Big Problem [incompatibility with other maps]

[SPH]Galor

Hi all!!!

Some time ago I made a map called Estacion_de_com, but I have never been able to function properly.

Apparently give me incompatibility with other maps, such Containership.

There is an object (a Spanish flag) that is common in both maps (also shown on the map Depresion_2), and I thought there was the problem.

So I removed the flag, but still failing.

Another common view other maps are Biro rocks (originals of map Castle_day), which do not appear on the map Containership, but if Depresion_2 on the map.

I have removed but still failing.

The error is as follows:

If I create a server on my pc (online) with the map, I can boot and play smoothly.

If the same map, upload it to our online payment server, the server crashes (whether or not the map Containership or Depresion_2).

I spent much time on this map, and not much bothers me to find the fault :wall:

The error message that occurs in the server I do not give any clue:

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Thu Feb 26 13:21:30 2009

Crash in application version: 30899.3048

Unhandled exception - access violation

C STACK:

PhysXCore (???) : NxCreateCoreSDK

Renderer: threaded

Physics : normal

----------------------------------------------------------------------

I will upload the map to see if someone can take a look and find the problem.

It would be a pity to leave the map..... :wacko:

ESTACION_DE_COM

http://files.filefront.com/estacion+de+com...;/fileinfo.html

Hi Galor,

Great to see you about.

There are a number of props. that cause crashes - only on dedicated servers...so it may not be a conflict with other maps that is causing the issue...it may be a prop. that does not like to run on a dedicated server.

So, I suggest you start by removeing all the props from the world XML and load the game...see how that goes...then add "chunks" back in until it fails...then narrow down which prop. is at fault.

It will take a few hours...but is worth it.

Dav.

Hello [HI] Galor! Yes, I saw the conflicts with the containership.bundle which we should be able to fix in just a few steps. Note that I not only have your containership.bundle in my custom_levels, but also have the Operation: Oceanic Suppression in both the coop and now campaign bundles based off of your containership without incident. To achieve this, I ended up renaming pretty much all of the directories and a few of the xml files.

For instance, in your objects\props directory you have:

- graffiti

- hangar

- torre

I would end up naming those directories

- graffiti_estacion

- hangar_estacion

- torre_estacion

And then of course assuring the the xml files had the new directory structures.

I also just compared the Estacion De Com with the Containership and I do see at least one conflict:

- objects\props\graffiti\art_hi (would rename the directory to graffiti_estacion)

- textures\atlas_props\atlas_graffiti\diffuse (would rename the directory to atlas_graffiti_estacion)

- units\art_hi\u_art_hi.xml - in this instance, I would rename not only the directory to art_hi_estacion but also the xml file to u_art_hi_estacion.xml.

This should work to keep your logo intact within your map. Considering the same format may also allow you to add your other objects back in to the map.

I also noticed that the map seemed just a little jerky. Consider converting your lightmaps and sillhouettes from TGA to DDS. Nvidia has a plugin to Photoshop that would allow you to convert these very quickly setting up an Action. http://developer.nvidia.com/page/tools.html

Good luck with the map. I think it looks absolutely great!!

Bogie

Further to Bogies post...this entry on the wiki may assist...

http://graw2.pbwiki.com/Publishing-your-co...ion#Sociability

Bigie, I'm surprised by the error message Galor recieved...did you get the same message? I would have expected a naming confict like that to cause an error on load...not the C STACK:

PhysXCore (???) : NxCreateCoreSDK error - which he said only showed on a dedi. server?

Dav

FYI, I just renamed those directory structures, changed the paths for those xml files in the art_hi directories and it worked. One other change I needed to make was to go into the texture_scope.xml in your estacion_de_com custom level directory and change the path to your atlas_graffiti to atlas_graffiti_estacion.

So I now have both containership and estacion de com working at the same time. :thumbsup: If you still have issues, let me know and I'll bundle this up.

Dav, that error suprised me as well. I did not see any physx objects that would cause issues with non-physx compatible cards. In [HI] Galor's map I did walk around and shoot up a storm (no AI though). So perhaps there is a prop in the map that may have errored out due to not being able to handle a physics property. Didn't see any new kind of props that I haven't seen before except for a pipe (which looked cool) and the custom terrain. Perhaps the GPU card on the server couldn't interpret something correctly?

Thanks,

Bogie

Hi boys, sorry for not being on lately. the fault ( PhysXCore (???) : NxCreateCoreSDK ) is a texture_scope or a lightmap fault. the most common fault is when you made your map, you bundled it up and add it to your custom folder, but you left your lightmap files in your map making folder. Which is, data/customlevels/lightmap/the name of your map. Or your map is looking for a lightmap from another map or the same map. The Graw2 game is looking at your Estacion_de_com bundle file and your Estacion_de_com file in your editors lightmaps folder and it can't work out what lightmap to use, so it crashes..

Have a look to see if your texture_scope is done properly.

A quick test is remove all your custom bundle files and remove all the other maps that your working on,(in the editor) and put them in a different folder out side the graw2 folder. But leave Estacion_de_com bundle file in your Graw2 and it should work..

