Brettzies Weapons Pack V2.*

Brettzies

All of your mods are awesome, Brett. I just got into GRAW/GRAW2 and was pleased to find your mods right off the bat. They take the game to a whole new level of excellence. As an avid GR fan I bought GRAW when it first came out with great anticipation. I was so dissapointed with the limited weapons, ugly camo, etc. that I never even finished the first mission. A couple of weeks ago I had an urge to GR some more so I visited here and found Brettzies 4.0 so reloaded GRAW w/Brettzies and loved it. So much so that I picked up a copy of GRAW2 ($10 in the "classics" software section of a local store) and loaded it with Brettzies 2.05. And now 3rd person too !!! The third person is a great addition. Is there any way to retain the sniper reticle when zooming in?

I wish the whole gaming industry would get the hint and provide the tools for modding their games. It definately extends the life of the games and sells more copies...

• Replies 311
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey, glad you like it. I also felt the game was lacking in a few ways but had a really good foundation from GRIN. There are a few things they could have done to make bringing in this stuff easier or more customizable but I'm guessing that wasn't in their design doc or mandate. The ability to customize goes a long way to giving a game legs. Would have been nice to bring in custom anims too, but oh well. All that was really needed was a reference pose and some info on which joints to export.

As for the custom rets for scopes, etc, I tried a little bit to get them to show up, but I'm not sure it can be done. I know they are tied to the actual geometry(the 3d model), so you are actually looking through the scope. In 3rd person the camera is offset and I don't think there's a way to either send it back, or send the scope ret/image to the crosshair position. There might be a way to trick it, but I haven't found one. A few things regarding the hud seem to be hard coded into the game.

im using a fresh install of GRAW 2, patched to 1.05 and trying to run 2.05b. I kept getting the Stone related crash whenever i tried ot load a mission, i deleted all the .xml files as you suggested and it still crashes.

Hmm. Are you on Vista? Try deleting or renaming the "English" folder, if you have one inside local. I noticed if it's in there, it can cause issues for some reason - I have no idea why. If that doesn't work, try using the non-bundled version, usually works for people who can't seem to get the bundle(b) version going.

mod_db_image_16_500.jpg

I de-modded the mod back to acu uniforms in the form of a patch(more of a pain then you would think).

I appreciate your hard work Brettzies,thanks for the time & effort put into your mod, the acu is cool, but i seem to have a gfx/texture glitch/bug on the collar/neckline as seen in the screenshot below,it only happens on that one team member and also your playable character (mitchell) as you reload weapons,not a total game breaker really as i just switch back to your camo.Sorry if i come over as nitpicking.Did you say you had problems getting mitchells head to show?.

graw2camotexturebugglit.jpg

That's not a bug. It's because Beasley is using the merc head and it doesn't match the ghost uniform model. It happens with the other camo too, it's just not as noticeable because the colors are more similar. The same thing happened with Ramirez and Hume before I exported some new heads for them. I could never get Mitchell's head to show up either so I just exported one for him too, so that is not the bound head. It just moves like a static object as opposed to bending with the skeleton. He has minor clipping issues. Hume and Ramirez have the same issues if you use them in coop/mp. That's one reason I switched Hume out of coop/mp and put Ramirez in, not as much noticable clipping.

You can switch it out if you want. Just go into ghost_templates.xml. Switching it out with the one I used for Hume should do the trick, they are gears not heads. And the glasses probably won't line up correctly. You can put their original heads and helmets back using that file as well. The teammates "head" unit and helmet are one file I believe, or I just would have used them in the first place.

Also, you can you use the camo swatch "method" to switch out the camo pattern with this patch since I went back to the tinted atlas file. However, as I mentioned before you won't be able to control the vest and parts of the model seperate from the entire character this way.

Edited by Brettzies

bp_OTS_05_grips.jpg

It occured to me that since this is a also a 3rd person mod now, the scopes and sight aligns are no longer important and I can use anim sets more appropriate to the weapons. I edited the non-tacgrip versions so the soldiers will grip the weapon by the barrel instead of the magwell. I can probably do this for 1st person as well when you are not zoomed in, and your ai teammates will look better too, but for now I've just done it for 3rd person. See the first post for the download link.

