Hawx Mods

Rocky

• 2 weeks later...

Hello fellows, i'd like to skins some planes but what du u use to extract the textures from the pak files ?

I use power archiver but the when i extract them it ask me for a password :blink: if i click ok without writing the password files are extracted but are 0 ko !

Hey not sure if this is where you meant by 'Here' on the Hawx forums, if it is then great :)

A couple of skins which you might like to add to the downloads

Crystal-web Flanker:

http://rapidshare.com/files/214648308/Su-27_Flanker_P01.dds

Metal- Gear Ray Tom Cat:

http://rapidshare.com/files/215003538/MGS2..._Tomcat_P01.dds

The tomcat has been renamed just to make sure people know its from MGS and i've not attempted to say that its my colour scheme :)

Obviously people just need to rename it to the tomcat file which they want to change :P

thx Rocky!

Hello fellows, i'd like to skins some planes but what du u use to extract the textures from the pak files ?

I use power archiver but the when i extract them it ask me for a password :blink: if i click ok without writing the password files are extracted but are 0 ko !

The password is:

rF4hfGe1PfrzGe3IbaRtWsIn

you have to give the password every time you extract something.

hope this helps! :)

EDIT: Forgot to say, when you save in .dds save it in 8.8.8 24 bit (RGB)

Edited by PenguinGeneral

Blimey I can't keep up with you guys!

I am going to spend tomorrow night adding all the above to the downloads :thumbsup:

lol sorry, but some more skins from me!

Jolly Rogers Skinpack:

Download

Changes the F18, F18 SuperHornet, F14 tomcat/bombcat/Supertomcat, the F-4 Mild Weasel and F-4 Phantom II.

34335919.th.jpg f18w.th.jpg

f14a.th.jpg

YF-22 Raptor

Download

90242707.th.jpg 79637497.th.jpg

and more to come :D

sux that filefront closed down....

Edited by PenguinGeneral

Nice work, I'll add all these tomorrow (uhm today lol).

Maybe we need to put out a "Penguin Pack" soon!

Filefront closing was the best thing to happen to us, yeh it means a lot of work initially, but now we have fast downloads with no queuing, no ads, no landing pages etc, so its the best ever service for our mods section :)

Attention: don't forget backup old skin, new skin will overwrite old one

nice skin, but it shouldn't "overwrite" the original skin unless you place it in the data2.pak archive....

(it should be placed in: E:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\tom clany's hawx\Data\textures\geoms) you may have to create the some folders.

file path may be different, i have the steam version, which dosn't have working mp <_<

EDIT: the download link for the harrier is broken :huh:

Edited by PenguinGeneral

New skins

F-16, black camo, no markings.

f16blackcamo.th.jpg

http://www.esnips.com/doc/47a2b32e-5199-44..._camo_impala-88

f15supernaturalspecial.th.jpg

http://www.esnips.com/doc/52e2d4ef-3559-49...ecial_impala-88

In reply to TAW_kyar, almost anything in this game is moddable, although so far the only mods done are skins and new aircraft. I think theres only 2 new aircraft been made so far, from what i can see on the forums, one is the J10, the new chinese fighter, and the other is my WIP FA-37 Talon, although its got a long way to go before i finish it :P

Edited by Impala-88

Got a question guys. I'll still deciding if to get this game. Played the demo.

Regarding mods are plane skins the only thing that can be done? Can there be missions, maps, etc.....?

Thanks much in advance.

I missed you on Xfire earlier, but new models and skins are being produced now, I don't see any reason why there won't be missions in the future though...