Ghost Recon: Heroes Unleashed

ApexMods

Nice shots Apex! Here's some from the beach landing map. A view of the beach defenses. And another of the ghosts landing. That isn't strange lighting making the shadows. It turns out the water actually makes parts darker, creating a soaked look.

Optimized-Omaha defense.png

Optimized-Omaha landing.png

Edited by Proximity_13
  • Like 3

Hi Charlie, welcome to the forums!

I don't quite understand. Do you have a problem when you try to load a saved game from the campaign or a quick mission save? Or does the game no longer launch at all with Heroes Unleashed enabled? In any case, please make sure you extracted the mod properly (no extraction errors), and have a look at the entries in the IKE.LOG file in the main game folder to see if it states any missing files.

I can launch campaign mission 1 (caves) and play it, but when I try to load saved game during mission, it crashes. Ghost Recon and HU were installed correctly. 

ike.log says:

Loading map d:\gry\ghost recon\mods\heroes unleashed\map\m01_caves\m01_caves.map
SimGun: Gun node Fixed MG 01 has no camera offset helper point.

I saw somewhere that it has something to do with stationary weapons on map, is that right?

On 18/11/2016 at 13:32, ApexMods said:

Yep, don't know why, but sound entries in HK417 gun files of the "HU - Legacy" add-on mods seem to be missing that underscore "_" character. Will have to fix this, but will wait for more feedback (read: more bugs) before putting out a patch. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Note: The Heroes Unleashed mod itself is not affected by this. It's only the Legacy add-ons that show this bug.

The are two workarounds for this: Duplicating the w_hk417_ss.wav(.aif) file, renaming it to w_hk417ss.way(.aif) and making a new entry in the effects.xml file, which I think is the fastest way, and it can be fixed literally vy anyone with a text editor (notepad for instance). The other way would be to change every .gun file in the Legacy Add-Ons relating to the HK417 to use the proper sound, which is the better workaround, but takes a lot of time.

5 hours ago, ApexMods said:

Hi Charlie, welcome to the forums!

I don't quite understand. Do you have a problem when you try to load a saved game from the campaign or a quick mission save? Or does the game no longer launch at all with Heroes Unleashed enabled? In any case, please make sure you extracted the mod properly (no extraction errors), and have a look at the entries in the IKE.LOG file in the main game folder to see if it states any missing files.

That crash also happens to me. The way it happens is this:

Mission 1 (Caves) starts properly with the helicopter insertion and everything.
We move and I create a quick save.
We get into a firefight, some Ghosts go down and I quick load, here the game crashes, although at random times it doesn't.

The game also crashes if I decide to restart the mission. I think it happens because of three things: 1) The auto save system creates a save, and then a second file (the one of the quick save) is created. The game tries to do a quick load, but doesn't decide which file to load and crashes. 2) The auto save system creates a save, which is overwritten by the quick save. Then the game tries to quick load, but the quick save file somehow gets corrupted and crashes. 3) There are so many random element and scripts that the quick save can't keep track of all of them, and when the game quick loads, this lack of data makes the game crash.

Those are just suppositions, mostly because I don't really know how the GR's engine handles saves or, well, I don't know how the GR's engine works at all (I wonder how the new skill system works and how it affects the AI)

The crash when loading a save must be script related. I'll have to look into the peculiarities of the M01 script to find out what's going on. It's one of a few missions that have hidden enemy reinforcements, so maybe it has something to do with those. In any case, thank you for bringing it to my attention. It will be yet another bug to squash in the next release.

29 minutes ago, ApexMods said:

It's one of a few missions that have hidden enemy reinforcements, so maybe it has something to do with those.

You may be right, because same crash occured in M03, but this time I could quick load game easily till the arrival of the invasion force. After that I was kicked out to windows again. Anyway, thank you and keep up the good work, the mod is outstanding. Cheers from Poland :)

• Like 1