Ghost Recon: Heroes Unleashed

ApexMods

10 hours ago, wombat50 said:

HU needs Desert Siege and Island Thunder patched to 1.4 to work. Look in the HU folder to see if it has a file named ModsCont.txt.
It needs that file to appear in the list when activating HU.

Do I install the patch the same way I installed the mods? put them in the mods folder? I am completely new to PC's Sorry. Thanks again.

I wet ahead and tried to unzip patch 1.4 and it told me I needed 1.3 first. Then when I tried to unzip them both it says I needed Ghost Recon itself. Which... i have . But on Steam.

Edited by vinitafajita

@vinitafajita

2. HU and the compatibility mods HU - Missing Desert Siege,  HU - Missing Island Thunder come as files that need to be extracted with the 7Zip program, Do you know how to unpack these file?     Putting HU.7zip in the mod folder will not work.
7Zip download link: https://www.7-zip.org/download.html
It will be the first or second one in the list depending on if your Win 10 version is 32 bit or 64 bit. The files are .exe(executable) so after downloading double click on the .exe file and it will install.

Edited by wombat50

On 09/04/2018 at 02:19, ApexMods said:

You need to put the "Heroes Unleashed" folder, the "Mp1" folder (Desert Siege), and the "Mp2" folder (Island Thunder) in the game's "Mods" folder. For a Steam installation, that should be found here:

C:\Steam\SteamApps\Common\Ghost Recon\Mods

Then start the game and activate all three in the options menu. The correct sequence is Desert Siege > Island Thunder > Heroes Unleashed (from top to bottom).

If you only have the original installers for Desert Siege and Island Thunder, they probably won't work with the Steam release of Ghost Recon. The expansions would also need to be updated (IIRC, the final Ghost Recon 1.4 patch also changed some content in the Desert Siege / Mp1 folder). Would likely be easiest to just get the expansions from Steam, too.

Hello.... GR freezes up when I attempt to play it after adding the HU mod.  I have all 3 required games purchased via Steam.  Version is v1.4.  I had no issues downloading the HU content using 7-zip.  'modscont' folder is present. The HU folder was then added to my PC's 'Steam/SteamApps/common/Ghost Recon/Mods' folder.  The other 3 games also reside there.  I opened Steam and then selected 'Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon' from my library. (Desert Seige & Island Thunder also appear there as options.)  Once GR opened I went to Options/Mods.  I then deactivated DS & IT.  I then, in order, re-activated DS, IT & activated HU.  When I go to Campaigns and attempted to play any operation, the game freezes.  When I remove or deactivate HU, all games play properly.  Any recommendations or comments are greatly appreciated!  Steve

I am operating:

Intel Core i5-3570K CPU @ 3.8Ghz

RAM: 16 GB

Windows 10 Home

Thanks a lot for all of your help recently. I was able to get someone in Germany to help me! Probably Dieter Munz.

Anyways it's really awesome I'm having fun I'm learning how to install the add-ons. I just can't understand exactly how the SP kits work you know the ones for SAS Delta Force seal team and I think possibly spetsnaz. I added all of them to the active list and maybe that's why I can't see the difference in any of them .if you could maybe give me a little bit of insight on how the add-ons work and which ones you enjoy the most that would be cool. I added the compass type B . 

• Like 1

Good to hear you have it working.

In the main folder of HU there is a file called "OPERATORS MANUAL.HTML"
Everything someone would want to know about HU is in there.
It has a extensive table of contents that will aid in navigation.
Also the search function "Ctrl + f" works in this document.
It is a regular book.

So I'm realizing that this game even as awesome as it is alone with the HU mod that it could be better with some other mods. Does anybody have any suggestions (of existing mods) that can make this game better? There's some weapons that I would like to have suppressors that don't have suppressors. I think for the sake of realism it was a good idea to not allow a red dot or holographic sights to actually zoom in all the way, however being that we are not in a real environment in a game it's not very realistic to just aim a crosshair at a target across the map neither is it very easy (making something harder doesn't make it more real). I wish that red dot or holographic sights or those that aren't an ACOG would at least offer a little bit of zoom because the human eye knows how to focus on a target in real life. For some reason I feel like there's already an add-on that exist for this. That is one of the few things that I would have kept from the original game but just minimized it instead of allowing an M4 with iron sights to zoom in half way it would only zoom in a quarter of the way. Also whenever my guys are telling me they've been spotted or somebody is wounded or they're taking fire or absolutely anything, in real life you would know what teamates are speaking to you. Heroes Unleashed does not show at all who is telling you they're under fire or who is telling you that they've arrived to their destination or who is telling you that they just confirmed a kill. Please, if you have any leads on mods that can bring this these elements back to the gameplay I would appreciate it. Thanks a lot.

By the way, if there is still somebody who makes mods for this game, is it possible to create a "thermal" vision mod? 

Post Script: In "real life"  I am a small arms expert for the disclaimer. An ACOG site offers 3x-4x zoom. So it should offer some zoom in the game, but a rifle or submachine gun with iron sights or a regular 5 MOA or 3 MOA Red-dot/Holographic sight should also offer a little bit of zoom (in the game) to simulate the focus of the human eye on an object or person. Not to simulate magnification

Edited by vinitafajita
Typos.

