Bogie Campaign Act Ii & Iii Beta

So it took quite a bit longer to get these ready for testing. http://www.diverecovery.com/graw2/campaign..._act02_ver1.zip

As with the other beta, you can anticipate the following from each map:

- Custom Briefings that include objectives, tactical, strategic, tips as well as a custom tactical map.

- Insertion location and time when entering the map

- Added Narcom video & audio that makes sense throughout each mission

- Location text that will appear in the lower left corner when you enter that particular area. IE: the City Hall GUI Text will appear when you get close to the City Hall in Operation Evicted Occupation

- Since there is no respawning, these spots are now where the game is saved (SP Only). Added a few additional save spots.

- Added mood and\or memorable music at the beginning and end of each mission. The missions that didn't have occasional sound efx now have them.

- Removed quite a few AI from most maps. Reduced most patrols from 3 & 4 AI down to 2 AI, especially in the larger maps such as Sanchez City and Toxic Part II.

Here are the maps in order:

Act II

Beginning with Mission 5: Relative SanctuaryHad quite a few issues with this map if you've seen the posts. The map looks just slightly different with the new positioning as the ground is really dark and some of the props are lighter due to being closer to the sun. However, this is one of my favorites to play with the 4 man squad.

- Rearranged some of the mines (now you can shoot the one by the stump and the one past the flight recorder explodes a little further out so it isn't an instant death)

- Removed 3 snipers that were in severe problem areas - such as the one early on that was behind a tree with vines that you couldn't always shoot.

Mercenary Village

- Removed the Havoc

- Reduced the snipers on the hill that you couldn't see due to the trees.

- Reduced AI patrols

Sanchez City

- Reduced AI patrols and snipers quite a bit. However, it is still very challenging.

- Added quite a few more save points for SP

Act III

Toxic Revolutionaries Part I- Changed up some of the AI locations

Toxic Revolutionaries Part II

- Had to create a platform at the inital spawn point due to the "instant death" bug we've been experiencing.

- Reduced all AI patrols from 3 to 2 AI each

I know that I had mentioned a bonus map, but this isn't going to occur. We'll just leave this campaign only with the "Sanchez" events.

Note that I've tested these in SP campaign all the way through and checked these in LAN Campaign mode as well (but not as much as the SP side and used codes to increase health as I was mostly checking for functionality of the triggers, sound, etc.).

Please let me know your thoughts. I'm going to go ahead and modify the suggestions from the Training and Act I portions and hopefully will be able to release all 11 campaign missions at the same time in two bundles.

Gave them a try after finally gettin them (thanks Rocky and Bogie)... well i love them... keep gettin my ###### handed to me by the sheer volume of enemies that seem to appear round every corner :lol: love the fog training mission and the 1st mission.. ace twist at the end

Gave them a try after finally gettin them (thanks Rocky and Bogie)... well i love them... keep gettin my ###### handed to me by the sheer volume of enemies that seem to appear round every corner :lol: love the fog training mission and the 1st mission.. ace twist at the end

Thanks for the reply, Yorkshire Sniper! Glad you liked the maps. Note that a few of the maps I've toned down the enemy presence as these were initially designed as Lan\Internet Coop missions targeting 3-5 human players. On some internet circles, we've had a full compliment of players ranging 7-12 players. So converting to SP\Coop Campaign was a different mindset and I'm still trying to figure out the too easy -> too unrealistic balance.

Keep posting your thoughts and suggestions to help improve the overall experience of these missions and I will certainlly see what I can do to incorporate them.

I appreciate it, Rocky. Just love the game! Can't wait to see what others have produced here soon :thumbsup:

Haaaaa I saw the pre-edit nah nah na na nah!

:D Yea, I have to be careful and not go overboard... Not to mention, I've been dinged by the global community for not understanding some American humor. Glad you had a laugh, for some reason, I couldn't help myself as you just opened yourself up for that one :rofl:

Glad you had a laugh, for some reason, I couldn't help myself as you just opened yourself up for that one :rofl:

Well, it was the second time you had cracked the same joke, but yet, I set it up nicely for ya :rofl:

Played up to Level 3 the night one... loving it... i will say this the snipers aer difficult to kill on level 2 with owt less than the barrett..... especially the ones on the roof of the checkpoint.... took a fair few hits from a M-14 to drop him but only one from the big .50cal

PS played it thru... LOVED the twist from "The Unit" in the last mission :lol:

Edited by Yorkshire Sniper

ok so we started on toxic 's 1 & 2 maps both times after startin map got this crash

Crash in application version: 30899.3048

Unhandled exception - access violation

C STACK:

graw2 (???) : ???