I'll try to update the main mod file over the weekend and eliminate the need for the grip patch.

Edited by Brettzies

I think I know what's wrong in that case. The ghost_head_mitchel.xml(not the exact name) file in the objects/beings/ghost_team needs to be edited to turn his helmet back on. You'll have to use the unbundled version to edit that file. Set hidden=false for the 4 lods.

Also, I've noticed weird things like that when I have an english folder inside of local occasionally.

***Wait a second. How did you get his head to come on in the first place? I could never get it to show up! Had to export a static head. Getting the real head to show up should fix the neck clipping on at least mitchell.

Edited by Brettzies

***Wait a second. How did you get his head to come on in the first place?

Trial & error mate, i'm using the v2.05.ots.wpnPack unbundled version. In the Local folder i have your mod seperate and Inzane's 3rdp_beta in English folder, and by just messing around with a touch of know how (lol) & i ended up with something different than what i expected. I tried to follow your suggestions and got lost, so i just copied & pasted the ghost templates ( in lib ) from Inzane's 3rdp_beta to your bp_weapons_pack_v2.05.ots into your lib/ghost templates. Sometimes the mitchell / players head does not show up for a few seconds when starting a mission.

graw22009040323282365.jpg

graw22009040323531504.jpg

graw22009040323363664.jpg

graw22009040400041920.jpg

Forgot to add, this was the copy & paste job

<!-- XDEFINE KITS FOR ALL CAMPAIGN CHARACTERS -->

<xdefine name="mitchell()">

<!--Customization units-->

<unit name="teammate_mitchell"/>

<gear_unit name="acu_ghost_head_mitchell"/>

<gear_unit name="acu_ghost_back_strap_mitchell"/>

<gear_unit name="acu_ghost_holster_01"/>

<gear_unit name="acu_ghost_hips_gear_01"/>

<gear_unit name="acu_ghost_torso_gear_01"/>

<texture_switch material="camo" texture="self_illumination_texture" file="data/textures/atlas_characters/mul_camo_xy/camo_02/camo_ACU_test_xy_df"/>

<color_switch material="camo" color="base_color" value="0.545098 0.509804 0.466667"/>

<stats block="human_data">

@xp_values(10, 10, 8, 10, 8, 8, 13, 13)

<var name="soldier_type" value="0"/> <!--0. All 1.Rifleman, 2.Demo, 3.Sniper, 4.Support -->

<var name="cue_spotted" value="spot_mitchell"/>

<var name="has_explosive" value="1"/>

<var name="bomb_planting_time" value="3"/>

</stats>

<stats block="base_data">

<var name="localize_id" value="ghost_01"/>

<var name="public_name" value="MITCHELL"/>

</stats>

<bio local="bio_mitchell"/>

</xdefine>

<xdefine name="ramirez()">

<!--Customization units-->

<unit name="teammate_ramirez"/>

<gear_unit name="acu_ghost_head_ramirez"/>

<gear_unit name="acu_ghost_back_strap_ramirez"/>

<gear_unit name="acu_ghost_holster_02"/>

<gear_unit name="acu_ghost_hips_gear_02"/>

<gear_unit name="acu_ghost_torso_gear_02"/>

<texture_switch material="camo" texture="self_illumination_texture" file="data/textures/atlas_characters/mul_camo_xy/camo_02/camo_ACU_test_xy_df"/>

<color_switch material="camo" color="base_color" value="0.545098 0.509804 0.466667"/>

<stats block="human_data">

@xp_values(10, 10, 8, 10, 8, 8, 13, 13)

<var name="soldier_type" value="1"/> <!--0. All 1.Rifleman, 2.Demo, 3.Sniper, 4.Support -->

