I'm Home...

Saint

Some of you may or may not remember me...I was recently deployed to Iraq and was blogging about it over at myspace (which for whatever strange reason - some people actually read) and was hanging around here posting pics in the wikid pics thread.

Well...the good news is I'm back stateside permanently (at least for the time being heh heh) as my tour was cut short by a few months.

It was quite an experience...one that thousands of Coalition forces are still enduring...and not just in Iraq but but in other fabulous places like Afghanistan and and Djibouti, to name a few.

I hope they all make it home to their families safe and sound...though I fear not all will.

Eric - brother...thanks for chatting with me from time to time...you be safe over there and get your butt home in one piece! That's an order...LOL. :)

Who knows what the future holds...perhaps I'll be around here more to find out...I hear there is a new Ghost Recon on the horizon...wha?!? Lot's of catching up to do.

Welcome home, Saint! See any action?

I'm a married man so I wasn't really looking for any action... ;)

Oh...silly me...you mean...combat...nah not me...

I work in comms...more of a support role and definitely not an "action seeker" heh heh...but one thing I learned from being over there...everyone is potentially a target.

The sheer randomness of this little phenomenon called indirect fire means anyone could potentially be hit. Imagine if you will, a rocket launcher propped up with a car jack and set to fire remotely...sometimes they hit the barricades...sometimes they hit the trailers we live in...sometimes they land in the lake...sometimes they fall over and just hit the dirt in front of where they were propped up...and sometimes they don't even fire...(the bad guys sure don't have technology on their side or we'd be in trouble).

To be honest...I was more concerned with some of the yahoos the military issues weapons too.

@Rocky - laptop is in the mail along with all my other personal gear...I forgot what we wagered that I would get it back and it would still work...LOL.

Now I'll never know the rest of the story regarding the nickel. I was looking forward to frequent updates. :(

Glad to have you home. I'll miss the blogs, though. It made for some interesting reading. :yes:

Well...the good news is I'm back stateside permanently (at least for the time being heh heh) as my tour was cut short by a few months.

Welcome back Saint!! I'm glad you made it home safe. I'm headed that way at the end of the month for another tour. Glad you're back and at home again.

Now I'll never know the rest of the story regarding the nickel. I was looking forward to frequent updates. :(

Glad to have you home. I'll miss the blogs, though. It made for some interesting reading. :yes:

you'd be surprised how many people have asked about the nickel...heh heh. The world will never know the fate of the nickel now...and as far as the blog goes...well I'm working on something a little bit more up my alley and closer to home.

;)

@all - thanks for the "welcome homes" - means a lot!

Sorry to see you home under such circumstances. One day I imagine I will be back up that way and have to spend the day at the range again. I'll buy more rounds. ;)

Indeed...that was a ton o' fun.

I've taken my daughter and son back a few times since I've been home...I discovered the range has a GSG-5 rifle and pistol version in their armory that you can rent...can't beat the price of .22 ammo...and it's a whole lotta fun to shoot.

I think I might be able to scrounge up a pic to post...

Saint I dropped the ball big time.. I still have some things for you. Where should they go?

No worries bro...I'm just glad you didn't mail anything to Iraq recently or I may have never gotten it. I'll PM you my home addy.

Cheers!

• 2 weeks later...

I can't tell you how many asses I chewed for seeing weapons on fire. I never quite understood what the point was in carrying a weapon w/o a mag in... Til then.

Welcome back home bro.

Welcome home, Saint! See any action?

I'm a married man so I wasn't really looking for any action... ;)

Oh...silly me...you mean...combat...nah not me...

I work in comms...more of a support role and definitely not an "action seeker" heh heh...but one thing I learned from being over there...everyone is potentially a target.

The sheer randomness of this little phenomenon called indirect fire means anyone could potentially be hit. Imagine if you will, a rocket launcher propped up with a car jack and set to fire remotely...sometimes they hit the barricades...sometimes they hit the trailers we live in...sometimes they land in the lake...sometimes they fall over and just hit the dirt in front of where they were propped up...and sometimes they don't even fire...(the bad guys sure don't have technology on their side or we'd be in trouble).

To be honest...I was more concerned with some of the yahoos the military issues weapons too.

@Rocky - laptop is in the mail along with all my other personal gear...I forgot what we wagered that I would get it back and it would still work...LOL.