Us Army Photos

Snake@War

I do have to say that my hate of ACU has diminished quite a bit reading that thread. It blends in incredibly!

Question: Are soldiers trained to situate the stock of their rifle above their shoulder? Even the designated marksmen are doing it...

Just seems like it would give poor support. I could see doing it indoors due to space limitations tho.

Aimpoints provide no zoom.

I shoot this way sometimes standing and crouched with good results. Usually you can brace the weapon with the mag or your wrist against your kit (iba pouches etc and it feels more stable then sitting the butt stock on the kevlar.

Although I wouldn't suggest doing that if you had to hit anything at range.

Any word on why the Soldiers support their weapon above their shoulders to aim?

For me, I get a better cheek to stock weld. Brings the rifle to my head, not the other way around. :) Also hard to put the buttstock in the pocket of your shoulder with an IBA on. No fun.

Great photos, still going through them now. Cool to see what other units are using in their kits as I get ready to leave. Prozac, you been over yet?

For me, I get a better cheek to stock weld. Brings the rifle to my head, not the other way around. :) Also hard to put the buttstock in the pocket of your shoulder with an IBA on. No fun.

Great photos, still going through them now. Cool to see what other units are using in their kits as I get ready to leave. Prozac, you been over yet?

Something wicked that way will go :grin2: Heathens I tell you!

but yea, will be shortly. IOTVs, no racks, M4s w/Acogs. Still trying to get my hands on an m14. :thumbsup:

With all that gear on, it's nearly impossible to get the buttstock into the crook of your shoulder.

my guess would be because you can raise your rifle more quickly to engage targets.. :whistle:

you're already at shoulder height and can raise the barrel to loft rounds dowwwwwnrange!

@PZ3- keep your ###### down mate, I don't want to see you at Walter Reed(you probably will eat too much of the food thereby making me work more) :rofl: