Can A 3dsmax8 Modder Create A Glass Room For Me?

davros

Calling all map makers and 3dsMax users.

I have a hopefully simple request - heck, I hop it's simple, it's basically just creating a box!

I have created a thing called the sin bin. See the thread and video of this here.

To do this (with amazing help from Tinker!) I created it out of modified 5m low walls all linked together to for a 10mx10m box. This thread gives complete details on how it was done. (including the prop/object files used).

I want...

1) the people in the box to be able to see out

2) not be able to shoot out

3) the AI not be able to see/detect people in the box...ie. a solid walls so they do not start shooting up at the people in the box - it'll be up 300m up in the air above the map.

Would one of you kind gentlemen be able to give me a Christmas present and create this for me as a single object?

If the above (and the info. in the threads/video) is unclear in any way, please post below and i'll clarify the requirements.

Thanks in anticipation,

Dav.

I uploaded your box today davros is on smestorage.com under davbox.zip

Is a 10m x 10m x 10m box but the inside is 9 x 9 x 9.

Check if this is you want or pm if you want to change something.

Unzip this two folders inside of your data folder. The one on the levels and texture are.

See ya.

Edited by LoBo_FieRo

There really IS a fathet Christmas!

Thanks LoBo_FierRo. Thanyou sooo much.

I'm just off to work now but will sneak a look while I am there. I assume the "raw" model from 3dsMax is there too? I'd like to learn more about model making.

Thanks a heap. Now I can get serious on releasing the sin bin! Watch out run and gunners - your time has come to an end!

Dav

Thanks matey. All good now.

I had to make a few changes to the model file to get it to work as desired as it originally could be shot through. But all good now.

FYI - here's the changed file...

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="iso-8859-1"?>

<dynamic_object xmlns:xi="x">

<diesel file="/data/objects/props/helpers/dav_box_col_obj_10x10m/dav_box_col_obj_10x10m.diesel" materials="/data/objects/props/helpers/dav_box_col_obj_10x10m/materials.xml" orientation_object="root_point"/>

<body name="dav_box_col_obj_10x10m" template="static" editable="true" >

<object name="root_point"/>

<object name="dav_box_10x10m" collision_type="mesh_mopp" shadow_caster="false" material="stone" hidden="true"/>

</body>

<!-- Decal Surfaces -->

<decal_surfaces static="true">

<ds_mesh object="dav_box_10x10m" material="concrete"/>

</decal_surfaces>

</dynamic_object>

Dav

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks matey. All good now.

I had to make a few changes to the model file to get it to work as desired as it originally could be shot through. But all good now.

FYI - here's the changed file...

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="iso-8859-1"?>

<dynamic_object xmlns:xi="x">

<diesel file="/data/objects/props/helpers/dav_box_col_obj_10x10m/dav_box_col_obj_10x10m.diesel" materials="/data/objects/props/helpers/dav_box_col_obj_10x10m/materials.xml" orientation_object="root_point"/>

<body name="dav_box_col_obj_10x10m" template="static" editable="true" >

<object name="root_point"/>

<object name="dav_box_10x10m" collision_type="mesh_mopp" shadow_caster="false" material="stone" hidden="true"/>

</body>

<!-- Decal Surfaces -->

<decal_surfaces static="true">

<ds_mesh object="dav_box_10x10m" material="concrete"/>

</decal_surfaces>

</dynamic_object>

Dav

Hi Dav

Eventually you are gonna have to release all this in a mission .... I cannot wait .... compound was brilliant ... but with all this sin bin, davs_mines and dav_laptop etc...etc.., you must have one hell of a mission brewing mate :o=:o=:o=

Legacy

Ahhh, um...time to come clean!

I haven't actually done a thing on the mission for weeks...Bad Dav.

I was thinking I might hack out a quick mission (nothing special...just a plaything really) over this long weekend (Australia Day on Monday) as I want to see a map with mines everywhere! It's a funny thing...it's tough to get me started on something, but once I am I get obsessed...or so the wife says!

Will see what I can do.

Need to go get some meat for the BBQ now though.

Dav.