New Maps

legacywork

Hi Guys

Ok, here goes

I haven't got 3DS max or diesel or any of the other programmes that keep getting mentioned in here ..... but I want a map ! :(:(

Can I issue a spec to you guys ? or can I (attempt to) make one just based on the "editor tutorials" that came with the game ? :huh:

I t seems a lot more complex than scripting a mission ..... but I am trying to close a trilogy and want (would like) a bespoke map to end it with :)

Legacy

I haven't got 3DS max or diesel or any of the other programmes that keep getting mentioned in here ..... but I want a map ! :(:(

Can I issue a spec to you guys ? or can I (attempt to) make one just based on the "editor tutorials" that came with the game ? :huh:

Making maps from scratch can not be done with only the tutorials as a guide.

You do need 3ds Max8, which is rather expensive... if you pay for it.

I have 3ds max but I can't understand it. A lot of money just sitting there. The help file is OK, but I ll like to see how to make a basic map base or see a video clip. The ones on the net are all in a different language. If someone has a good clip, I 'll love to see it. w00t

If there is any other information on map making for 3ds max, let me know. and I keep all the good stuff and have a go at it, if it works for me (a beginner) then I ll send it to the wiki or Dav. :D

There are a whole lot of hoops to jump thru to create a map from scratch in 3dsmax for :AW, and judging by the lack of any original content...

Biro: Castle Day =Released (Port), Squirrel Creek =Unreleased

DiGiTALY -TC-: Black =Unreleased

and a few misc objects/props included in a handful of default editor created maps

...submitted by members of this site (some of whom know Max like the back of their hand) kind of proves that point. It was not due to laziness or lack of skill, it might have something to do with the game itself and its layout, along with its reception and overall merit.

Good luck!