Found: Does This Mean More Maps?

beonder13

There are no new R6 maps to come in DLC and last I heard there was nothing to suggest any GR ones either.

I suspect by that comment he meant that GR and R6 took the lead in support of DLC after release, both series have been well supported with dlc for some time now, GR starting with Island Thunder and every title since, and R6 I believe from Black Arrow

If only it were that easy, Serellan was talking on the issue of updating old maps a while back although I don’t recall where but if I find the link I'll post it.

The community generally assume as a maps already been designed moving it over to the current gen and just updating the graphics a little should be easy enough, he said that’s far from the truth and that in some cases (or was it most?) the maps can take as long as creating a new map from scratch.

Ultimately any development team has to weigh up the pros and cons of loosing key members of the team from one development to updating old maps on a previous development. That’s without taking into account how much demand there really is for such content in the first place.

I’m biased I would be eternally happy if they produced all the old GR and GRIT maps on every new GR game lol, but my desire for it doesn’t mean it’s a good idea sadly