Ghost Recon.net Forums

Ghost Recon: Heroes Unleashed

On 22/09/2020 at 02:55, ApexMods said:

New VRAM budgeting will lead to various changes. So much more to consider now. Characters and equipment gobble up a huge amount of video memory, due to their sheer number in some missions and game types.

I applied patch to gr.exe now I 4GB RAM  can be used instead of 2GB (this will work just for Windows 10)

User's system configuration

CPU: GenuineIntel 2710 MHz Recent Intel

RAM: 4096 MB

O/S: Microsoft Windows NT Family 6.2 build 9200

Take it from here

Edited by die7
  • Like 1
  • Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Download Ghost Recon: Heroes Unleashed (Version 1.0.0 Beta 9)   Spread the word, folks. Long live Ghost Recon!   PS: A huge thanks goes out to Wombat50 for doing weeks of

LOL. Well then, you guys asked for it... taken directly from the Beta 9 ReadMe:  

Posted Images

• 2 months later...

Hello! Sorry to bother everyone, but I have a question. I don't have any mod manager of any sort or special launcher.

I installed Heroes Unleashed and the main campaign seemed to contain only two actual custom missions (against rebels), but that wasn't so much a bother. However when I tried to play one of the two-hundred-fifty custom missions, I selected Mission, pressed continue — and the game just crashes to desktop. Is there some way to fix this? Thank you!

16 hours ago, Rocky said:

The HU readme has good instructions for launching the mod that can identify issues such as this.

I just perused through the readme, and I found no real answer to 'game crashes solely when I'm trying to play the new missions when I go to the character screen', could you be more precise? Thank you.

I am not certain but in most cases having both expansion packs(Desert Siege and Island Thunder) patched to 1.4 is helpful if not required. Does it crash for every mission or only one?

If you have installed the mod and have launched it as per the readme file you should not experience the described issue.

However when I tried to play one of the two-hundred-fifty custom missions, I selected Mission, pressed continue — and the game just crashes to desktop. 

Which mission is this and I can try to replicate.

Please also confirm which mods are listed in the options screen and in which order.

So I reinstalled the mod thinking there might be an issue with that, no such luck. In fact, after experimentation, I have come to the realisation that even the 'regular' missions don't seem to work. So out of curiosity I decided to try unmounting Heroes Unleashed to see if they function without Heroes Unleashed activated — only I have come to a little problem.

My Ghost Recon is now categorically refusing to launch without HU, I had to download a mod manager to reactivate HU for it to launch, otherwise it just wouldn't budge. Haven't tried to start the PC yet, will do that in a second.

This is honestly borking crazy.

My mod order is normally.

Desert Siege

Island Thunder

Heroes Unleashed (in that order)

Thanks for the help.

Note: Going to try reinstalling the entire game to see if it functions better, keep you notified.

SECOND NOTE: I have fixed it, it seems to have been caused by Desert Siege and Tropic Thunder - with the reinstalling of the game without the expacs, and simply Heroes Unleashed, the game runs smoother than ever with no crashes and no issues whatsoever. Thank you regardless for the help!

Edited by Khazrim