Heroes Unleashed Server, Courtesy Of + S D

rossiski

Special Detachment

presents an opportunity to play the latest unofficial expansion pack on our 100mbit dedicated server:

heroes_unleashed_logo.png

^ CLICK TO DOWNLOAD (MAC & PC) ^

SERVER IS DOWN, 12/26/08, due to lack of participation (zero joins in 3 days). Bandwidth has been shifted back to ArmA. PM rossiski if you want to have a dedicated running.

Come over to the +SD forums for joining requirements.

In short:

- TEAMSPEAK is Mandatory...no exceptions.

- Unsportsmanlike conduct will not be accepted. Come on folks, we're all adults here.

- Have fun!

- Server will run for at least the week of Christmas 2008, maybe longer depending on you!

Game server is 70.85.198.170

Teamspeak server is 70.85.198.170:8767

Wow, that looks great, rossiski! I feel honored that you host a Heroes Unleashed game server, and I think that makes +SD the first to do so, officially. Congrats! If I wasn't so unbelievably tired right now (it's almost 4am here), I'd jump in right away. I hope you have lots of fun playing the mod!

I'm sorry to hear that Co-Op participation was lacking so far, rossiski, but as mentioned in above post by Gache, it requires quite a bit of time to download the almost 1GB of Heroes Unleashed, especially on average internet connections.

Many people will also give the mod a try in single-player first, to orientate themselves before jumping into a multiplayer game. Personal experience: A friend of mine contacted me via instant messenger suggesting a 2 player co-op online game (he had just finished downloading Heroes Unleashed). I agreed, prepped for battle (unplugged the phone, got myself some water etc.), set up a server at GameRanger, and waited... and waited... and waited...

I couldn't reach my friend by IM anymore, he did not answer his phone (see above), so I had no way to contact him. Nine(!!!) hours later he calls me up, apologizing for the slight delay with these words: "Man, I'm so sorry! I just wanted to have a little look at the mod!" :rolleyes:

Conclusion: Please keep in mind that there is a lot of content in Heroes Unleashed for people to play around with. ;)

Oh, and another thing. I registered at the +SD forums to join the server (which is still running apparently), but the listed prerequisites include TeamSpeak 2, which I cannot offer as I am using a Mac (for Mac there is only a TS1 client available). From almost 1000 downloads (all mirrors combined) of Heroes Unleashed so far, about half have been for Mac, so I guess I am not the only one with that problem.

Please keep in mind that there is a lot of content in Heroes Unleashed for people to play around with. ;)

Absolutely Right! w00t:blink::D

I've finally had a chance to look around Heroes Unleashed - with any luck I'll be online with it around 0100GMT tonight.

Will try and put an ad hoc server up if I can't see one...

Edit: server should be visible on GameRanger or at 79.71.208.194. I'll leave it up for an hour or so...

Edited by Gache

my server guy just moved but once he is settled here i am going to see if he can setup a dedicated server for it as well. I don't see a problem with it I will just need to get him the server files. And suggestions in that part would be greatly appreciated.

Edited by njmatrix