Ghost Recon: Heroes Unleashed

ApexMods

Minor bug with the 3Ca1 and 3Ca1SD sniper rifle.
I have my binds set to zoom with my mouse scroll wheel, I think the default is 'R' on the KB.
The 3Ca1 and SD will zoom with the R key but not the scroll wheel unlike most weapons that have a zoom. 

Settings in the gun file look like this:
    <ZoomSettings>
        <Zoom>1.0</Zoom>
        <Zoom>10.0</Zoom>

</ZoomSettings>

With this change in settings the scroll wheel works for zooming.
    <ZoomSettings>
        <Zoom>1.0</Zoom>
        <Zoom>10.0</Zoom>
        <Zoom>10.0</Zoom>
    </ZoomSettings>

Another minor detail with this kit, 10a-oicwke-oicwhe.kit.
Using it in  a custom .kil file. It is assigned 54 gl rounds and 200 rds for the rifle.
When switching from gl back to rifle there are no rounds left in the magazine an a reload is required. 

Edited by wombat50

• 5 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

First of all... Darn!!! Probably the best mod out there!! Love the kits, the rides, the intro movies, everything!!! (well... always hated the ACU hehehehehe)...

Since I've never liked the ACU pattern (even when it was first deployed) the skin pack by Jack Wachter (Tertia Optio) simply saved the day!! Until this moment my absolute favorite skin was the OD one from Blood Oil and the 1990 Black Hawk Down... now I've got a new one heheheheh...

I did have one issue with the polling center mission... all the characters were glued to the ground once they were out of the little bird, so after 6 or 7 tries I gave up and "autowin" the mission :(
 The rest of the mod was really cool... in fact I'm re-installing all the campaigns mods in the site so I can play them again with HU (and Tertia Optio of course).

One more thing... GO BLACK SABBATH!!! hehehehhe

(Sorry for the english... it's not my mother tongue)

Thanks Apex for all the work!!!!!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

So, it seems that i can play any "mission" gamemode in single player, and ever since i deactivated the mod to play some vanilla ghost recon (after having loads of trouble getting the game to run after that), now with the mod installed again, i cant play any other gamemode except for "mission". I'm trying to load a firefight on the training map for example, and whenever i confirm that to go to the briefing screen, the game just crashes back to my desktop. Any help?

Update: the "misson" gamemodes will load to the breifing screen, but will crash when i go to my team selection. the only ones that work are the vanilla missions. ive tried uninstalling all dlc, deleting their respective files, and reinstalling them, also reinstalling vanilla ghost recon and heroes unleashed, still no fix.

Edited by jdc733
clarity

• 1 month later...

Is there a list anywhere, of what other SP campaigns are compatible with this? I have been picking campaigns at random and prioritizing HU above the campaign I picked. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. I love the weapons and everything in HU, and especially I love that the bad guys can't shoot you through the left eye socket with a pistol at 100 meters, at night in the rain. I'd just like to be able to use HU in conjunction with other community-created campaigns, if that makes sense.

• 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Hey guys I was just stopping in to see if maybe one of you could help me. I can't get my Heros Unleashed to work. I have tried several different ways to move my Heroes Unleashed folder into my mods folder as the instructions say. And everything appears to be there and in order but when I go to the game they are not available in the mods in the options menu. if someone could please help me get this thing running I would really appreciate it. I'm dying 😭

Thank you.

I really appreciate your response. Thank you . Here at the HU/Modscont it reads 

// Mods Contents
NAME        "Heroes Unleashed"
AUTHOR      "Copyright (c)2008-2018 ApexMods.  All Rights Reserved."
SUPPORT     "www.HeroesUnleashed.net"
VERSION     "1.0.1"
MULTIPLAYER "Server-Client"

I'm assuming this means I gotta download the 1.4 version? If  so can you provide me with a good link to it ? 

6 hours ago, wombat50 said:

HU needs Desert Siege and Island Thunder patched to 1.4 to work. Look in the HU folder to see if it has a file named ModsCont.txt.
It needs that file to appear in the list when activating HU.

Edited by vinitafajita

OK, its good you have the ModsCont.txt in the HU folder as HU will not work without it.

The 1.4 is a patch for Ghost Recon and has nothing to do with HU.

When you start GR, in the lower right hand corner of the splash screen is the version number of Ghost Recon and if all the patches have been applied the first two numbers will be 1.4.  Not sure of the full number as I'm at work.

Most importantly, do you have the Ghost Recon expansions Desert Siege and Island Thunder patched to 1.4? These are all required to play HU.

How have you installed Ghost Recon, with a set of discs or thru Steam? Since Windows 7 it matters which method you used.

Edited by wombat50
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, wombat50 said:

OK, its good you have the ModsCont.txt in the HU folder as HU will not work without it.

The 1.4 is a patch for Ghost Recon and has nothing to do with HU.

When you start GR, in the lower right hand corner of the splash screen is the version number of Ghost Recon and if all the patches have been applied the first two numbers will be 1.4.  Not sure of the full number as I'm at work.

Most importantly, do you have the Ghost Recon expansions Desert Siege and Island Thunder patched to 1.4? These are all required to play HU.

How have you installed Ghost Recon, with a set of discs or thru Steam? Since Windows 7 it matters which method you used.

And the version of Ghost Recon Heroes Unleashed that I downloaded in the instructions said that you needed neither DS or Island Thunder for it to work but if you don't have them to use the expansions which I thought I had for Island thunder in 

Heroes Unleashed/XTRAS/HU Comparability add-ons. 

I moved those files into my mods folder as instructed

Edited by vinitafajita

32 minutes ago, Rocky said:

No problem, we'll get you going...

Thanks I am here looking at the GR 1.4 Patch ... is it applicable to me even though i used steam to obtain the games? I dont have Island thunder but I have Desert seige. I thought in the instructions they were saying you no longer needed either to run HU. but it comes with them  in Heroes Unleashed 

(/XTRAS/HU Comparability add-ons. ) I downloaded the 1.4 patch. If It applies to me, I just need to know how to install the patch. 

Edited by vinitafajita