Ghost Recon: Heroes Unleashed

ApexMods

• 1 month later...

I don't suppose Heroes Unleashed has any NVG IR Laser or any Lasers in general, or if this mod would even be capable of having Lasers? A lot of tactical games these days are getting IR Lasers and/or Lasers in general (Insurgency, Ground Branch, etc) so it would be super cool to see it in Ghost Recon 2001 in Heroes Unleashed if possible.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
On 28/06/2021 at 03:55, Eisenhauer said:

After talking to Apex and doing some tests, I noticed the first bugs, so I started to check out the complete 300 missions. I have fixed 136 bugs. Unfortunately, Apex is no longer available so publish the result here as a fix that you can start in addition to HU with the highest priority. I would also like to mention there are some maps that crash frequently this affects some Killhouse maps as well as fbp03_icebreaker_day. There were also messages in various forums and wondered that you do not come to the conclusion, yes it was simply impossible. The two maps p01_islands_noon and p02_islands_dawn are very difficult due to the geometry and size of the problem you have no display on Commandmap. This makes it very difficult to wander around on the map until you accidentally come across the mission target. I have it so bent that almost everything is to be seen.
When you are in the mission selection menu, the fixed missions are marked with fix. 

Download HU_101_Fix

@Eisenhauer
Friends and I have a lot of trouble with SAR XXL crashing so I recently tried your HU  1.0.1 Fix and not had a map crash using SAR XXL. Maybe a dozen or so different maps. What did you do to make a fix on these missions? Was it the same thing every mission or something different for each one? I'm curious if SAR XXL not crashing and your fixes are related.

Edited by wombat50

this must be a big coincidence, I didn't bother with the XL and XXL missions, but in the manual the problem is described in the APPLICATION CRASHES section. I now tested a few missions it is always different sometimes it works sometimes not.

• Like 1

I read the section in the owner's manual you mentioned. Definitely a possibility for crashes. Sometimes it crashes, try again, it works. 🤷‍♂️

As you said, probably a coincidence when I had no crashes using your 1.0.1 Fix.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

If you are using Heroes Unleashed version 1.0.1 this is a default setting IIRC.
From the HU manual:

• Some audio-visual feedback (e.g. on-screen text messages and voice

confirmation of kills) is removed / randomized to limit diversion,

raise immersion, and to improve overall suspense and realism (e.g.

without kill confirmation you can never be sure whether a distant

threat has been eliminated unless you confirm the kill yourself).

Using mods without this feature:
There is a mod in the d/l section that does this. All players need it to work.
Not A Game(NAG) by Doc Caliban
https://www.ghostrecon.net/files2/index.php?act=view&id=1397
Unfortunately the link is broken but I reported it. They may have it fixed in a day or two.

Edited by wombat50
  • Like 1

well that should be very easy replace your game name with a blank character for SP

For Multiplayerservers , joining the server with a blank name does not work - there must be at least one character, such as a dot or hyphen.

no enemy sound messages load the files and copy them into the HU-Sound folder

the sounds of the warning messages have been adjusted to be soundless to make it even more exciting

Edited by Eisenhauer

Not a Game(NAG) Mod link working now thanks to Rocky.
https://www.ghostrecon.net/files2/index.php?act=view&id=1397

Use the download button about halfway down.

Features:
The mod removes all the death-related messages that scroll by in red font in the upper-left portion of the screen; it removes the red dots on the map; and it replaces the Threat Indicator with a working compass. The result is that you don't know where the enemy is unless you observe him with your own eyes. If you lose sight of him, you have to make your own guesses as to where he's gone. When in a firefight, you can only tell if you've killed him by direct observation. If you think you may have missed him, you have to decide if you should stay put for a while or risk moving on despite the uncertainty. If there is an enemy in a room (or if you don't know if there is) and you toss a frag in, you won't know what effect it had until you go look for myself.
In other words, the game isn't behaving as a video game by giving you a play-by-play of how effective, or ineffective, you are being when engaging the enemy.

IMPORTANT: For the full effect, I would encourage you to disable the 'Voice Switch' in the Sound options to eliminate any verbal messages about kills.

Edited by wombat50

Starting with the paper angel my friends have now been crashing constantly. Often when dying or hitting tab. This hasn't been a problem before and the problems continued into the next mission as well. I had them switch into compatibility mode for windows 7, but that hasn't helped.

These values can be changed in the .kit files generally found in the kit folder.

This line set to your desire and place the edited .kit file in your mod's kit folder:
      <MagazineCount>3</MagazineCount>

I accidentally set the number to 44 by mistake once.