SCRIPT STACK:

data\lib\script_network\gametype\gametype.dsf(0)

Renderer: threaded

Physics : threaded

dont know whats causin this maybe brettzies mod dunno

his mod worked on ur other maps on act 1

Hello Zero,

Are you guys playing over an internet server or a local LAN? I just finished the entire SP campaign (non Brettzies mod) and didn't have any problems except for the non existing tactical map in Relative Sanctuary.

I've also gone through and tested the Oceanic Suppression (revision 2 with less AI), hitting the tactical map quite often as you had a crash with this in the last thread. Was this also internet\LAN\SP? I have a friend coming over tomorrow night (Saturday) and am just making a list of issues to test.

I typically do not test with Brettzies Weapon Mod as most online servers don't seem to have them. However, I may start just to assure compatibility. Do you always have his current version? I think he is up to 2.05 and I have 2.04.

Thanks,

Bogie

its a online server that my friend (*ebk52*) starts called Ghostsoldiers we play every day mostly ur maps with brettzies mod 2.05 and we test ur maps with the mod since the others dont never have any problems with the maps and i know there was a problem with the 2.04 version of the mod that was causin crashes but was fixed with the current version that u can get here

http://files.filefront.com/Brettzies+wpnPa...;/fileinfo.html

i know he has a 2.05 and a 2.05b with 2.05 being the latest

get the mod and join us only a few of the brettzies servers out there =SPARTA=, -HK-,=TAW=, and ours *Ghostsoldiers* so if u see us join we are on around 7 to 4 am est sometimes as early as 5pm

later *Zero*

C STACK:

SCRIPT STACK:

data\lib\managers\eventmanager.dsf(0)

data\lib\managers\worldmanager.dsf(0)

data\lib\setups\setup.dsf(0)

data\level\level.dsf(0)

got that crash on toxic part 2 map same server as above ^^^^ post

Edited by Zero_G

C STACK:

SCRIPT STACK:

data\lib\setups\setup.dsf(0)

data\level\level.dsf(0)

got that crash on toxic part 2 map same server as above ^^^^ post

Hello Zero,

This past weekend, we pounded out quite a few tests with these maps. One of our tests included utilizing the Brettzies 2.05b - some of the maps, like Relative Sanctuary, we could not get the Ghost AI suited up with any of the modded weapons and we would get an instant crash when we tried to load the game (C Stack). If we did not use the Ghost AI, we were just fine. It did get to the point when we had to move on and not use the Brettzies weapons mod, which is a shame as we really enjoy the weapon enhancements.

Some of the errors may also have been due to memory. We noticed a significant performance loss on two coop maps (Sanchez City & Toxic Revolutionaries Part II) when using the weapons mod and eventually crashed more than 2/3rds the way through. We could only conclude that the heavy memory utilization by the map as well as the weapons mod was just too much for the client\server.

put act 2 bundle in with act 1 and played on.... got a warning about a tree or something not being found... (have i missed a download or something?) cos i got a CTD when i tried to start the mission

Yup, I always stated that trees were evil. There is an issue for the SP campaign and didn't reconize it since I updated my local copy. At the end of Oceanic Suppression, I did not have the next map ready, so I didn't put Relative Sanctuary into the queue if you will. I will fix and upload at my next opportunity.

Note that you can still play these as LAN Campaigns in the Multiplayer section - there just would not be any Save Games in case you die.

Hi Bogie, played this the other day though i did not get too far into it, just to the second part of the first map. It's been so long since I played a campaign, wow...it's such a different game to coop.

I was careless with my guys and lost 1 in the first firefight and the others progressively from there. Managing the malitia was fantastic fun. Eager little folks arn't they!

It was an absolute rush playing in this mode. I did not have any issues and loved the briefing and all the work that has gone into setting this up as a mission. Really nice job.

Dav

:thumbsup: Yes, it takes a little adjusting to get back into campaign mode. The first couple of times I played Escape from Juarez (in the initial tunnels) and Oceanic Suppressions, the AI kept getting in my way ... oops. Because there are quite a few enemy, I typically just use them to cover critical points to watch my back.

Yes, the Evicted Occupation with the Loyalists is great. I actually only reduced the map by a few long range snipers and two patrols to make up for the additional loyalist support. This and Relative Sanctuary are probably the best two of the bunch.

I'll probably release the entire set to the public by this weekend barring any errors from others testing.

Thanks for playing and enjoy gaming night tomorrow!

Bogie

• 4 months later...