Brettzies Weapons Pack V2.*

Brettzies

Hi Brett,

Love the looks on the v2.0b mod. One thing: On the Mk18, the 3 round burst firing mode shows up but can't be used, I'm assuming because in real life, it'll only go SA or Full Auto. And, is it just me, but I'm having problems with the sound files. When I fire my weapon, I don't hear a thing, but I can hear the firing sounds from my teammates. Anybody have any suggestions? Thanks

Eric

• Replies 311
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Brett,

Love the looks on the v2.0b mod. One thing: On the Mk18, the 3 round burst firing mode shows up but can't be used, I'm assuming because in real life, it'll only go SA or Full Auto. And, is it just me, but I'm having problems with the sound files. When I fire my weapon, I don't hear a thing, but I can hear the firing sounds from my teammates. Anybody have any suggestions? Thanks

Eric

Get 2.05b from the first post in this thread.

Be sure you put the contents of the local folder in the download into the local folder of your game install.

Hey there,

Sorry, let me correct my prior statement. I did a manual install of the v2.05b mod via the unbundling of the .bundle file and manually installed all folders into the Local folder. The sounds aren't coming through for me. I'll trying running a manual unbundle execution again and replace the sounds folder from the prior install and see if that helps. But if anybody can think of anything else, please feel free to let me know!

Eric

PS: hope you're all having a great President's Day off today.

Hi Brett,

In order to get weapons to default to single fire, I had to set them to "5" in the fire mode. This is actually suppose to be single+burst, but it also has auto. I thought about making burst behave like full auto, then you have two full auto modes, but it just seemed like if a weapon didn't have a burst mode, then disable it(even though it shows up). The USMC version of the M4 actually has semi+burst with no full auto, but most M4s seem to be semi+full auto, so that's how they are in this game. It was just a decision I had to make on which would be least confusing, but either way I think people would have issues. In the end I thought if a weapon only had two modes, then I would only enable two of them. Unfortunately, I couldn't turn off full auto for the M16A4, though mode 5 was suppose to do this.

As for the sound, try some of the suggestions earlier in this thread. Make sure you actually have the sound in the local/bp... folder. Try the EAX disable or medium settngs. Other then that, I don't know.

This is a brilliant mod Brettzie, I have to say it's the best mod I reckon, and doesn't change anything major about the actual gameplay, top stuff. :thumbsup:

Btw I got that sound issue too where firing your custom weapons is alot more louder than the original weapons, I found out the solution is in the xml documents (the one with "sound" in the title) in local/bp_weapons_pack_v2.05/sound/weapons then any of the weapon folders. In the xml files you have to change the gain value to something like "gain=-10" so it has the same volume as the original guns ingame. I had a look at the original game's weapon xml files and each weapon seems to have different gain values to each other.

Hi Brett,

In order to get weapons to default to single fire, I had to set them to "5" in the fire mode. This is actually suppose to be single+burst, but it also has auto. I thought about making burst behave like full auto, then you have two full auto modes, but it just seemed like if a weapon didn't have a burst mode, then disable it(even though it shows up). The USMC version of the M4 actually has semi+burst with no full auto, but most M4s seem to be semi+full auto, so that's how they are in this game. It was just a decision I had to make on which would be least confusing, but either way I think people would have issues. In the end I thought if a weapon only had two modes, then I would only enable two of them. Unfortunately, I couldn't turn off full auto for the M16A4, though mode 5 was suppose to do this.

As for the sound, try some of the suggestions earlier in this thread. Make sure you actually have the sound in the local/bp... folder. Try the EAX disable or medium settngs. Other then that, I don't know.

Hi Brett,

Thanks for the explanation. It turns out that in my stupidity in unbundling the bundle file, I did not copy the Sounds folder from the Local folder inside of the v2.05b folder over to the new v2.05b folder inside of my Local folder. All works fine now!! This is freaking awesome.

Eric

I just reinstalled GRAW 2 and patched it up to 1.05 and installed your mod. The game loads fine up until I go to start any mission. It crashes and I get the following error.

Crash in application version: 30899.3048

data\lib\managers\groupmanager.dsf(-1): No soldier template named "STONE"

SCRIPT STACK:

data\lib\managers\groupmanager.dsf(0)

data\lib\managers\groupmanager.dsf(0)

data\lib\script_network\gametype\gametypecampaign.dsf(0)

data\lib\script_network\networkmanager.dsf(0)

data\lib\setups\setup.dsf(0)

data\level\level.dsf(0)

Renderer: threaded

Physics : threaded

I installed v2, v2.1, and the v2.1 patch. Any ideas? Really anxious to try this out, it looks great.

How much memory do you have? Are you on Vista? v2 unbundled would probably give you the least headaches for single player: v2.0 unbundled Well, v2.01, but I don't have that unbundled. You could unbundle it yourself, it's not really difficult.

Sorry, Im a noob when it comes to adding the mod. I installed the mod, and it kept giving me the same error that is listed above. The mod is v2.05b.. Im using Vista w/ 4GB's ram. The intro vid works fine but when I get to weapons selections, the weapons are the original weapons, but the attachments were different. I would see three attachements labeled as silencer or supressor. I would click one and the game would crash. Should I also try the version 2.0?

I dont' have Vista myself, but I understand it can cause problems with .xmb files which are the .xmls compressed. Something the os does with the game, which is causing it to override the mod. It's strange and I don't fully know. Unbundling seemed to fix the problem for most people. The mod is actually v2.05, I just but the b on the end of the zip file so I would know it's bundled - in case I put out an unbundled version. Most people seem to have no issues or can unbundle it themselves. I only suggested 2.0 because it's already unbundled.

To clean out XMB files in Vista, go to your user folder, into AppData/Local/GRAW2 and kill all XMB files except those in the "settings" folder. Then it will recompile with whatever mod you are using.

It usually works.

Remember that to stop using the mod you may need to to the same thing again.

Ive been having difficulty with this too, when I enter the code into the command prompt, it wont accept it; I get 2 messages, one telling me that it is copyrighted to GRIN and the other is a longer error message starting" E:\....."

can anyone help?

sorry, my above message is rearding difficulty in installing the v2.05 mod on xp

I am uploading a non-bundled(local) version right now. Might help with people who have difficulty with either the mod version or trying to unbundle it themselves. Installs the same way. It'll be up in 15 minutes or so. I'm not sure you can play online with the un-bundled version though. However, you could have both installed actually, might work.

Iam useing brettzies 2.o5b after the map loads I get the wating for server mesage then my game crashes this is the error I get]

Crash in application version: 29980.2562

Animation load error \data\anims\ghost\upper_body\m1014\upright\m1014_firemode_increase.diesel

Renderer: threaded

can enyone help me

[Merged with the Mod thread]

Edited by Pave Low

Hi brettzies. I have tried your weapon pack 4.0 for GRAW 1 and it was great. But i downloaded this new version and when I play it if i start a level in the campaign i receive this message:

Mon Feb 23 14:58:46 2009

Crash in application version: 30899.3048

data\lib\managers\eventmanager.dsf(-1): cant find member: _unit_name in type <void>

SCRIPT STACK:

data\lib\managers\eventmanager.dsf(0)

data\lib\managers\eventmanager.dsf(0)

data\lib\managers\campaignmanager.dsf(0)

data\lib\managers\campaignmanager.dsf(0)

data\lib\script_network\gametype\gametype.dsf(0)

data\lib\setups\setup.dsf(0)

data\level\level.dsf(0)

Renderer: normal

What should i do? I have Win XP with 1.5 gb of ram and a nvidia 6200.