Brettzies Weapons Pack V2.*

Brettzies

I dont know I keep getting Phsyx errors

I have a bfg ageia physX ppu, if i use the nvidia physX 9.09.0203 systemsoftware i have noticed a somewhat slower performance in game, they work but i find the nvidia physX 8.04.25 better because i believe they are optimised drivers for the physx ppu, no cuda or gpu optimisations. graw and graw 2 are, i believe, optimised for the ageia ppu.

• Replies 311
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ok figured out my problem... guess next time I SHOULD READ THE README (or PDF actually) My problem is i installed both. I know bonehead move and am admitting it here lol. Anyways great mod having fun with it. One question tho. I know the supplied batch file is to start the mod by why not just add it to the end of a shortcut target line? I did that yesterday and works the sme way except no black window opens.

One question tho. I know the supplied batch file is to start the mod by why not just add it to the end of a shortcut target line? I did that yesterday and works the sme way except no black window opens.

It's to make it simple, for, uhm, boneheads :rofl:

One question tho. I know the supplied batch file is to start the mod by why not just add it to the end of a shortcut target line? I did that yesterday and works the sme way except no black window opens.

Everyone's shortcut is different. So it wouldn't work if I packaged it that way unless you had the exact same install path as me. Maybe someone who knows how to write a proper installer could do it, but not me. The black window also helps make it feel all Enter the Matrix like, as if you're hacking the game to make it cooler.

If I provided this shortcut:

"C:\Program Files\UBISOFT\Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter 2\graw2.exe" -o context_bp_weapons_pack_v2.05.ots.xml
The game might run for 90% of the people, but wouldn't run for me since I don't install there and I wouldn't know if it's working correctly. Nor can you guarantee everyone installs there anyway. If I provided this:
"F:\Games\GRAW2\Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter 2\graw2.exe" -o context_bp_weapons_pack_v2.05.ots.xml

Which is how I have the game installed, it probably wouldn't work for 100% of the people. Then, in addition to all the other problems people have trying to get a bundled version to work or unbundled even, there would be the, "When I click on the shortcut it says can't find path...." or whatever the error for a missing shortcut target is kind of problems.

Telling people to add: -o context_bp_weapons_pack_v2.05.ots.xml to their shortcut in the readme is just as problematic.

Rocky is right. The idea is to make it as simple as possible to run. Copying and pasting, renaming directories, moving files, or creating and editing shortcuts defeats the entire purpose. I know its a very simple thing to add to a shortcut, but I'd still rather have people not do anything and it just works. If you want to add it later, customize your own dirs or launch process, no problem, but I just want the thing to run with the least amount of headache. I still get a few emails every week with people's error logs tellnig me the mod doesn't work. I give them as many tips and solutions as I can remember and usually they get it working, but I don't want to be telling them how to modify a shortcut that doesn't link properly. That's just a problem that doesn't need to exist in the first place.

Edited by Brettzies

The idea is to make it as simple as possible to run.

If you guys saw my GR support e-mail box everyday you'd have a better understanding of why Brettzies approach is vital in making a custom mod a success. Posting in this forum are hardcore gamers and modders capable of achieving amazing things so we tend to get acclimatised so to speak with the level of knowledge that is available here.

The end user who finds this site via google and lands directly on the downloads pages though is a different breed altogether. They want (need) point and click installs or a simple folder placement, or else the mod just doesn't get installed to it's potential numbers. You'd be surprised, really.

Building great mods is one thing, but the installation (and instructions) can sometimes let a great mod down.

Not sure what i have done but i thought i would try Brettzies first person version and i keep crashing. Is it vista?, i'm using the 64-bit home premium version. Have tried the bundled and unbundled and removed english folder, it's also a clean graw2 installation and patched up.

Wed Apr 22 17:46:48 2009

Crash in application version: 30899.3048

data\lib\managers\groupmanager.dsf(-1): No soldier template named "STONE"

SCRIPT STACK:

data\lib\managers\groupmanager.dsf(0)

data\lib\managers\groupmanager.dsf(0)

data\lib\script_network\gametype\gametypecampaign.dsf(0)

data\lib\script_network\networkmanager.dsf(0)

data\lib\setups\setup.dsf(0)

data\level\level.dsf(0)

Renderer: threaded

Physics : threaded

If you are on Vista, you can try doing this:

>>> To clean out XMB files in Vista, go to your user folder, into

>>> AppData/Local/GRAW2 and kill all XMB files except those in the

>>> "settings" folder. Then it will recompile with whatever mod you are

>>> using.

>>>

>>> It usually works.

>>>

>>> Remember that to stop using the mod you may need to to the same

>>> thing again.

Enjoying your mod a lot (especially with the addition of the shoulder cam). However the game's been crashing on the 5th and 8th missions during the intro cuts (while you're deploying to the map). I'm can't say for sure it's tied to the use of the mod, though if I run vanilla GRAW2 there is no crash issues. Only using Brettzies Weapon Pack v2.05.ots with a legit fully patched (1.05) copy of GRAW2 so I'm kinda thinking it's the mod. My initial thought was that it may be my Nvidia drivers, however as I said vanilla GRAW2 works fine.

I'm running XP btw, almost forgot, so it's not a Vista issue.

