Brettzies Weapons Pack V2.*

Brettzies

Ok thanks will give that a go. Been ages since I installed the first version of this mod... but something tells me I had to unbundle it last time to.

By the way, are there any british DPM skins around? Like desert tan? Would be awesome with the L85 :).

• 2 months later...
  • Replies 311
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

BlackHawkDown compatible Patch - FileFront Link

I created a patch that makes this weapon pack compatbile with Radiator's BlackHawkDown mission. Assuming you are running the weapon pack the correct way, you should just be able to pick the mission from the list and run without crashing.

I'm not quite sure how this will work in multi player since it is not a bundle but some extra files that replace conflicts. Most likely anti-cheat will have to be disabled.

ps. Rocky, if you read this, can I have access to modifiy the first post in this thread again? I want to add the patch to the list of downloads. Thanks. Your pm won't let me send you one.

Edited by Brettzies

v2.07 Update

Fix for the Crye/MRC added from the short lived v2.06. This update is not really adding anything new to the mod. It is mostly just making it more compatible with maps and missions still being made for GRAW2. I always wanted to have the mod in as few files as possible and thanks to Radiator’s sound work, I was at least able to pair it down to two main bundle files with the intro movie still being in local. There are also two files for running the mod without having to modify your stock context.xml. Over the past year or so, I have made minor tweaks to this mod, but never published anything. The list below is probably incomplete, just off the top of my head.

Tweaks

·set all weapons with no burst mode to single shot when cycling through burst,

previously they just would not fire when cycling through burst mode.

·added combat sight as a selectable attachment to Mk46 SAW in campaign

·reduced the zoom distance for all eotechs

·changed grip for soldiers not using tac grips to grab the barrel (like grip patch for v2.05)

29 April 2010

Updated to v2.07. Minor compatibility tweaks and adjustments. Mod is now using two bundles w/xmb files compiled to hopefully allevieate installation issues. The local/english directory is also used to store the intro movie file and a custom .bat file with custom context.xml in the root dir to run the mod. See the readme for more details. As of this date, the BlackHawkDown patch is still required to work with that mission for MP, and should work with this version of the mod as well. ACU camo patch should also work with this. Only difference is both patches need their files to go in english now instead of local/bp_weapons_pack_v2.05

Downloads:

-----------------------------------------------

1st Person: (bundle only)

Full Mod: bp Weapon Pack v2.07b - Moddb Link

Full Mod: bp Weapon Pack v2.07b - GrNetLink

Edited by JohnTC02

Hey, brettzies! Awesome work on this mod! I got it way back around at 1.4 but the PC got reformatted so i lost all my files. Just installed your 2.05OTS as well as the 2.07 versions and they both work great but I'm wondering if its still possible to get the old-school style ghosts. I don't really like the crye-suits that much, you see? xD

Hey, brettzies! Awesome work on this mod! I got it way back around at 1.4 but the PC got reformatted so i lost all my files. Just installed your 2.05OTS as well as the 2.07 versions and they both work great but I'm wondering if its still possible to get the old-school style ghosts. I don't really like the crye-suits that much, you see? xD

Nice to hear they worked.

If you want to go back to the v1.4 uniforms, it's a little complex, but can be done since I left the code in there.

\units\beings\u_teammates.xml and u_multiplayer.xml

\lib\managers\xml\ghost_templates.xml

u_teammates.xml has a section called "New Ghost Uniforms" and "Original Ghost Uniforms" you just need to reverse them, so one is commented out, by putting this around them <!-- and -->, and the other is "active," by removing those arrow/dashes.

u_multiplayer.xml has a big entry for each solider class, but next to their main "body" file is a note for what they use to be, ie:

<model file="/beings/ghost_team/ghost_team_player.xml"/><!--ghost_merc.xml-->

So, switch ghost_team_player with ghost_merc and it should switch the body.

For all the head stuff, you have to go into ghost_templates.xml and just mess around with the entries for various gear. I put a lot of instructions that look more or less like this:

<!--For a Merc head-->

<!--<head_unit name="merc_head_02"/>-->

<!--<gear_unit name="bp_ballcap"/>-->

<!--<gear_unit name="bp_headset"/>-->

<!--<gear_unit name="bp_boonie_hat"/>-->

<!--<gear_unit name="merc_head_gear_glasses"/>-->

<!--<gear_unit name="bp_mich2001_merc"/>-->

<!--<gear_unit name="bp_nvg_merc_up"/>-->

<!--<gear_unit name="ghost_sf_helmet"/>--> <!--alternate helmet with headset-->

<!--<gear_unit name="merc_head_gear_comhat"/>--> <!--headset only-->

<!--For an SF head with hood-->

<!--<head_unit name="ghost_sf_head_base"/>-->

<!--<gear_unit name="mex_sf_face_02"/>--> <!-- 01 through 04-->

<!--<gear_unit name="bp_mich2001_sf"/>--> <!--can also use bp_mich2001_sf_black-->

<!--<gear_unit name="bp_nvg_sf_up"/>-->

<!--<gear_unit name="ghost_sf_helmet"/>--> <!--alternate helmet with headset-->

<!--<gear_unit name="merc_head_gear_comhat"/>--> <!--headset only-->

Also, for version 2.07 you will have to unbundle it if you want to get access to these files. If this doesn't make sense, there are some threads in here that can explain it in more detail.