Rad.... :thumbsup:

Thank you all for your answers.

I renamed the folders as you said Bogiegraphics, but still getting the same error.

I repeat that in my pc, I haven´t problems of incompatibility with any map, just happens when upload this map to a server online (payment).

I would like if possible, send me your map converted to folders, to prove it.

Now I'm going to try to remove all objects in the map, as Davros comment, and start adding them one by one. First the ground, then the tower, etc..

As for the lightmaps Radiator, I am somewhat lost.

I render this map thousand times, and I've never had problems when tested on my pc, so I put it to the public .... unfortunately I was not having a payment server where I can upload it and see if it failed there, as has been found .

What could be done to see if the error is that you say?

Again, thanksssss

EDIT:

I'm thinking something ..... when I made the ground of this map, 3D MAX gave me an error when export, because it had more of the supported vertex. So I divide the field in two parts, so I can export.

Is it possible that the code is wrong and I can give me error?

The bad news is that I lost the files. MAX terrain, so I can not tell if you've divided or not (I think yes).

If I have divided the field into two parts, should appear in the xml? Because if so, the map works without any addition.

Is this the problem?

Here the XML object "terreno" :

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="iso-8859-1"?>

<dynamic_object xmlns:xi="x">

<diesel file="/Data/objects/world/terreno/terreno.diesel" orientation_object="root_point" materials="/Data/objects/world/terreno/materials.xml" viewports="default|crosscom"/>

<body fixed="true" name="terreno" template="static_ground" max_walk_angle="45">

<object name="root_point"/>

<object name="terreno" collision_type="mesh_mopp" hidden="false" material="concrete"/>

</body>

<editor_marker_manager>

<marker name="terreno">

<offset x="0" y="0"/>

</marker>

</editor_marker_manager>

<decal_surfaces static="true">

<ds_mesh object="terreno"/>

</decal_surfaces>

<lightmap>

<object name="terreno" height="256" width="256"/>

</lightmap>

</dynamic_object>

Edited by [HI]Galor

Hi Galor

Not sure if this cause problems ,but u have 2 "franjas" textures ,one without bump (torre) and one with (hangar) in u materials.

And torre texture is 148 x 148 pixel at normal 128 x 128 what is nearest size to that ,not sure because it works to export 148 x 148 to dds without warnings in Nvidia plugin.

U can save file size if u delete duplicates of textures and share dir for thouse.

Nice map u working on... :thumbsup:

Galor' date='Feb 27 2009, 01:52 PM' post='535955']

Thank you all for your answers.

I renamed the folders as you said Bogiegraphics, but still getting the same error.

I repeat that in my pc, I haven´t problems of incompatibility with any map, just happens when upload this map to a server online (payment).

I would like if possible, send me your map converted to folders, to prove it.

Here you go, [HI]Galor -> http://www.diverecovery.com/graw2/estacion_de_com.zip Note that it did work fine on my personal PC with the containership map and Oceanic Suppression, but I did not try it on a dedicated server. I just renamed the directories and adjused the xml files with those directory names.

Good Luck,

Bogie

Thought I'd try this on my PC (Core 2, 8800GT no PhysX) as just a "normal" GRAW2 game, (ie. non-dedi-server)...

Left existing .bundles left in custom_levels dir.

Step 1.

Ran Galors original version (in post #1) and got this error ~10 seconds into the load screen (for a siege game)...

C STACK:

ntdll (???) : wtol

kernel32 (???) : LocalAlloc

d3d9 (???) : DebugSetLevel

graw2 (???) : ???

??? (???) : ???

Physics : threaded

Ran again, got this error at the same point...

C STACK:

ntdll (???) : wcsncpy

d3d9 (???) : Direct3DShaderValidatorCreate9

Step 2.

Removed Galors version.

Loaded Bogies version and started siege game.

Got this error at same point (10 sec's into siege game load screen) ....

C STACK:

ntdll (???) : wcsncpy

d3d9 (???) : Direct3DShaderValidatorCreate9

??? (???) : ???

Step 3.

Removed all bundles. Put in Galors version of estacion_de_com, ran OK.

Removed all bundles. Put in Bogies version of estacion_de_com, ran OK.

step 4

Ran with just Galors orig. and coop_bogie_oceanic_v3, containership.

"Crash in application version: 0.3048

Custom level bundle estacion_de_com contains an invalid file path"

Step 6

Ran with just Bogies version of estacion_de_com and coop_bogie_oceanic_v3, containership, ran OK.

Step 7.

Added all the other bundles back (~65) and ran using Bogies version of estacion_de_com.

Worked!!! Ran again..worked. So Step 2 and 7 were the same, but gave diff. results.

I hate that. No ideas left.

Dav.

I'm making progress little by little :)

I have managed to upload a version (not complete) in my online server without this fall.

I have chosen to remove all objects and adding little by little, to see what the problem is.

As I get results you go commenting. See if can soon have a final version that will not fail.

Thanks!