Brettzies Weapons Pack V2.*

Brettzies

Hi, many thanx for this great mod, I was a great fan of your GRAW 1 mod.

I've got a sound problem, all the new weapons sounds are very low (almost silent ) you can hear when a bullet strikes an object but not the weapon report. Sounds were working fine in version 2.0 but when I moved to 2.04 bundled the problem occurs, original weapons seem to be fine.

I've checked this out on 4-5 PCs (all with on-board sound) and its consistent across the board (with generic software and hardware renderer)

Cheers

• Replies 311
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i think its weird that alot of ppl havin sound problem cuz im havin the opposite effect mine are really loud like louder than the normal sounds even when other ppl shoot its like they are firin next to my ear :/ i dont have any special sound settin i have the music off and the others all to max (i listen to music when i play) maybe i should post a video of my sounds and others should do the same any thoughts?

GRIN_Wolfsong ran into a similar problem with a Zeus/Predator loadout with an earlier version of his mod (pg11)...don't know if he was ever able to resolve it.

Little more on the subject on Page 17 (Not sure if relavant though?)

Tinker

Having an issue with the Zeus. Once fired I do not drop it, but am stuck in some sort of reload animation. Can switch to gun, but empty zeus is still in list and puts you back into reload glitche if you choose it.

Wolfsong

That would be for the primary weapon test Zeus right "hotkey 1"?

Haven't had it happen since I moved it back to backpack.

I had some sound issues when I first played 2.03.

Sound varied from none to ok. Intermittent I'd say.

I lowered my settings from high to medium and turned off EAX.

Mod works fine now.

Reasons probably vary but in my case I chock it up to having an oldish computer.

Thanks for the updates Brettzies. Fantastic mod. :thumbsup:

Hi, many thanx for this great mod, I was a great fan of your GRAW 1 mod.

I've got a sound problem, all the new weapons sounds are very low (almost silent ) you can hear when a bullet strikes an object but not the weapon report. Sounds were working fine in version 2.0 but when I moved to 2.04 bundled the problem occurs, original weapons seem to be fine.

I've checked this out on 4-5 PCs (all with on-board sound) and its consistent across the board (with generic software and hardware renderer)

Cheers

"sounds" like you have this problem:

Just a note that the weapon sounds are so quiet (both silenced and non silenced weapons) as to make me think they don't exist at all.

.... Figured out the sound issue. I didn't put the files(sound and movies) in the Local folder, was just using the .bundle file on my client machine.

check and make sure there is a folder in local called bp_weapons_pack_v2.04 and that inside that folder should be sound and movies.

Though, sound is kind of a wierd issue. To me, all the original gun sound are a little on the quiet side, so mine are a bit louder. I also didn't do echos and all the foley stuff. Just using what is built in.

GRIN_Wolfsong ran into a similar problem with a Zeus/Predator loadout with an earlier version of his mod (pg11)...don't know if he was ever able to resolve it.

Little more on the subject on Page 17 (Not sure if relavant though?)

Tinker

Having an issue with the Zeus. Once fired I do not drop it, but am stuck in some sort of reload animation. Can switch to gun, but empty zeus is still in list and puts you back into reload glitche if you choose it.

Wolfsong

That would be for the primary weapon test Zeus right "hotkey 1"?

Haven't had it happen since I moved it back to backpack.

Yeah, I put it back to how it was and you don't have the issue. However, you don't get the icon in the kit screen which is kind of aggrivating. I can put a note in the class description which kits have Zeus....pretty much if they have no secondary or GL, then they most likely have a Zeus. Or, people could just manually switch back to primary? Modding this game is glitchy like that anyway. I personally prefer to have the icon over the clean throw away since I haven't been able to crash it yet.

Edited by Brettzies

I had some sound issues when I first played 2.03.

Sound varied from none to ok. Intermittent I'd say.

I lowered my settings from high to medium and turned off EAX.

Mod works fine now.

Reasons probably vary but in my case I chock it up to having an oldish computer.

Thanks for the updates Brettzies. Fantastic mod. :thumbsup:

Many thanx... that was the problem, much obliged.

I am using this weapons pack on coop maps and it's really so amazing !

Anyone can tell me how i can translate this weapons pack on french language ?

Not sure how much work is involved. It would require editing a lot of the briefing xmls and things like strings I think to get it all working. However, for sound you might just be able to copy the sound dir from your local/french dir and put it into the local bp_weapons_pack_v2.0x dir.

