Brettzies Weapons Pack V2.*

Brettzies

Good job I have updated the server.

I will try it out, we are just running our weekly scrim. as soon as its over I'll have a bash.

I'll check it on and off. I played through 3 maps as a client for quite some time. The only crash I had was not a weapon crash but a gear crash. So, I dont' know how to explain that one. Could be related since that stuff is in the same file, but not positive. If it is, probably a typo somewhere.

coop_timber

coop_invasion

coop_bogie_oasis_v2(?) had the gear crash

• Replies 311
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Seemed stable:

coop_timber

coop_invasion

coop_youppi

Had issues:

coop_bogie_occupation_v3 - addon crash...not good

coop_bogie_oasis_v2(?) - gear crash...not sure if random or not

EDIT: Crap. I just found the/a problem. Damn ageia_groups!!!!!!!!!!! Bogie likes to use those groups. I think they are pretty much the same though, except for the fact that I have to fix them all. Look for a v2.03 sometime today ;)

Edited by Brettzies

I took out the M416 last year for MP, because it's pretty much like an M4, which is the whole point of the mod. But...I never did it for ageia. I figured I'd leave it in this time for the bad guys. Cept, if you don't put the aimpoint on it, it will try to use the M416 ironsight. There was one merc using M416+silencer which means crash city. Easy to miss these things.

Ok, third times the charm(well, technically fourth):

Full Mod: bp Weapon Pack v2.03b - File Front Link

Edited by Brettzies

Great news I put in a couple of hours on various maps and had none of the problems encountered before, only one crash on Youppi after about 25 minutes, then I got this error

Crash in application version: 30899.3048

data\lib\units\extensions\inventory.dsf(-1): cant find member: pressed in type <void>

Renderer: threaded

Physics : threaded

But GRAW2 crashes mysteriously sometimes so I am not concerned about this.

I played Quarry

Oasis

Occupation sda

Crashsite

and Retrieve with no problems

I just have to check a couple of things then we'll take off the password.

Thanks for all your work

Zeno

Great news I put in a couple of hours on various maps and had none of the problems encountered before, only one crash on Youppi after about 25 minutes, then I got this error

data\lib\units\extensions\inventory.dsf(-1): cant find member: pressed in type <void>

But GRAW2 crashes mysteriously sometimes so I am not concerned about this.

I played Quarry

Oasis

Occupation sda

Crashsite

and Retrieve with no problems

I just have to check a couple of things then we'll take off the password.

Thanks for all your work

Zeno

Sounds good. Thanks for testing it out on a dedicated server. I had another two guys who really like the mod trying it out. They said on this new version they never crashed/scripted, and play quite a few different maps from the stock ones to bogie maps.

That one crash I got yesterday about the gear was strange too. If it's random, it could just be a crash and not anything reproducable like the addon crashes.

We'll dig those out thanks, but I really think Brettzie has cracked the problems we experienced earlier.

Haven't had a crash on it while playing on Sparta's server. Just a note that the weapon sounds are so quiet (both silenced and non silenced weapons) as to make me think they don't exist at all.

Read that the silenced kits had the sound reduced by 50%, could this be the problem and was applied to all non-standard kits?

We'll dig those out thanks, but I really think Brettzie has cracked the problems we experienced earlier.

Haven't had a crash on it while playing on Sparta's server. Just a note that the weapon sounds are so quiet (both silenced and non silenced weapons) as to make me think they don't exist at all.

Read that the silenced kits had the sound reduced by 50%, could this be the problem and was applied to all non-standard kits?

Not sure. I thought all the standard sounds are a bit soft on my system. I didn't reduce them. Sound is a strange bird with this game. Some people had success turning off EAX.

I spent so much time getting coop to work right, I missed some things I turned off in TDM when adding weapons. :wall: I totally disabled the rebels. Anyway, they are all fixed and I'm going to put up v2.04 soon.

However, I was adding a few demo kits and thought about putting in two Zeus kits. They don't actually show up in the icon, but they are there as 19 and 20. I'm thinking about re-doing some of the kits also, I pretty much stuck with how GRIN had set it up with a few exceptions. There was mention of 6 gL rounds. I believe it's 5 right now, 4+1 in the tube. Any thoughts on this type of thing?

EDIT: I got the icons to show in the kit selection. : ) You can take out ADATS with these things too. Reminds of some of the GR1 missions.

Fixed Rebel TDM kit selection

Full Mod: bp Weapon Pack v2.04b - FileFront Link

Edited by Brettzies

Well done getting the icons to show, I included the pred/zeus in my kits but never did get around to working out how to get it to show the icon.

One of the existing weapons I've added back in for my coop is the M32. No idea why it's not in the standard coop kit....we'll at least it wan't in mine...but I did muck with it quite a bit! Be great to have an M32...we had so much fun with this in GR.

Also, can I ask for more frag. grenades? My kit has 6, but be happy with anything more than 2.

Thanks again for the continued support and well done fixing those pesky errors.

Dav

There was mention of 6 gL rounds. I believe it's 5 right now, 4+1 in the tube. Any thoughts on this type of thing?

