Ghost Recon.net Forums

Time for an update -

Well the last week was an interesting one - a map that I had chosen to use just didnt quite fit with my plan so after a chat with my adviser we settled on a different map - an oldie but a raely used goodie.

Then I had to think about exactly what I want to do on this new map - we threw around a few ideas and decided that I really should do a map which had some intense firefighting and destruction going on while the Seals did their work.

I opened a test map and went ahead testing to see how it all came together - yesterday I decided I was ready to do a fresh fianl version and really happy with how it's turned out. The ambient feel is spectacular - extremely immersive and should bring joy to all.

So that's Mission 5 at Beta stage.

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I really should do a map which had some intense firefighting and destruction going on while the Seals did their work.

There was a mod released once that went for that "in the middle of a bigger operation" type of feel, it was really great, like you said, very immersive.

Keep it up mate, sounding better all the time.

Update -

Mission 6 is almost wrapped up - an 11th hour attempt to prevent an invasion, however, I fear that the enemy will find a way through and that this campaign will drag on into the winter months.

One can only hope that ongoing political negotiations will find a resolution or this could turn into something much more deadly.

Work begins on Mission 7 - what I love about this mod so far is every map brings something different to the tournament - really enjoying building this.

And the maps are just great custom maps - a joy to work with.

I'm still building it - aiming for about 9 missions.

Will be a SP Tourney Mod although part of me is thinking or having a second MP tourney running at the same time - no guarantees though.

I currently am starting on Mission 7 - but still a lot of work to be done - if I had to give an ETA I would say not before June but could be several months later (3 -6 months).

Update -

Working away on Mission 7 - struggled for solid idea initially but it came finally and have been playing around with the AI on map to make them sneaky. Another fresh mission to keep players excited - more CQB action this time and maybe an ambush.

Weather has turned finally - yes winter is upon the Seals but the compaign goes on - peace soon we hope - fingers crossed.

Also began the artwork for the Mod (needed a break from scripting) - really happy with how it's turned out - very clean look and fresh images. I think the Seals will be proud of the final product.

Will require 3 mods as part of this - Navy Seals 2.0 for the first few missions and then Frostbite and DTD Cold Crisis as we push into the winter months. All stellar mods.

I'll start the training right now - Replaying all my old downloaded tournament missions - using only 6 operatives...

Looking forward to the tournament - It will be great! Any 'old weapon mod' specially recomended for practice?

• 3 weeks later...

im still here - working away on the mod again - wasn't totally happen with Mission 7 so played with it a bit and then it decided not to work at all :\

but im rebuilding it on a clean map and should be ready soon and better for the changes overall.

artwork is basically all finished now and ill post some screenies within the next week to whet the appetite.

then i just have 2 missions left and beta testing - if things continue in this mode i should have something ready around June and then i will start advertising and setting up Tourney table.

also some things to keep it all honest - won't say anything about that.

next update next weekend with screenies.

Mission 8 is finished!!

And after some discussion with my Advisor we have worked out the specs for the final mission to be completed on another of the great GR custom maps.

And the Seal Team will be ready for a well-earned break and a chance to thaw out.

Plans to start the forum are under way now and a video to get the mouths drooling and the competitors pumped up.

Also removed one of the weapons mods from this tourney too - was getting a bit confusing trying to work out whether to set navy Seals 2.0 as prioirty or a DTD mod - so just using Navy Seals 2.0.

The other mod in this will be Frostbite 3 for part of the tourney.

Also removed one of the weapons mods from this tourney too - was getting a bit confusing trying to work out whether to set navy Seals 2.0 as prioirty or a DTD mod - so just using Navy Seals 2.0.

shouldn't that be 2.1 ?

// Mods Contents

NAME "Navy SEALS 2.1"

AUTHOR "Piccolo"

SUPPORT "chriscartman@hotmail.com"

VERSION "2.1"

MULTIPLAYER "Server-Client"

Navy Seals v2.1 by Piccolo

well DTD Cold Crisis weapons and skins mod is back in.

it turns out Navy Seals 2.1 had a conflict with FB 3.1.

so we use Navy Seals up until the winter maps - then deactivate it and activate DTD Cold Crisis.

Thanks! I thought it was just me who had conflicts with Navy Seals 2.1 and FB 3.1. Too bad, I've always liked the NS2.1 mod. There's also Sixpence's Seals 1.5 as an option, but I've never tried it with FB.

well DTD Cold Crisis weapons and skins mod is back in.

Players will be able to use NS2.1 for the first half of the Tournament and switch to DTD Cold Crisis for the rest.

We don't seem to have a DTD mod listed called "Cold Crisis"

do you mean Cold Call-Out ? as that is the only FB "add-on" the DTD team have listed on their site.

Video being released shortly which should get ppl excited for the tourney.

Also, went back and tweaked mission 7 - wasnt quite right b4 but now im really happy with it.

And mission 8 - i had finished it conceptually and had built it but another that wasnt quite there and its still not perfect yet but it has just jumped several notches and is v close to Tournament quality.

Hopefully, will get plenty of players for this - will be gr8 fun and a gr8 test.