L4D1 - What Weapons Would You Like To See Added

WytchDokta

Just curious to see what additional weapons people would like to see added to this game.

Here's my list:

- Grenade Launcher: Nothing silly here though please, I don't want a noobtube. I think it would be good fro breaking up the Infected hordes and an effective anti-Tank (pun intended) weapon. If it was a auto GL it would be silly IMO, and get very annoying very fast especially for Infected players. I think something like a Vietnam era M79 GL would fit the role perfectly, just give it a slow reload time (you'd have to reload after every round is discharged) and limit the max ammo for it, say maybe 8 rounds max. That way the wielder would have to be careful about using the weapon and would have to rely on his team mates to protect him (he'd have to use pistols when not using the GL)

- AK47: Less rounds than the M16 (not realistic I know, but the M16 in L4D does have 50 rounds per mag), but the rounds will be more powerful. Accuracy should be worse than the M16 though.

- .357 Revolver (+dual wield): Just the HL2 revolver will suffice. This should be more powerful than the pistols and unlike the pistols, this weapon should blow limbs off. :D Option to duel wield these babies should be obligatory. Slow reload time.

- Light Machine Gun: Perhaps an M249 or an M60, limited to 100 rounds per mag. Slow reload time. Should make it so the LMG can ONLY be used when the player is crouched.

- Flamethrower: If the Source engine permits it without any noticeble drop in frame rate.... :) Could get stupid though IMO if all the Survivors had flamethrowers. Suppose it could be made so the flames will hurt Survivors too. Come on, no zombie survival game is complete without a flamethrower. You know I'm right.

I would like see a selection of melee weapons too. I'd like to be able to use baseball bats, fire axes, sledgehammers, carving knives, saucepans (pure comedy value :rofl: ), crowbars & chainsaws. :lol:

Edited by WytchDokta

AK47: Less rounds than the M16 (not realistic I know, but the M16 in L4D does have 50 rounds per mag), but the rounds will be more powerful. Accuracy should be worse than the M16 though.

Not to hijack completely, but at the ranges which these weapons are being used in this game, there would be little discernible difference in accuracy with iron sights between these 2 weapons. .30 vs. .22 is decidedly different however, and I'd favor the AK47 given the option.

• 6 months later...

I'd like to see...AA12

Would really help with the attacks from the hordes.

lol totally ^^ though I do think it'd kinda overkill, it's overkill in a good way (is there really a bad kind?)

I'd personally like to see the ability to pour fuel out of the gasolene can you can pick up and light it with a gunshot. I know it's not a weapon per-se, but think og the traps you could set! ^^ pure joy.

for that matter, I'd love to see a lever action winchester rifle ala Shawn of the Dead :D

Oh yeah baby! I want one with the FRAG-12 grenade rounds.

Yeah, take out your team while you're at it. :P

No-one want to see melee weapons? :(

I reckon melee would be awesome. my choices? all the melee weapons from shawn of the dead. lol at rotary tennis pole, it could even have a physics enabled tennis ball on a string! another fav from that movie would be the shovel. big, blunt and effective :D

I'd personally like to see the ability to pour fuel out of the gasolene can you can pick up and light it with a gunshot. I know it's not a weapon per-se, but think og the traps you could set! ^^ pure joy.

Proximity mines/claymores. Imagine. Lure the Infected into a choke point you've filled with claymores/proximity mines. Then watch the fireworks.

Airstrikes would be nice too, but could be annoying if everybody could call in airstrikes (and you know that somebody would deliberately order and airstrike on the human team because people are like that)

And you just know we NEED a rocket launcher of some sort, hell, we don't have any decent anti-TANK (pun intended) weapons in this game. That much is imperative. Are you listening VALVe?

Another -sort of- decent weapon to add would be if when Boomers exploded they actually showerd standard Infected with bile too/they could vomit on other Infected, then that Infected would get killed by the horde. It's logic. It's makes sense. Why only the Survivors get showered with Boomer bile when there are other Infected in range who are seemingly unaffected by it? Could nail a Tank easily that way.

Well, yeah. Something like an M249 that actually has the desired effect on the enemies roe or behaviour.

I remember this being mentioned by GRIN, but all that actually seemed to happen was that if you point any gun at a concealed enemy soldier, they won't pop their head up until you point it somewhere else (how do they know :hmm: )

So I guess I'm talking AI behaviour in relationship to suppressive fire as opposed to the support weapon itself.

Convincing AI all round would maybe be a better way of putting it

Convincing AI all round would maybe be a better way of putting it

Not sure if it's 'convincing' AI or not, but I only ever get constricted by a Smoker or Pounced by a Hunter when I'm reloading. Seriously, it's as annoying as hell. Especially when it happens when I'm in cover, it's like WTH did he come from? Yet, the guys I'm playing with are healing themselves (take s a few seconds and they MUST be stationary to heal themselves) in the open, never when they're behind cover, but Smokers/Hunters don't touch them at that time.

More convincing AI? How can a Witch 'see' me when I walk up BEHIND her? She does wake up if you walk behind her. And eh? What's that? A Witch sat on top of a 5mm thick chainlink fence? How the hell? :wacko: