Operation: Inferno Isle Ready For Public

Finally getting some of these out of beta and into the public. After this, I only have one in beta and two missions under development. I've tested this quite a bit and have successfully killed all 140 AI each time, so the calculations are fully functional without error. The fog map looked just too milky (water) to be playable, so I left it out. Enjoy!

Bundle Location -> DOWNLOAD

Co-op Mission based on Tanatos B52’s Island of Fire map

Mission Author: Bogie

File Size: 6.1 Mb

Version: 2.0

Web Screen Shot: http://www.diverecovery.com/graw2/infernoload.zip

Description in the quotes below:

OPERATION: INFERNO ISLE

As it turns out, Captain Vitale’s body was never recovered from Juarez leading us to believe that he may still be alive and held hostage by a group of fanatical mercenaries loyal to the former General Sanchez's beliefs. While the book recovered from the Mercenary Market is being analyzed for authenticity, the missions must continue.

An unusual buildup of mercenary forces has been spotted off of the west coast of Mexico affectionately known as the Island of Fire due to the continual volcano activity. Since the Island of Fire is in international waters, the US is going to send their Marines to secure the island. Be warned that satellite imagery has detected a large amount of DAVROS mines around the perimeter of the island.

Your mission:

1 Eliminate a minimum of 80% of the hostile forces to allow safe landing for our Marines

2 Secondary mission is to eliminate 100% of the hostile forces

3 Extract

The Day and Night versions of Operation: Inferno Isle is based on Tanatos B52’s gorgeous Island of Fire custom map. Each mission contains 140 enemy soldiers to which you must eliminate 80% for the victory conditions. There are also exactly 100 DAVROS mines lining the beaches of this map. It is recommended for 2+ players and has been thoroughly tested on dedicated Web and LAN servers utilizing the standard weapon layout and Brettzies 2.05b weapons mod. There are currently no known issues with this mission or map.

Special Thanks the beta testers: Rocky @ Ghostrecon.net, the graw2.pbwiki.com team, Anthony, Tinker, TripleX, Viper and his team @ AGB (agbgaming.com), Zero G, EBK52, Porter & Twix from the Army of Lion Guinea Pigs and Tanatos B52 for his wonderfully designed maps.

Yes, I do have a new weekly schedule so that I am absolutely sure that I have a new map for Thursday Game Night :D I know you play on Thursdays, so I do like to have betas & finals ready before your game night. Viper, Zero, Anthony, TripleX, Porter ... these guys just play all the time ...

Take care and enjoy!! Don't forget about the new Mercenary Market as well which should be played before this one.

Bogie

Woo Hoo! I totally missed this one in beta and had no idea it was ready for release!

Once again, a well balanced and well paced map. We especially enjoyed the multi-pronged bot attack at the beginning, and some of the great sniper positions you have to eliminate in the shanties.

Some minor comments and non-issues:

I had to reduce my graphics level significantly to handle wandering the beach area that had black textured sand (first time I had to do that on this Core2 quad Q6600 2.4ghz with 4 gig memory)

It would have been nice to see a few 50 cals in addition to RPGs. The RPGs were great on promotories that required 360 degree sight lines, but ideal locations for 50s would be on those promotories overwatching the initial bot rush (where Ghost attack angles are limited) and especially in the second story of some of those buildings, where the vulnerable sides and back of the 50s are covered by walls.

As always, someone was saying just about every 30 seconds, "Only Bogie would be evil enough to put a guy there!"

The percentage tallies were a nice twist and helps players feel a sense of progress that breaks up repetition.

As you can tell, this map was great stuff!

Edited by sightreader

Uh oh... something about this one suddenly isn't working any more. It may be some of the other ones I added in recently. I can't figure out what's incompatible. Here's the crash I get trying to start GR:

Crash in application version: 0.3048

Custom level bundle coop_bogie_inferno_v2 contains an invalid file path

Here's a snapshot of my CUSTOM_LEVELS directory:

Edit by Davros > Large image replaced with link

What's odd is that, when I first installed it, it used to work! Argh...

Uh oh... something about this one suddenly isn't working any more. It may be some of the other ones I added in recently. I can't figure out what's incompatible. Here's the crash I get trying to start GR:

Crash in application version: 0.3048

This happened because Bogie renamed his map Fire. So just delete this map: coop_bogie_fire_v1_5b.bundle

This happened because Bogie renamed his map Fire. So just delete this map: coop_bogie_fire_v1_5b.bundle

Great! I got Inferno to work... but now I can't find a new version of Fire anywhere (I posted the query in the Fire beta discussion) Has it been yanked from Beta?

LOL! Usually at our lan games that sentence starts with a few choice words...and is nowhere near that polite ;)

Yes, when we find the offending enemy, we usually say something to the effect of, "OK, I finally got that ***"...

There were three maps with similar names, so I just wanted to distinguish between the three:

- Islands of Fire: Original TDM\HH map by TanAtos B52

- Devil's Island: John's mission

- Inferno Isle: renamed from Fire Island. So essentially, Inferno Isle is Fire Island, just renamed for the public release.

Hope this helps.

"Didn't you get the memo?"

Oh, ok. So Fire is Inferno? That is, they are actually the same map?
Yes, as Bogie and I have stated.

- Inferno Isle: renamed from Fire Island. So essentially, Inferno Isle is Fire Island, just renamed for the public release.

Not sure how much clearer this can be. I am starting to suspect you are having a lend of me...

Dav