On 23/11/2019 at 01:23, vinitafajita said:

Thanks a lot for all of your help recently. I was able to get someone in Germany to help me! Probably Dieter Munz.

Anyways it's really awesome I'm having fun I'm learning how to install the add-ons. I just can't understand exactly how the SP kits work you know the ones for SAS Delta Force seal team and I think possibly spetsnaz. I added all of them to the active list and maybe that's why I can't see the difference in any of them .if you could maybe give me a little bit of insight on how the add-ons work and which ones you enjoy the most that would be cool. I added the compass type B . 

You can call me Eisenhauer ! And it was a hard piece of work to bring your confused installation back into the loht. But after two hours of communication we made it. And on top of that you are now proud owner of DS+IT full version and not only the dummy files of HU-XTRAS.417025D16DDDED7B1260FC98345EDEC9889A8694

• Like 1

• 4 months later...

Hey guys...

I install GR GOLD, fresh install from brand new purchase, then HU and HX5.

Cant see enemies on map which is part of HU i assume..the thing is, i use to see enemies AND objectives from playing HU before...

Not seeing the hostages or any objectives is a pain rite now, i read the readme and search with no clue so far...

Anyone?
Please?

:)

Hey pagey! Go to HU/Shell / Art folder and delete cmi.rsb and that will let enemies, hostages etc show on the command map.
The game will then use the cmi.rsb in the Ghost Recon\Data\Shell\Art folder

• Like 1

Hey Wombat....!

Works...!!!
thanks so much...what wd be GR.NET without your assistance.....:)

Its ur HU usb drive im using btw, thanks again for that...:P

I also install your HU mod v4 for less restrictive scope view, much better now.

I install HX5 becoz, when playing with HU and HX5 i prefer the classes it uses when bringing AI backup, compare to just HU activated...

i ike the weapon too..

• Like 2

Yep...a Classic one for sure. Harntrox is a legend lol...One of the first i think) to use all the possible randomness in GR but didnt include it in his SAR gametype in HX5. And other gametype.

Its include in missionHX tough but mod was buggy because of the different map size.
HU corected that..:)

Now i can play Castle day SAR (forever) and never play the same thing twice...And i see stuff and enemies behavior i dont see usually...:)
Ill never get bored of this..:)

The moddable randomness of GR is for me, by far,  one of the greatest part of the game.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, pagey said:

Now i can play Castle day SAR (forever) and never play the same thing twice...And i see stuff and enemies behavior i dont see usually...:)
Ill never get bored of this..:)

You make me want to play this now....is this in HX5?

Just about had a heart attack there. I played HX Castle day, had to plant a demo and recon an area. After setting the demo. I forgot it would self ignite after a few seconds, nearly had a heart attack when it blew up next to me when I was trying to be stealthy.

• Like 1

Yes. ... its called POW Rescue gametype in HX5,

EDIT:  

but with HU, you can virually play anythin from SAR to other gametypes, 
like DEMO and others. And its a new story each time, a real new story..:) Fer me no other game i know can give you that control over gameplay...:)
Ans like i said the enemies behavior  from random in the game makes it  really fun. Really...:)

The SAR in HU has 3 levels you can pick it too..from SAR, SARXL, SAR XXL for larger maps of for more enemies and harder missions..

HU SAR gave , 2 or 3 hostages depending on levels, H5,  give 3 hostages on all maps, but static insertion for the player.

Please go give a try lol.

Edited by pagey

I gave it a go but not very successfully.

On the first mission, it said rescue 3 POW, but there were only two so the mission never ended.

On the 2nd one, it said rescue 3 but there was only one, and when I went to get him out of the house - he was invisible! He was on the map as a yellow dot, and I could hear him talking - but no actor!

Weird.

Hmm ill chck it out, it was runnin perfectly lst year with the same install im sure,   me too im having little issues, i installed everything yesterday.
For me rite now i only have ONE hostie on map i just noticed it...., even on XL and XXL and im sure it was given 2-3 hosties back then...and more enemies...

Ill try to find why...Invisible hostie happened tough in HU when youre very close, but then chck map and bump him.

We play some HX gametypes. In the Mission HX mod either in the briefing or at the very beginning the player or players were cautioned to wait in place for 10 seconds.
Occasionally we have the problem when starting a HX gametype(in HX5) we will be all bunched together and can not get unstuck. If we will wait 10 seconds it usually sorts itself out. Maybe something similar is going on here in the last two posts? Just a guess.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 24/06/2018 at 21:51, shakealeg1212 said:

has anyone here tried the No Crosshairs Add-on mod? i cant seem to get it working and i've tried both the 16x9 and 16x10 options. 

to clarify I'm trying to get rid of the red crosshairs and use only the reticles in the optics; i assume that is the function of the no crosshairs mod..

The „No Crosshairs“ addon only removes the black crosshairs when zoomed. You’re looking for „No Reticle Pips“, which is coming shortly, among other things... 🙂