Graw2 Co-op Via Lan Not Working, Please Help!

juuungle

Hi guys,

I'm having some trouble setting up a co-op campaign in GRAW 2 with a few buddies, and wondering if anyone might be able to help... Basically, I set up a LAN server and choose 'co-op campaign' (or whatever the name of it is, I'm not in front of my home computer at the moment), which is all fine. My two mates can see the server pop up on their screen, but when they try to load it they just end up timing out. I can see that they are joining the LAN server on my screen (ie the mission briefing screen), but they arent able to be selected, and just end up timing out. Is anyone else having this problem/know a solution?? We all have GRAW 2 fully patched, plus latest drivers etc. What makes it doubly frustrating is that we fired up GRAW 1 co-op and are able to play that right away, with no problems whatsoever (and it's an absolute blast!).

Any help would be much appreciated, and cheers in advance for any help/advice!!

Cheers,

G.

Hi Davros, thanks for replying. We are all in the same house, with the comps hooked up via a router, and everyone has taken off/disabled their firewalls. I think we have tried one of the others creating a server, but with the same end result (will test again tonight). One other point to note though; I am running Vista (Home Premium), and the others are on XP Professional (all OS's fully updated etc), not sure if it matters though...

Cheers,

G.

Should not matter, we run our Thursday night Lan night with mixed, XP and Vista.

Vista can be a PITA to set up shares on though so we can all see the same things. But as you say, it works perrfectly with GRAW1.

We have had issues where we cannot join with one PC and so we just start a server on another...usually the fastest PC due to the load.

Oh, another thing to try, run a dedicated server on one PC and see if that can be connected to (I think the exe is called graw_dedicated.exe or something obvious in the GRAW program dir.

Running out of ideas though.....

Hope someone can solve it for you.

Dav

Also had similar issues, but we had to do just the opposite of what Dav mentioned. As it turns out, the slowest machine out of a group of three pretty much had the bare minimum configuaration (Intel P4 2.6Mhz, 1 Gb RAM, ATI x1300 512Mb GPU) and would not connect locally or on the web. We experimented with the network configurations but came to the conclusion that it could not process all of the packets in order to successfully start the cooperative missions. However, we were able to setup this PC as a server with the other PCs connecting, but then game play would suffer due to the AI not engaging quickly enough - again, do to processing, memory, etc.

The local firewall and router's firewall were non issues, but we did read another post that WolfSong wrote with regards to different settings.

Hi bogiegraphics, cheers for posting in both of my topics :) It turns out that after experimenting I'm 99% sure it was the v1.05 standalone patch I had downloaded that was causing all the connection issues.

I reinstalled GRAW2 on all machines, and ran it (unpatched), and everyone connected fine. Then tried it after using the in-game update utility, patched to v1.05, and everything is working sweet! So yeah, I'm pretty stoked!

I remember reading the GRAW2 guide over at TweakGuides, which stated that using the in-game update utility was preferable, but I didn't think it would make any difference. So I guess this is lesson learned.

Cheers for all your help guys!

• 1 month later...

Should not matter, we run our Thursday night Lan night with mixed, XP and Vista.

Dav

wonder if you played it on lan without a wan connection open or with wan open on router ?

i did some test :

dedicated server coop win2003

local pc xp sp1 +sp3

i have connection problems to all internet servers included my own dedicated hosted on lan.

connect without internet login but via lan only, same connecting problems

shutdown wan connection on router within 2 minutes logged into my dedicated coop server via lan only

change it to TDM no connection possible ???

changed it to defend no connection possible ???

went back to coop within 2 minutes logged into my dedicated coop server

changed the coop .xml to tdm en defend gametypes

seems to me that the game is always looking voor internet connections even if you want to play lan only, els i can not explain the connection problems when playing lan only

putted down firewall no connections posible, putted my pc on dmz no connections possible.

played R6Vegas2 on same pc no problems.

i am also out of ideas

Edited by ElChino