EDIT: I got the icons to show in the kit selection. : ) You can take out ADATS with these things too. Reminds of some of the GR1 missions.

Well done getting the icons to show, I included the pred/zeus in my kits but never did get around to working out how to get it to show the icon.

One of the existing weapons I've added back in for my coop is the M32. No idea why it's not in the standard coop kit....we'll at least it wan't in mine...but I did muck with it quite a bit! Be great to have an M32...we had so much fun with this in GR.

Also, can I ask for more frag. grenades? My kit has 6, but be happy with anything more than 2.

Thanks again for the continued support and well done fixing those pesky errors.

Dav

Thanks. I did put the M32 back in v2.0. M32 + Mk18 w/Aimpoint I believe.

The problem with this style of kit is there are so many possible combos it gets out of hand quickly. Mostly I just added and stuck with what GRIN had established for the classes with a few exceptions. However, I was going through it last night and started to adjust a few things. The Rifleman is kind easy to establish. I was putting 4x scopes(Acog, Susat) w/sidearm as the Rifleman kit, 6mags, no "big" secondary weapon. So, only rifles in that class have ACOGs except for the M14 w/aimpoint and the L85 w/Susat. I'm thinking maybe he can have a grenade or two also.

The other problem you run into is, do you try to balance the kits or just make lots of cool options? I always thought everyone should have a sidearm. Demo guy you figure will have GLs, RPG and Zeus options. Sniper will have sniper rifles, Support will have LMGs. The guy that kind of sticks out is Assault. The only thing that really differentiates him is grenades(which everyone should have 1 or 2) and cqb sights since I've added more scope options, I guess. Tac grips? Really not sure why an assaulter would want two similar sized rifles or even rifle and smg. Works for Support and Sniper though.

I'll probably go though and see what I can clean up in terms of kits, but everyone has their "favorite" or thoughts on how they should work. I think what will happen is some variety but one or two uber kits in each class.

I'll probably mess around with them a bit more

Ver 2.03 appears rock solid, really enjoying the mod Brettzies thanks

It was a big help to try it out on the Sparta server with a variety of maps. The problems were actually minor, just pesky. Even last night when I was on, someone from HK alerted me to the TDM problem. I saw they were playing it quite a bit and didn't even know there was a problem.

great kits love all the weapon loadouts is the 2.04 the final version or are u gonna change it up again

I think I might clean them up a bit and make them more intuative and consistent. For instance, the Rifleman is more a mid range shot, so Acogs and Susat, but right now there are three Scar hits with aimpoints. This is because the game only shipped with one kind of assault rifle scope. So, assault class pretty much had no optics, but I can see them with eotechs and aimpoints. Same kind of goes for demo class, I believe they were no optics. A lot of it makes sense for TDM, but for coop I think people should be able to have more tricked out kits. Usually if I do one, then I do an SD version. Or, if the primary is silenced then I make the sidearm or secondary unsilenced, and vice versa.

In other words, if you pick an assault kit, you know you aren't getting an acog, but you can select other sights. Demo and sniper are kind of obvious. Just trying to clean it up and make things less redundant. When I start doing all the combos, it starts to hurt my brain, so I might just leave it the way it is.

i have a problem with zeus after it has been used i cannot throw away it keeps tryin to select it i have to select other weapon myself then i can pickup a secondary then after a while ill get this crash

data\lib\script_network\gametype\gametypecustom.dsf(-1): cant find member: throw_away_predator in type <Inventory>

i have a problem with zeus after it has been used i cannot throw away it keeps tryin to select it i have to select other weapon myself then i can pickup a secondary then after a while ill get this crash

data\lib\script_network\gametype\gametypecustom.dsf(-1): cant find member: throw_away_predator in type <Inventory>

Hmm. Ok, thanks for the update. I'll take a look at it.

I couldn't get it to crash, but I see what you mean. It's also like it has unlimited reloads. Have to dig deeper. I was able to pick up an mp5sd. It was strange but eventually it started firing.

EDIT: The unlimited ammo was because I put it on God mode to test. Also, the trick I did to make the icon show up apparently makes it so you can't throw the Zeus away. I guess when I was testing it last night I just switched quickly back to my primary and didn't really notice the strange behavior. I don't know if I can find a solution other then not having the icons. I think people could live with switching back to their primary and just carrying around an empty Zeus. It's always a give and take with Graw.

I'm more concerned with the crash though. When exactly does it crash? Were you playing solo or on a server? I haven't been able to reproduce it yet. The two may or may not be related.

EDIT: Still can't get it to crash. I picked up the mp5sd no problem and it dumped the Zeus. I ran as far away as I could to see if maybe it's a distance thing, but still nothing.

Edited by Brettzies

GRIN_Wolfsong ran into a similar problem with a Zeus/Predator loadout with an earlier version of his mod (pg11)...don't know if he was ever able to resolve it.

Definetly the same thing. Seem to be more of a nuisance right now since I can't reproduce the crash. Have to wait a few days before I get back to this, but if anyone tries it in the meantime, let me know what happens. Thanks.