Ghost Recon.net Forums

Ghost Recon Announcement

(Also posted over in PC)

Today Ubisoft has announced its Q3 financial announcement that a new Ghost Recon game is in the works. No other information will be released at this time but be sure that we will keep you updated when there is additional information available. :thumbsup:

Woo Hoo!

If Redstorm is Developing Multiplayer coop and singleplayer, I am very happy.

I fully played the RSE portions of both GRAWS. I tried single player it just didn't feel like GR to me.

I have played the PC, Xbox, and 360 version of every version of the game.

Infact I bought both xbox consoles in order to play GR (first xbox i bought the day they canceled PC GR2 :( )

My Favs are. in order of preference

GR 2 and Summit strike

GRAW 1 Multiplayer and Coop ( and a little coop elimination by myself for a quick fix)

GRAW 2 Multiplayer and Coop ( and a little coop elimination by myself for a quick fix)

GR OG and expansions (PC) Classic I know but I like 3rd person better than the floating Reticule.

GRAW 1 and 2 PC (Go Grin :whistle: )

Would love GR to go the direction of Farcry 2 but with 3rd person open world dynamic gameplay.

Fingers Crossed.

"Welcome to Tbilisi gentlemen."

I knew my ebay crystal ball was worth the nicker I brought it for.

stares intently for futher info.

I wanna know who on eBay takes underware (quite possibly soiled at that, but most definately used) for payments.

Lucky for them, a nicker is slang for a £1.00. (pound note)

Edited by methz68

(Also posted over in PC)

Today Ubisoft has announced its Q3 financial announcement that a new Ghost Recon game is in the works. No other information will be released at this time but be sure that we will keep you updated when there is additional information available. :thumbsup:

Yes sir, it was wonderful news indeed as i read it myself. Looks like they got a lot going on this year ...

"Initial targets for 2009-10

Yves Guillemot continued: "2009-10 looks very promising and our teams are working flat-out to provide gamers with the best the industry has to offer. Our line-up comprises several potential blockbusters with the launch of 7 franchises, including Assassin's Creed®, Splinter Cell® and Ghost Recon®, as well as 4 license-based games including James Cameron's Avatar, 3 new brands and a further-enhanced casual games portfolio."

Those are some great titles in the working, man what i wouldn't give for a sneek peek of Ghost Recon. :wall:

Dunno if anyone has seen this, so I'll post this section.

"[uPDATE] Initially, the new Ghost Recon was presumed to be a third Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter game. However, since the publication of this story, GameSpot has learned the project in question will be an all-new game in the Tom Clancy series, not a sequel to the popular GRAWs"

Source

http://uk.gamespot.com/news/6203551.html?t...adlines;title;3

I found a couple of other things some may find interesting?

"CVG speculates that the development team may introduce a new engine into the mix showcasing better visuals and new gameplay types. As for Rainbow Six, it will be interesting to see what happens."

http://www.psu.com/Rumor--New-Ghost-Recon-...a0006020-p0.php

Ubisoft, which released Rainbow Six Vegas 2 in March 2008 and has had Ghost Recon on the shelf since mid 2007, could have both titles ready for the 2009 holiday rush

http://xbox.joystiq.com/2009/01/07/rumor-u...on-rainbow-six/

after YAUF it looks like we wont see another Endwar,

this bodes well in the fact that hopefully Ghost Recon wont go down that path..

Now that is good news

"We did not succeed in creating a franchise in the RTS genre with EndWar," Guillemot said. According to the CEO, the company had expected review scores in the 90s, and suggested that the game's casual nature "disappointed traditional RTS gamers" while simultaneously failing to find them a mainstream audience"

Edited by methz68

I have said repeatedly that Ubi should stop trying to attract mainstream audiences as they keep failing at it. The gamers who buy their niche market games are the ones to focus on as they tend to keep buying their products.

A classic example of this is the iL2 franchise. People have bought every version or sequel since it was first released in 2001. iL2 1946 was released 2 years ago and people are still buying it. I bought it even though I already have each and every version of the franchise (and I haven't bought any other Ubi games in a long time). It is a quality product that attracts the kind of customers Ubi should focus on, older, stable and dedicated gamers.

Now I know iL2 is a PC game, but people on consoles are still playing GR (as are the PC gamers around here) and it sold really well the way it was made. Go back to that and release a finished thoroughly tested game and Ubi will start selling games again.

I have said repeatedly that Ubi should stop trying to attract mainstream audiences as they keep failing at it. The gamers who buy their niche market games are the ones to focus on as they tend to keep buying their products.

A classic example of this is the iL2 franchise. People have bought every version or sequel since it was first released in 2001. iL2 1946 was released 2 years ago and people are still buying it. I bought it even though I already have each and every version of the franchise (and I haven't bought any other Ubi games in a long time). It is a quality product that attracts the kind of customers Ubi should focus on, older, stable and dedicated gamers.

Now I know iL2 is a PC game, but people on consoles are still playing GR (as are the PC gamers around here) and it sold really well the way it was made. Go back to that and release a finished thoroughly tested game and Ubi will start selling games again.

Well said!

As for IL-2 i love that game. My 2nd most fav fling game of all time. I hear its coming to the x360 and can't wait to try it. Than again im afraid to try it just becuase i think they going to dumb it down way to much! Hate to see my 2nd most fav game get ruined just becuase they want to apeal to more of the main stream just to try to get afew more sales! Maybe it works on getting afew more sales in the begining, but since its dumbed down to much the game never last to long. Just leave it alone and the game will make it just fine. If they tamper the long run won't be there for it! Just like GR1 on PC still play that game to death today. All the new ones play for maybe a month and its forgotten. They tampered to much and dumbed it down beyond anything long term. Than again like some say around here GR1 was a fluke and can't be reinvented. I like to think the same thing about IL-2 it shouldn't be tampered with and maken it to console is very dangerus for IL-2's future.