Brettzies Weapons Pack V2.*

Brettzies

mod_db_image_15.jpg

v2.07 Update

Fix for the Crye/MRC added from the short lived v2.06. This update is not really adding anything new to the mod. It is mostly just making it more compatible with maps and missions still being made for GRAW2. I always wanted to have the mod in as few files as possible and thanks to Radiator’s sound work, I was at least able to pair it down to two main bundle files with the intro movie still being in local. There are also two files for running the mod without having to modify your stock context.xml. Over the past year or so, I have made minor tweaks to this mod, but never published anything. The list below is probably incomplete, just off the top of my head.

Tweaks

·set all weapons with no burst mode to single shot when cycling through burst,

previously they just would not fire when cycling through burst mode.

·added combat sight as a selectable attachment to Mk46 SAW in campaign

·reduced the zoom distance for all eotechs

·changed grip for soldiers not using tac grips to grab the barrel (like grip patch for v2.05)

v2.05.ots Additions

This is basically the same mod as v2.05 except that it plays in 3rd person, over the shoulder mode. There are some limitations to this method, but it was kind of a fun alternative to first person so I thought I’d give it a shot. Getting a good camera that works with every angle is extremely difficult to mod in. I provided 3 camera angles which you can switch by copying the corresponding camera_settings.xml into the local/bp_weapons_pack_v2.05.ots/settings directory. The default is medium. See the readme for instructions on how to do this.

mod_db_image_14.jpg

v2.0 Additions

Almost a year has past since the last major update to this mod. I’ve been pretty busy the second part of 2008, but earlier this month, January 2009, for some reason I got the urge to make some adjustments to this mod. Perhaps it was the renewed interest in GRAW2 modding or just unfinished business. Whatever the case, I’ve been going at it pretty hardcore when I have free time. What I thought would be a quick update, as usual, turned into something larger.

This update actually began shortly after releasing the last version, but for various reason I got discouraged with what I wanted to bring into the game, mostly because of not being able to import custom weapon animation and the limit on attachment id#s in multi-player. One thing lead to another and the project was basically done and shelved. However, after bringing in a few things I did for GRAW1, I was able to free up 6 precious attachment id#s, which gave me enough inspiration to try and get what I wanted accomplished.

I wanted to bring in one of my favorite characters from Ghost Recon, Nigel Tunney. Being a British soldier, he needs a British weapon and that caused the huge problem. Bringing in an SA-80 type weapon seems doable by just using the mrc anim set, but then all the sights are out of whack. Using a scar anim set could work, but then grips and reloads look really bad. After a weekend of experimentation I cleaned up the model I had started and was able to combine anim sets of different weapons into one more usable set for SA-80 type guns. With that knowledge in hand I discovered many other tricks which helped with several other weapons too. This gave me enough confidence to go ahead and finish what I had started a very long time ago.

L85A2

·available as a primary

·semi auto, burst, and full auto fire modes

·custom tweaked sounds

·suppressor attachment

·susat scope attachment

·working ironsights

Mk18 CQBR

·available as primary or secondary

·custom tweaked sounds

·working ironsights

·two scope attachments, tac grip, and suppressor

SCAR H Marksman

·available as a primary weapon

·multiple scope attachments

New Look Ghosts

·went back to original ghost bodies

·new gear and unifrom for each Ghost

·ballcap with or without headset

·boonie hat

·mich2001 with or without nightvision, up or down

·used in multiplayer as well as single player

New Ghosts

·Nigel Tunney - Demolitions

·Jack Stone - Sniper

·custom look

·available in all single player mission

·portrait non-viewable

Multiplayer

·assigned all select fire weapons to default to single shot

·added kits to take advantage of new weapons

·added M32 w/Mk18 secondary assault coop kit

·added two M14 /aimpoint sniper kits

mod_db_image_16.jpg

*WeaponPack v2.05, v2.05b, or v2.05.ots required to use this patch*

Some people have asked for the original acu camo pattern uniforms, so I finally broke down and made a patch to revert them back. There are seperate zips depending on which version you want to use, 1st or 3rd.

bp_OTS_06_gripPatch.1.jpg

*WeaponPack v2.05, v2.05b, or v2.05.ots required to use this patch*

Since this is a 3rd person version of the mod, lining up the first peson sights and scopes is no longer a requirement. This lets me get away from the Scar anim set and have the soldiers grip the barrel of the weapons as opposed to the mag well. I made adjustments to the ScarL, H, M, M4, M16, Mk12, Mk18, and M468.

28 January 2009

I feel like I've been working OT on this update feverishly with the free time I have and can't take it anymore. Actually wanted to finish over the weekend, but it spilled into Monday. So, while I love working on it, it's time to release it into the wild before I go stir crazy editing xmls and reworking pixels and verticies. Inevitably there will be problems, hopefully they will be few. Since there are fewer people playing GRAW2, maybe that will mean fewer crashes! Anyway, I hope those of you still playing the game are able to enjoy it without too many hiccups. Installation is a bit different, see the readme.

29 March 2009

I spent some time this weekend tweaking the camera_settings xmls to get a workable 3rd person mod after looking at Inzane's screenshot. It's not perfect, but given the limitations of the available files it's not too bad either. I didn't want to spend too much time on it and it wasn't really planned, but some people might enjoy it. I tried to make it as playable as possible, even brought in some new heads so the clipping on the neck wouldn't look so bad. Should work in all modes. Enjoy.

I'm not positive, but I think it was mirr's mod which the 3rd person camera settings are based upon. I checked out some Graw1 mods to get the idea of how the camera worked. The best one I found to use as a starting point had no author, but now that I compare it to mirr's(which I just downloaded after back tracking the thread I found it in) the settings seem to be identical to his. So probably mirr deserves some credit for good camera settings.

1 April 2009

No it's not April fool's. I de-modded the mod back to acu uniforms in the form of a patch(more of a pain then you would think). A few people have been asking for this, so I figured why not? I didn't put the helmets back because I can't stand those, however, I did tweak the colors of the head gear I made so they don't stick out. You can also use the camo swatch method to change their camo now, however, their vest and various peices will change as well.

3 April 2009

Added the gripPatch for ots. This small patch changes the grip for my weapons without tacgrips and lets the soldiers grip the barrel as oppose to the magwell.

4 April 2009

Added the gripPatch for first person. This small patch changes the grip for my weapons without tacgrips and lets the soldiers grip the barrel as oppose to the magwell. There is some clipping, but not horrible. Mostly it's for the ai teammates.

25 April 2010

Added Blackhawk Down patch. This patch adds compatibility with the Blackhawk Down mod.

29 April 2010

Updated to v2.07. Minor compatibility tweaks and adjustments. Mod is now using two bundles w/xmb files compiled to hopefully allevieate installation issues. The local/english directory is also used to store the intro movie file and a custom .bat file with custom context.xml in the root dir to run the mod. See the readme for more details. As of this date, the BlackHawkDown patch is still required to work with that mission for MP, and should work with this version of the mod as well. ACU camo patch should also work with this. Only difference is both patches need their files to go in english now instead of local/bp_weapons_pack_v2.05

Downloads:

-----------------------------------------------

Intro Movies Only

HD Intros: bp intro movies 720p HD v1.4 - v2.0 - Moddb Link

HD Intros: bp intro movies 720p HD v1.4 - v2.0 - FileFront Link

3rd Person: (contains both bundled and un-bundled versions)

Full Mod: bp Weapon Pack v2.05.ots.both - Moddb Link

Full Mod: bp Weapon Pack v2.05.ots.both - GrNet Link

1st Person: (contains both bundled and un-bundled versions)

Full Mod: bp Weapon Pack v2.07both - Moddb Link

Full Mod: bp Weapon Pack v2.07both - GrNetLink

Acu Camo Patch:

Patch: bp Weapon Pack v2.05.acuPatch - Moddb Link

Patch: bp Weapon Pack v2.05.acuPatch - MediaFire Link

Grip Patch: works with or without acuPatch

Patch: bp Weapon Pack v2.05.gripPatch - Moddb Link

Patch: bp Weapon Pack v2.05.gripPatch - GrNet Link

BlackHawk Down Patch: (Blackhawk Down mod)

Patch : BlackHawkDown compatible Patch - FileFront Link

Possible Solutions if the mod doesn't run:

----------------------------------------------------------

1. if you have a local/english dir, try renaming or deleting it. (strange but sometimes works)

2. try the un-bundled version (usually works for people with issues)

3. if you're on vista, there's a method to delete xmb(complied game) files, which can cause problems:

>>> To clean out XMB files in Vista, go to your user folder, into

>>> AppData/Local/GRAW2 and kill all XMB files except those in the

>>> "settings" folder. Then it will recompile with whatever mod you are

>>> using.

>>>

>>> It usually works.

>>>

>>> Remember that to stop using the mod you may need to to the same

>>> thing again.

Those are the 3 main solutions I can offer. Good luck.

Edited by JohnTC02

• Replies 311
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dling it as I write. Looks magnificent!

Just did a run through and you have made the game the way it should have been from the start, simply awesome work. I can only wish that I could have you mod and Snow's Magpul/MEUSOC pistol mod both working together. It would finally make this game complete. Thanks again for your great work! :thumbsup:

Great work Bretz, thanks for putting in the time.

I hope servers host this mod for their coop games. Probably would be easier to do if auto DL was in the game. I hate having to go find everything I need to join when I have internet access.

Glad to hear you guys are enjoying it so far.

hi brettzies, i would change Tunney's appereance with brown or jenkin's appereance. what do i modify?

Off the top of my head, you go into units/beings/u_teammates (or something like that).

Toward the bottom you should see entries for each soldier, there are 3 lines for each one. For Tunney, there are 3 parts where is says "ghost_stalker." You just need to change that to ghost_team or something like that. Look at the other entries for the other guys in that section and it should be clear.

Then, in the lib/managers/xml/ ghost_templates.xml, there are sections for each ghost and which head, helment, and gear to use. Look at some of the other guys and just copy and paste to your liking.

I was thinking about using the ghost body for Tunny and Stone after I re-did the ghost camos, but using a form of the British camo. Ran out of energy though. I might take a look at that later. Also wanted to add them as character classes for mulitplayer. Probably Sas Sniper and Sas Demo, with essentially the same kits, you're just getting a different body/headgear to use. If I did that, I might as well put a Scout class in where you could use the boonie hat.

Hi Brettzies

Firstly great job we are really happy to have some new toys.

So much so that we want to add this weapon mod to a second GRAW2 dedicated server. Sadly my efforts so far have failed.

I have tried

editing the bp_weapons_pack_v2.0.bat file to read as follows

graw2_dedicated.exe -o context_bp_weapons_pack_v2.0.xml

result - crash in application

deleting the original context.xml file and renaming context_bp_weapons_pack_v2.0.xml to context.xml then launching the dedicated server normally

result - the server launches but is not modded

adding -o context_bp_weapons_pack_v2.0.xml to the parameters line in firedaemon

If you have any ideas as to what I may be doing wrong please let me know, our guys are really keen to use this mod.

Cheers

Hi Brettzies

Firstly great job we are really happy to have some new toys.

So much so that we want to add this weapon mod to a second GRAW2 dedicated server. Sadly my efforts so far have failed.

I have tried

editing the bp_weapons_pack_v2.0.bat file to read as follows

graw2_dedicated.exe -o context_bp_weapons_pack_v2.0.xml

deleting the original context.xml file and renaming context_bp_weapons_pack_v2.0.xml to context.xml then launching the dedicated server normally

result - the server launches but is not modded

adding -o context_bp_weapons_pack_v2.0.xml to the parameters line in firedaemon

If you have any ideas as to what I may be doing wrong please let me know, our guys are really keen to use this mod.

Cheers

I thought there was a context-server.xml or something like that? Might have to bundle the whole thing. I was going to do that but for some reason it was crashing saying something about the sa80 anim set and I didn't want to bother with trying to get the bundle to work since I know it works unbundled, plus the sound and movies are always unbundled. I think I have an idea to remove the diesle animations, but I don't know if that's the problem with dedicated server in the first place.

I can check it out when I get home and see if I can get it bundled up properly, though I'm not sure that's the problem.

There is "context-standalone.xml" and we just tried renaming "context_bp_weapons_pack_v2.0.xml" to replace it and launching the graw2_dedicated.exe. This also resulted in an application crash.

Thanks again

Edited by zeno

There is "context-standalone.xml" and we just tried renaming "context_bp_weapons_pack_v2.0.xml" to replace it and launching the graw2_dedicated.exe. This also resulted in an application crash.

Thanks again

Not exactly sure how to run a dedicated server myself, though, I did one with the mod and it seemed to be running fine. I can see it when I start GRAW2 in the list, but when I join it just cycles forever. I don't know if that's because I'm trying to do this with one computer and two cpus or what.

The context-standalone.xml I think just has the language set to bp_weapons_pack_v2.0. However, it has this difference the bold type:

<script base="data" exec="level/dedicated" editor="false" language="bp_weapons_pack_v2.0"/>

Whereas a normal context xml has: exec="Menu/Menu"

So just renaming one file to the other isn't going to do the trick. You have to actually go in and make sure it points to the correct language path, which is the mod.

Where does it crash for you? When you try to join or when you try to run the server? Ripfire did this last time, and we just joined his server.

I added a "bundled" mod version. I'm not really sure it makes a difference for multiplayer, but it's there as another option for people.

Edited by Brettzies

Thanks for looking into this, it is the server that crashes as the dedi is booting up.

I made the change you recommended and got this error

"Unhandled exception - access violation

C STACK:

graw2_dedicated (???) : (???)

OpenAL32 (???) : MlsMbOemCodePageTag

Renderer : threaded

Physics : threaded"

To run a dedicated server you need to add a file called dedicated_game_info.xml to your settings folder I have added an example below. Alternatively enter the game normally and create a session remebering to select the dedicated option

If this is too much work we will make it work from private servers. Thanks for all your work, sorry to give you more headaches.

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

<game_info password="" admin_password="" internet_speed="3000">

<server_settings type="coop">

<game_difficulty value="hardcore"/>

<gamespy_ranked value="false"/>

<match_length value="90"/>

<max_deaths value="0"/>

<max_players value="12"/>

<round_length value="10"/>

<spawn_time value="15"/>

<start_condition value="2"/>

</server_settings>

<server_settings type="dm">

<match_length value="15"/>

<max_deaths value="0"/>

<round_length value="10"/>

<spawn_time value="10"/>

</server_settings>

<server_settings type="hh">

<match_length value="9"/>

<match_points value="110"/>

<max_deaths value="5"/>

<round_length value="5"/>

<spawn_time value="15"/>

</server_settings>

<server_settings type="rvsa">

<match_length value="14"/>

<spawn_time value="10"/>

</server_settings>

<server_settings type="s">

<capture_time value="35"/>

<match_length value="8"/>

<max_deaths value="5"/>

<round_length value="9"/>

<spawn_time value="15"/>

</server_settings>

<server_settings type="tdm">

<match_length value="25"/>

<max_deaths value="3"/>

<round_length value="7"/>

<spawn_time value="20"/>

</server_settings>

<gametype_settings>

<auto_balance_limit value="4"/>

<auto_screenshot value="true"/>

<auto_screenshot_interval value="200"/>

<auto_screenshot_size value="1"/>

<auto_screenshot_timeout value="22"/>

<dedicated_server value="true"/>

<immortality_duration value="9"/>

<match_length value="90"/>

<match_points value="160"/>

<message_of_the_day value="Welcome the the Legion of Sparta. Over 18, Join us on Teamspeak (IP 207.252.2.35:8072), and visit our forum legionofsparta.com"/>

