Ghost Recon.net Forums

I prefer [OFP: DR]...first I've never heard of this game tks Viiiper for the info...what hook me most is environment lightning effects from skys changes and very dynamic light...the explosions effect wow so realistic...is there a demo of these?

This video is much more engaging/interesting than any of the previous stuff they have released to date, although it still really does not say/show much. However I will go so far as to say that it looks as if it is likely to be very competitive between ArmA2 and [OFP: DR].

For me, there is still not enough real information about either to even begin to make any serious comparisons or decisions.

The [OFP: DR] video definitely looks better than the screenshots we've been seeing. That said, I'm up in the air on [OFP: DR]. I'm still not sure how I feel about Codemasters using BIS' name and basic concept to their own ends.

Positive comments in general, that is exactly how I feel, if one hits the mark I will be happy, two in one year, it's nearly an O.GR revolution play time ;)

I prefer [OFP: DR]...first I've never heard of this game tks Viiiper for the info...what hook me most is environment lightning effects from skys changes and very dynamic light...the explosions effect wow so realistic...is there a demo of these?

There is no Demo of either and there might not be too, primarily as both are sporting open battlefield gameplay, meaning the whole map is available in all modes & missions, no fake walls or barriers.

There will be more from both camps as they go for May & June/July releases (BIS & CM respectfully). Both will come with Editors & conversion tools, BIS confirmed SADS, CM have not at this time. CM use .lua scripting language (an international standard these days in games) BIS use there own proprietary scripting language similar to what GRIN did with GRAW but a more flexible & powerful version.

BIS will have 2 main forces, 2 sub rebel forces, civilians & animals, CM only confirms 2 main forces (USMC & PLA), both sport 4 man storyline (campaign mode), unclear if this will include AI assist option, both titles confirm you can storyline with AI or buddies, Coop mode, PvP (TDM etc) confirmed.

CM slipped their release calender to summer (June/July), originally May & BIS have posted (by devs at BIS forums) that they see no reason for the title release date to move.

[Those images were already posted in the Operation Flashpoint: Dragon Rising Forum +It's not called [OFP: DR] any more]

Edited by Pave Low