Ghost Recon: Heroes Unleashed

ApexMods

Feared as much. Guess that error creeped into all add-on mods that contain those HK417 .GUN files. Must have happened during a batch of string edits, where I change a text string in all files of a folder (without batch editing this monster mod would be unmanageable). I've got those issues jotted down on top of the next version's ToDo list, which has already assumed a massive size, BTW. :)

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ApexMods said:

Feared as much. Guess that error creeped into all add-on mods that contain those HK417 .GUN files. Must have happened during a batch of string edits, where I change a text string in all files of a folder (without batch editing this monster mod would be unmanageable). I've got those issues jotted down on top of the next version's ToDo list, which has already assumed a massive size, BTW. :)

Usually when I have to edit a hell of a lot of files, like RvS weapon modding, which like GR uses different files for different attachments (1 for plain/with ACOG sight, 1 for suppressed, 1 for High Capacity Mag, where apliable of course) I use Notepad++, it has a function that allows the user to find and replace certain lines within a folder full of files.

Also aside from the 416/417s I wonder which other weapons may have been affected.

Due to lack of realism in the game's hard-coded system for awarding
  decorations, these are no longer displayed in the platoon setup screen

Like the discussion we had on the heroesunleashed forums, am I able to change this so the metals are displayed? I play the sniper the majority of the missions and try to obtain as many of the metals as I can and its very rewarding to see my hard work pay off.

Edited by GySgt-Jave
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, ApexMods said:

Wait a minute, didn't I reenable the display of medals/decorations for beta 9? Yes, I think I did. So you're in luck, medals are back! :)

Haha ok thanks! I didn't want to play through a mission only to see no metal and have to make changes and replay the entire mission.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Jeza said:

Here are some SP campaign stuff, enjoy:

Finally had some time to properly view these from start to finish.

Jeza, these playthroughs are absolutely beautiful! Mind if I share them on ModDB (already did :harhar:)? Seriously, great GREAT(!) work!

BTW, that FOV you use seems to be different from any of the ones in Richard's mods. Care to share?

• Like 1

Played Paper Angel with Heroes Unleashed recently and it provided some of the most tense firefights I've ever experienced in Ghost Recon.

I was unaware of the amount of Russians that were patrolling near the encampment. Add to that the abundance of foliage and I had a blast trying to engage the soldiers with the amount of (or lack thereof) cover at my disposal. It's really quite something when you can hear the enemy firing at you but you're unable to see them. Every step taken just added to the anxiety.

• Like 4

Now that there is no combat point adding, you could change the line that says: "Combat Points: 00" (which isn't present in HU) and make it say something like "Missions Completed: 00" so that the player can keep track of which Ghosts went to most missions on the campaign, and just to add another stat.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ApexMods said:

Finally had some time to properly view these from start to finish.

Jeza, these playthroughs are absolutely beautiful! Mind if I share them on ModDB (already did :harhar:)? Seriously, great GREAT(!) work!

BTW, that FOV you use seems to be different from any of the ones in Richard's mods. Care to share?

Yeah i noticed is well, wasnt me lol its still the 3rd_person_OTS_64bit version. It was a bug I think with using the special soldier and that certain weapon setup of the sniper rifle and MK18....I think......or I did something without knowing I did something.

• Like 2

Also, with 320 kits is there a list of these kits I can browse through (online or pdf) without clicking through all 300 kits to find each solider the optimal setup? Each mission you could feasibly choose a different kit based on what you think you will encounter. One could conceivably spend an hour just choosing a new kit! haha

• Like 1

Played HU with friends today. We played solely the updated original missions and started with Caves which CTD about half way thru as we were approaching the tent camp. Sorry I didn't get an ike.log and we were playing the Joint Task Force kit restriction all day. This was the only issue we had all day.  We started back with M08-M15 and played all to completion.  Went to DS missions and for some reason we skipped D01 but played D02-04 to completion. We all noticed the new ground textures for these maps. To me that is one of the best improvements in the texturing department. :thumbs up:. The updated missions don't play out exactly like the originals which is great. The AI in HU are markedly improved along with weapon sounds, reticules and blood splatter if I'm correct in that. We had a great time. Thanks Apex!

Edited by wombat50
  • Like 1

Question: I completed the Ghost Recon campaign and I'm proceding to Desert Siege now. I noticed that, on the DS intro scene, the boss man (Ashenafi Abate or something like that) holds a Desert Eagle, and that model appears to be the one from SOAF. The point is, why no (at least NPC only) Desert Eagle yet?