<name value="=SPARTA= www.LegionOfSparta.com"/>

<port value="16250"/>

<scan_for_cheats value="true"/>

<teamkill_kick_limit value="2"/>

<vote_kick_starters value="3"/>

<vote_map_starters value="2"/>

<vote_ratio value="95"/>

<vote_time value="20"/>

</gametype_settings>

<match_info level="coop_Bogie_Oasis_Day_v2" order="1">

</match_info>

<match_info level="coop_quarry" order="2">

</match_info>

<match_info level="coop_invasion" order="3">

</match_info>

<match_info level="coop_Bogie_OccupationDay_v3" order="4">

</match_info>

<match_info level="coop_youppi" order="5">

</match_info>

<match_info level="coop_Bogie_OceanicDay_v3" order="6">

</match_info>

<match_info level="coop_retrieve" order="7">

</match_info>

<match_info level="coop_crashsite_v2" order="8">

</match_info>

<match_info level="coop_timber" order="9">

</match_info>

</game_info>

Edited by zeno

hi brettzies,yesterday i tried your pack and when i assigned the fire mod to three shots, i can't shoot: any solution?

Some guns don't really have 3 round burst, but in order to get them to default to single shot you have to use an option which gives each gun all 3 firemodes. For guns that DO NOT have a 3 round burst in real life, I set their rate of fire to 0 for that mode. So, technically there's nothing wrong. If you wanted to turn it on though, you can go into that weapon's unit file and set fire_burst_count to 1,2, or 3.

<!-- Fire modes -->

<var name="fire_modes" value="5"/> <!-- 1 = semi, 2 = semi+auto, 3 = semi+auto+burst -->

<var name="fire_rate_semi" value="0.140"/>

<var name="fire_rate_auto" value="0.08333"/>

<var name="fire_rate_burst" value="0.140"/>

<var name="fire_burst_count" value="0"/>

<var name="admits_reload_firing" value="true"/>

Alternately you can set fire_modes to 2(semi+auto), but then you'll default to full auto and may have the coop fire mode bug where you cannot change to single shot.

Basically, what I did was just a work around, which is listed in the "Known bugs and issues," of the readme. I didn't know what would be least confusing, setting burst to act like single or act like full auto, or just disable it, which is most accurate. If I set it to full auto people would say, "hey that gun shouldn't have a burst mode." If I set it to one, someone would say, "why doesn't it burst?" I picked what would be more accurate given the limitations.

If you want to make it behave like a full auto mode, ie, SCAR, M4 changes these lines like this:

<var name="fire_modes" value="5"/> <!-- 1 = semi, 2 = semi+auto, 3 = semi+auto+burst -->

<var name="fire_rate_semi" value="0.140"/>

<var name="fire_rate_auto" value="0.08333"/>

<var name="fire_rate_burst" value="0.08333"/>

<var name="fire_burst_count" value="30"/>

Essentially you let it "burst" the whole mag.

Edited by Brettzies

Good news

I got it running using the bundle, I have to go away for a few day, but our guys will be "testing" it to make sure. I only had time to join and do the weapon selection and shoot one AI. But all of that worked, we will keep you posted, thanks again.

Good news

I got it running using the bundle, I have to go away for a few day, but our guys will be "testing" it to make sure. I only had time to join and do the weapon selection and shoot one AI. But all of that worked, we will keep you posted, thanks again.

Good to know. Most crashes are usually associated with a map calling an attachment which has been taken out of the safe range(1-31). None of the kits should have that and I tried to make sure none of the enemies had anything like that. However, I'm not sure what some custom maps do or even some of the stock maps.