Shadow Recon's Baby

ZJJ

Please keep baby Leland in your thoughts and prayers today as he is being held at the hospital (was supposed to go home today) for some additional testing.

There is good news and not so good news.

Good News = SR and Leland were able to go home tonight.

More Good News = The issue with Leland is not due to faulty valves in his heart.

Not so good news = There is a 6cm x 3 cm hole in the wall between the lower ventricles of his heart. The doctor is going to keep a close eye on it, but there is a very good chance the hole will close on its own.

Please keep SR and Leland in your thoughts as they get through the next few weeks.

If it's any help at all, ZJJ, Leland's condition is really not that uncommon. I was born with the same condition, and it was completely closed by the time I was in elementary school.

Thanks, Para.

I'm learning a lot about this condition and am finding it isn't uncommon and that the majority of cases resolve on their own. Only a few require surgery to correct it.

The little guy is eating and breathing well so no major concerns, at this time.

...forgot to report back...PED ICU Dr said, try to engage in more aerobic-play to engage lungs into sucking in more air, thus enhancing lung capacity, more air-circulation=more heart pumping=strengthening heart muscles,etc etc etc....

making baby laugh usually does the trick...that shouldn't be too hard now isn't it :shifty:

con: more air intake thru esophagus will increase more gas output....depending on what baby food intake :whistle:

we demand more pictures!!!

we demand more pictures!!!

My ex-husband had taken a lot of pictures on his camera and was supposed to leave me a copy of them before he left. He didn't. <_<

Therefore, when I am with the SR and the baby this weekend, I'll take some more pictures. I really want to show how long his toes and fingers are!!!

He had a weigh-in today and is now 7 lb 2 oz.

Thanks for the advice. It certainly makes sense. :yes:

• 2 weeks later...

Hey everyone,

I just wanted to say thank you for all your prayers and wishes. Leland is doing great. I would have to honestly say that I was terrified to have a little one and didn't know what really to do. I wasn't really a baby kind of person. I never held a baby, talked to a baby or even knew how to change a baby's diaper. But, I now see what the joy a baby can bring. Leland has made a big impact on my life and he's only 3 weeks old. I can only imagine what he will change for me in the future. He is truly my everything, and I don't know what I would do without him.

Also, for all the parents, I now see what hard work you do for your kids and what joy it must have been to watch them grow and be there own person. I want to thank all who do there best to raise there kids and try there hardest to help them grow. Parents and family's to be, I truly respect everything you do and hope that the lives of your children will be healthy and wonderful. Now that I'm a parent I will try and do the same.

And mom.... thank you for everything. :)

Hey everyone,

I just wanted to say thank you for all your prayers and wishes. Leland is doing great. I would have to honestly say that I was terrified to have a little one and didn't know what really to do. I wasn't really a baby kind of person. I never held a baby, talked to a baby or even knew how to change a baby's diaper. But, I now see what the joy a baby can bring. Leland has made a big impact on my life and he's only 3 weeks old. I can only imagine what he will change for me in the future. He is truly my everything, and I don't know what I would do without him.

Also, for all the parents, I now see what hard work you do for your kids and what joy it must have been to watch them grow and be there own person. I want to thank all who do there best to raise there kids and try there hardest to help them grow. Parents and family's to be, I truly respect everything you do and hope that the lives of your children will be healthy and wonderful. Now that I'm a parent I will try and do the same.

And mom.... thank you for everything. :)

try to remember what you've said RS, when Leland turns 14-16 y/o slips out thru the backdoor/window to met a "friend"....I wish I have a baby....who will try slip out on me. Then & then will I know that "The Circle" is complete. 0:)

Good to hear Leland is doing great...spoil that kid for us. :thumbsup:

Good to hear you're all doing ok and you're enjoying, once they start sleeping through the night its so much easier on you, and like WK says you will turn into your parents, i've lost count of the number of times I've gone round the house switching off lights and muttering about "Blackpool bloody illuminations..."

• 2 weeks later...

D, KJ...

Congrats to you both. Glad Leland is, safe, happy and healthy. I remember my mom telling me of KJ's pregnancy a few months back. I'll be sure to let her know that she delivered a healthy bouncing baby. :)

Hope you're both doing well. You're in my thoughts. :)

Take care, all 3 of you now.

Cam

• 2 months later...