*Post#96 has an example of how to "un-bundle" the mod

Edited by Brettzies

Version 2.07b now includes both the bundled and unbundled version of the mod, I have updated all download links.

Anyone that was having problems using the bundled version should download the mod again.

• 7 months later...

HI.

Long time GR player some yrs back and got the itch again, picked up GRAW 1, got the feel for it, noticed the awesome looking full sp. campaigns for GRAW2 and dl'd that.

Got patched and went looking for mods.

Used Brettzies Weapons mod for GRAW1 and works great so of course, wanted it for GRAW2.

But I am having the same issue as the previous poster.

Crash in application version: 30899.3048

data\lib\managers\groupmanager.dsf(-1): No soldier template named "STONE"

SCRIPT STACK:

data\lib\managers\groupmanager.dsf(0)

data\lib\managers\groupmanager.dsf(0)

data\lib\script_network\gametype\gametypecampaign.dsf(0)

data\lib\script_network\networkmanager.dsf(0)

data\lib\setups\setup.dsf(0)

data\level\level.dsf(0)

Renderer: threaded

Physics : threaded"

Have installed and uninstalled mod and game more times than I want to admit.

Not sure if this will be meaningful but I'm guessing it is a type-o.

In the PDF FIle the instructions for installation read

Simply extract the contents of bp_weapons_pack.v3.0b.zip into your main Ghost Recon

Advanced Warfighter 2 folder.

This will put the files in the correct place.

context_bp_weapons_pack_v3.0.xml

bp_weapons_pack_v3.0.bat

bp_weapons_pack_v3.0_mod.bundle

bp_weapons_pack_v3_0_sound.bundle

bp_intro_v3.0.bik...

Inside the mian ZIP file, there is a file named bp_weapons_pack "v3.02b"

but there is not a zip file named v3.0b.

A type-o ?

Maybe the wrong version made it to the compression and uploading stage and the needed 3.02b needs to replace it.

Tried again after this post to no avail. using suggested fix (rename Loca>English folder)

Thanks for any help.

Casperrr

Inside the mian ZIP file, there is a file named bp_weapons_pack "v3.02b"

but there is not a zip file named v3.0b.

A type-o ?

Maybe the wrong version made it to the compression and uploading stage and the needed 3.02b needs to replace it.

Tried again after this post to no avail. using suggested fix (rename Loca>English folder)

Thanks for any help.

Casperrr

Sorry you are having issues.

The little b just means that's the bundled version. It's mostly for my own organization and it can be a pain updating the readme for little tweaks like that. Sometimes I do miss things though. The little b version doesn't make a local/bp_weapons_pack_v3.02b folder. It just puts one file in the mod folder, one in the custom_levels folder, and one in the local/english folder.

The unbulded version doesn't have the little b(which just stands for bundle), and hence makes a folder in local called bp_weapons_pack_v3.02 to store all of its files. This is the folder where the context file will look for the files. It's very important that the name of this folder be the same as the one the context file is looking for. I provide a custom context file and bat file to run the mod, so you can run the game without the mod by simply...running it as normal.

If you are using the unbundled version, your context_bp_weapons_pack_v3.02.xml should have a line like this in it:

<script base="data" exec="Menu/Menu" editor="false" language="bp_weapons_pack_v3.02"/>
Then bundled version has this:
<script base="data" exec="Menu/Menu" editor="false" language="english"/>

<mod_bundle name="bp_weapons_pack_v3.02_mod"/>

The name of the context file is also important if you plan to use the custom bat file because it is looking for a file named: context_bp_weapons_pack_v3.02.xml.

If you rename the local/bp_weapons_pack_v3.02 folder to local/english, then you need run the game the standard way(which will use the base context file).

The issue you are having means the game isn't reading the mod correctly. A lot of people have this problem on various setups, that's one reason I include the unbundled version. The three best solutions are on the first post of this thread. I really can't offer too much more then that.

However, recently I've been working on a Windows 7 machine and I noticed lots of problems with "permissions," and installing various application, even when I have admin priveledges. It's possible that when people installed Graw2 it does some sort of strange access limitation on certain folders. Meaning when you try to unzip a file into that directory, it's just ignoring the install and not putting the files in the correct place, or not readin them. I really have no idea as I've only tested on XP.

The ideal way to run is the bundled version. Not really sure why people have so many issues with it though.

Hey Brettzie,

Now that you've had a break from modding for a while :whistle: I was wondering if you would consider putting another weapon or two into the mix. I have a lot of people ask me to put weapons in and they are disappointed when I tell them that I don't have the software to do it. Believe it or not I get a lot of requests for the desert eagle .50cal handgun and the AK47. So I just wanted to throw in a couple of suggestions in case you get the "itch" again. :rolleyes:

Cheers,

Rahn