<var name="cue_spotted" value="spot_easyenemy"/>

<var name="has_explosive" value="1"/>

<var name="bomb_planting_time" value="3"/>

</stats>

<stats block="base_data">

<var name="localize_id" value="ghost_02"/>

<var name="public_name" value="RAMIREZ"/>

</stats>

<bio local="bio_ramirez"/>

graw22009040323535125.jpg

<gear_unit name="acu_ghost_head_mitchell"/>

Oh I see....drrr. It's the same trick I'm using, I just didn't think to do it on the mitchell head for some reason. So it still has the same clipping issues then. Alright. Thanks, I thought you got the bound one to appear, the one that deforms with the character anims.

bp_OTS_07_beasley.jpg

For a good Beasley no clipping head:

<gear_unit name="bp_hume"/>

<gear_unit name="bp_goggles2"/> <!--bp_goggles if you want transparent-->

<gear_unit name="bp_mich2001_ghost"/>

<gear_unit name="bp_nvg_ghost_up"/>

I see what you mean about the Mitchell head not appearing right away. I recommend don't use it and just put:

<gear_unit name="bp_mitchell"/>

<gear_unit name="bp_goggles"/>

<gear_unit name="bp_mich2001_ghost"/>

<gear_unit name="bp_nvg_ghost_up"/>

If you want his original helmet back the you will have to use that one that disappears, plus you could use mine as well, so turn them both on. Mine will not disappear, but the helmet might. In this file:

bp_weapons_pack_v2.05.ots\objects\beings\ghost_team\ghost_head_mitchell_common.xml

hide the head by adding hidden="true" to the head lods and hidden="false" to the helmet lods to show it. For example:

<object name="gfx_head_loda" hidden="true" inherit_boundi.....

<object name="gfx_head_lodb" hidden="true" inherit_boundi.....

<object name="gfx_head_lodc" hidden="true" inherit_boundi.....

<object name="gfx_head_lodd" hidden="true" inherit_boundi.....

<object name="gfx_new_helmet_loda" hidden="false" inherit_boundi.....

<object name="gfx_new_helmet_lodb" hidden="false" inherit_boundi.....

<object name="gfx_new_helmet_lodc" hidden="false" inherit_boundi.....

<object name="gfx_new_helmet_lodd" hidden="false" inherit_boundi.....

I still had clipping issues with what you suggested Brettzies, <gear_unit name="bp_hume"/> , not sure why though?. Anyway, in the end i gave beasley mitchells data. Also... not quite sure what i did wrong in the last screenshot?, a bit of a mixed bag haha!

graw22009040419150831.jpg

graw22009040419150943.jpg

graw22009040411565097.jpg

Did you turn off the merc head when you switched Beasely? Either delete that or put <!-- --> around it.

The last screen shot, for v1.4 of the mod I changed the camo pattern to multi-cam for the gear. You probably copied and pasted that into the acu patch version from v2.05 somewhere.

Hi Brett,

I'm sticking to v2.05 just the way it was when I downloaded it, no OTS or old camo outfits. I'm doing some LAN/Coop games and I don't see the Mk18 available in any of my kits. Is that because I have not accumulated enough points?

Eric

Hi Brett,

Thanks for the clarification. It must be Recon vs Assault then that I'm in, where you select your character type (assault, sniper, etc etc).

Appreciate the response. Great mod. Now if only this mod could be used concurrently with other mods, I'd have a more interesting time playing the solo campaign.

Eric

hey man

just some weird problems with this mod

well i tried to install it normaly. like mentioned on the readme. crash

tried to install it manually. crash

tried those 2 new things. still crash.

and it gets those errors of. mK23 not found or cannot spawn or error in altas.dds, please help?

thanks mate

Hmm. Try removing the local/english folder if you have one, rename or delete. If that doesn't work, the latest download should have both bundled(b) and non-bundled version. Try the non-bundled version if you don't plan to play online.

I've made no edits and I re-installed it to make sure and for some reason I can see Mitchell's head. There is a empty space where a head normally resides, but I do see the helmet and everything else. Any other ideas? I will provide a pic tomorrow.