Also, just released a new version:

Full Mod: bp Weapon Pack v2.05b - File Front Link

This is just kit adjustments. Tried to make it a little more consistent, especially for weapons without optics icons. The class description has a key to which optics on the weapons. Demo soldier has lots of options now and can plant C4 slightly faster. Coop and MP kits are pretty much the same, except coop has more GL rounds and grenades. No Zeus or RPG for Mp, just coop.

did notice a crash when i had the m32 and i went to a mule to change weapons got this crash

Crash in application version: 30899.3048

data\lib\script_network\gametype\gametypecustom.dsf(-1): cant find member: setup_grenade_ammo in type <MultiGrenadeWeapon>

SCRIPT STACK:

data\lib\units\types\vehicles\ammosupply.dsf(0)

data\lib\units\extensions\actionmessage.dsf(0)

data\lib\units\types\beings\mods_human\playeronfoot.dsf(0)

Renderer: threaded

Physics : threaded

but that was for 2.04 lol

Used your 20.5b tonight together with Boogies newest mod and having my PC running as online server.

All the way perfect from start to finish.

Tried to make a dedicated server on another machine , that also started, but when I wanted to join with my main Pc it stated I had different versions ?

Strange cause it's a copy from what is running on the other machine.

But...online server works :) now just figure how to make a dedi server.

Sometimes I read about unbundled could that be the cause from the dedi server? now just straight from your Rar file in the folders where they should be?

This is what I had to do to get it running:

Upload the .bundle to the mods folder.

Do not upload the Local contents.

context-standalone.xml:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="ISO-8859-1"?>

<context>

<script base="data" exec="level/dedicated" editor="false" language="english"/>	

<mod_bundle name="bp_weapons_pack_v2.05"/>

restart the server.

We've been running it a lot on EBDA with tdm, hh, siege, and rvsa. Except for the audio bugs with the grenade launcher, etc., it's been a lot of fun!

Edited by DrStrangeLove_EBDA

wow... that is just... Awesome

doesn't seem to be quite 100% compatible with the Steam version though.

If I launch with the .bat file, I get the (awesome) sounds for the SCAR-L and SCAR-H, as well as new pictures for the Ghosts in the load-out menu

but none of the new weapons are available, and the old Ghost skins are still there (with some odd lighting anomoly. the guns and some details on their uniforms appear a bit brighter than the rest of their uniforms

It's getting late now, so I'm gonna try poking around a bit tomorrow, see if I can get it to work properly

wow... that is just... Awesome

doesn't seem to be quite 100% compatible with the Steam version though.

If I launch with the .bat file, I get the (awesome) sounds for the SCAR-L and SCAR-H, as well as new pictures for the Ghosts in the load-out menu

but none of the new weapons are available, and the old Ghost skins are still there (with some odd lighting anomoly. the guns and some details on their uniforms appear a bit brighter than the rest of their uniforms

It's getting late now, so I'm gonna try poking around a bit tomorrow, see if I can get it to work properly

Maybe try un-bundling it and try putting everything in the local/bp_weapons_pack_vX.X. A lot of people have problems with the mod bundle for some reason.

Maybe try un-bundling it and try putting everything in the local/bp_weapons_pack_vX.X. A lot of people have problems with the mod bundle for some reason.

Yep, had this issue with a few mates, (bundle worked ok for me though) and unbundling and putting it all in the same local folder solved it for them.

except coop has more GL rounds and grenades.

Brettzies, was playing one of Bogies coop missions in a LAN game and did not have extra grenades...

Dav

except coop has more GL rounds and grenades.

Brettzies, was playing one of Bogies coop missions in a LAN game and did not have extra grenades...

Dav

I can't exactly remember off the top of my head. Something like this:

Coop Loadouts:

Demo: GL rounds 4+1 in pipe

Assault: 3 frag, 1 smoke

Rifleman: 2 frag

Support: 2 smoke

Sniper: none

MP Loadouts:

Demo: GL rounds 1+1 in pipe

Assault: 1 frag, 1 smoke

Rifleman: 2 frag

Support: 2 smoke

Sniper: none

Hey Guys I am having problems with this mod, I have the steam version and the mod bundle does not work, how to I unbundle it for a manual install??

Copy the bundler.exe out of the support folder and into the mod folder. You have to goto a command prompt and navigate to the folder with the mod bundle. Type in the below code:

bundler extract -r bp_weapons_pack_v2.05.bundle data data

There are different ways to do it. You can leave off the second data I think, and it will just put all the folders in the root. Whatever it does, afterwards, copy all the folders out of data and into local/bp_weapons_pack_v2.05. I think you should end up with 12 folders(including the 2 that should already be there), with no data folder. Nothing goes in data. You can have it, but it should be empty.

You can also run that command from the Start menu, I just find it easier to do from the command shell.

Edited by Brettzies

Hi Brett,

I'm downloading it now and look forward to using it. Thanks a lot man! One question, and I hate to bring this up so please don't flame me: Is there a way to get an eotech site onto the GPMG's?

Thanks again.

Eric

PS: I play this game soley for using your mods.