In any event I enjoyed the mod while my computer let me, great content and execution. I appreciate the time spent developing it very much.

Edited by joepar

A couple notes on the OTS version. I had a reoccuring problem twice playing the mod. Once when trying to plant C4 on a target it wouldn't let me (stockmissions) and also when prone I couldnt get the rifle to zoom in.

Now for the non OTS I get this error when trying to run it:

Brettzies Error

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Edited by twcrash

Enjoying your mod a lot (especially with the addition of the shoulder cam). However the game's been crashing on the 5th and 8th missions during the intro cuts (while you're deploying to the map). I'm can't say for sure it's tied to the use of the mod, though if I run vanilla GRAW2 there is no crash issues. Only using Brettzies Weapon Pack v2.05.ots with a legit fully patched (1.05) copy of GRAW2 so I'm kinda thinking it's the mod. My initial thought was that it may be my Nvidia drivers, however as I said vanilla GRAW2 works fine.

I'm running XP btw, almost forgot, so it's not a Vista issue.

In any event I enjoyed the mod while my computer let me, great content and execution. I appreciate the time spent developing it very much.

Glad you enjoyed it while it worked for you. There are some issues with the ots version due to the nature of pulling the camera back, such as planting C4, clipping, or seeing through walls, getting stuck near dropped weapons, etc.

Hmm. Seems fine though for me. I just tried these two missions with the un-bundled version:

5. The Price of Peace

8. Attack on Multiple Axis

No problems inserting and playing for a while. I used the default team. I didn't test very long though, so it could have crashed if I tried it again. Do you have any language folders? Tried getting rid of those. Sometimes I had strange issues when I had an "english" folder inside of local.

A couple notes on the OTS version. I had a reoccuring problem twice playing the mod. Once when trying to plant C4 on a target it wouldn't let me (stockmissions) and also when prone I couldnt get the rifle to zoom in.

Now for the non OTS I get this error when trying to run it:

Brettzies Error

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

That error means there's a problem with either the coop_templates.xml or the levels/common/coop_ranks.xml

It works fine here. Rifleman 22 is L85A2 w/silencer. If you're trying to add or customize kits you may have made a mistake, or could be some weird phantom vista xmb(compiled xml) error overwriting the one that should be read when the game runs.

Edited by Brettzies

Glad you enjoyed it while it worked for you. There are some issues with the ots version due to the nature of pulling the camera back, such as planting C4, clipping, or seeing through walls, getting stuck near dropped weapons, etc.

Hmm. Seems fine though for me. I just tried these two missions with the un-bundled version:

5. The Price of Peace

8. Attack on Multiple Axis

No problems inserting and playing for a while. I used the default team. I didn't test very long though, so it could have crashed if I tried it again. Do you have any language folders? Tried getting rid of those. Sometimes I had strange issues when I had an "english" folder inside of local.

Just got back to my chair, I'll give that a whirl and see how it goes. Might be my D2D version, I know other games have had problems specific to D2D copies.

Ok i am running WinXP so vista is out and I have only 2 mods installed and both of them are yours the OTS and non OTS versions. So I am not sure what you mean by a modified file. Can you upload the 2 xml files you are talking about? I will replace them out and see if that makes a difference.

ALSO a quick note the "cannot play because of altered files " error came up here as well and once I removed a couple missions everyone else had the error disappeared. I don't know it this was tried or not but it worked here (please excuse me for probably overstating the obvious lol)

Edited by twcrash

Just to follow up, I re-installed using a box copy of the game and the non bundled release of 2.05 (also used the grip patch). Works perfectly now, pretty sure it had something to do with my D2D release. Wanted to thank you once again for your hard work as it's breathed new life in to GRAW2 for me.

And the goggles of ramirez is not the same of the other version, ramirez use a black sunglas and nw a transparent visor...this and the change color of the goggles occur only in the acu camo patch.

To Brett: any change to fix color in the bp_goggles? it change to red, blue or black sometimes. Thanks for answer...

I noticed it does that on some maps. Not sure what the deal is. Had to change Ramirez's goggles because he no longer uses the merc head. You can put the merc head on if you want and use the sunglasses, but then you'll get the neck clipping thing depending on which uniforms you use.

Hi Brettzie, how can i bring back mitchel original helmet in your mod for graw 2 3rd person

In the ghost_head_mitchell_common.xml, set all the hidden="true" to false. You also have to edit the ghost_templates.xml. The information is in this thread I believe.

<lod_object name="new_helmet">

<object name="gfx_new_helmet_loda" hidden="true" inherit_bounding_volume="cull_box" max_distance="1000" max_draw_lod="0"/>

<object name="gfx_new_helmet_lodb" hidden="true" inherit_bounding_volume="cull_box" max_distance="1500" lod="1"/>

<object name="gfx_new_helmet_lodc" hidden="true" inherit_bounding_volume="cull_box" max_distance="2000" lod="2"/>

<object name="gfx_new_helmet_lodd" hidden="true" inherit_bounding_volume="cull_box" max_distance="15000" lod="3"/>

</lod_object>

<lod_object name="monocle">

<object name="gfx_crosscom_glass" hidden="true" max_distance="2000" />

</lod_object> 

</graphic_group>

• 2 weeks later...