Ghost Recon: Heroes Unleashed

ApexMods

With the aid of AlexKimov I have hex edited several of the HU maps that have the issue where AI can see through the vegetation. 

So far having good results when testing. This is not an issue for PvP only for co-op and SP. 

Takes on the average 45 minutes to edit and do some testing per map. 

Most notable maps are by Tof for Trafic Colombie but there are several more. 

When ApexMods is active again I'll PM him about it. He was hoping there was a fix.

Can't thank AlexKimov enough!

• Like 1

Tested out  edited .map files correctly tagging vegetation so the AI could not see through it. Did it on a dedicated server with our weekly get together and had no issues so far. Some of the edited .map files need additional tweaking but definitely on the right path. I have gone through HU and have corrected about 3 dozen maps so far. 
Used the 010 editor and AlexKimov's .map template. Big thanks to Alex for the template, identifying the issue and how to find it and overall advice. 
Could not have done it without your work!

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Issue with the Islands_Noon and Dawn maps, 175 and 195. 
For me the ghosts don't show on the command map and several times, not always, GR will CTD when the map is initializing. 
Nothing in Ike.log.

Edited by wombat50

• 2 weeks later...

Checking in, i've spent quite a bit of time on b9 lately and have yet to encounter any bugs or glitches.(save for the few issues mentioned earlier) 

also if i get bored enough, i may make an add on mod that brings back the skill points.

Edited by shakealeg1212

First off this is amazing mod, better quality than Wildlands by far. One thing is I have never been a big fan of the ACU pattern, always thought it had the opposite effect in woodland terrain lol. I tried using the the Legacy and Alpha SP team kits in the add-on file, but it didn't do anything to the uniforms and just messed up the weapon names (it says "!find key" where the weapon name should be). I didn't see it in the mod menu either. What's the easiest way to use other uniform patterns? (in single-player) 

Edited by ac11b

• 2 weeks later...

I'm hoping that someone can help me out with this awesome GR mod...

There are a number of weapons where the magnification doesn't work, in spite of the fact that the weapons' models and icons show an ACOG system mounted atop of the weapon.  Some of the firearms I'm having non-magnification issues with are:

SR 25C

SCAR-L 16"

SCAR-HCQB 13"

MP5A5 SU231

Mk 18

M4M68

...and more...

Is there a quick fix that I can download for such non-magnifying weapons, or a config adjustment, or...?

Any detailed help will be GREATLY appreciated!

Hmm ... Let's see ...

SR-25C: I think you mean K, but any way. That one has an Aimpoint sight, not an ACOG. Aimpoints are not magnifying optics.
SCARs: Same thing, these ones have Aimpoints on them.
MP5A5 SU231: This one has a Hologrpahic sight, which IIRC if not magnifying
Mk.18: Has an Aimpoint.
M4 M68: Has a M68 sight, AKA Aimpoint.

Are there any plans to update the camouflage patterns for the uniforms?  Something along the lines of multicam...?  http://multicampattern.com/

The ACU-style had extremely unfortunate "glow in the dark" qualities to it.  It's hard to believe that it even passed out of R&D. 

This article does a GREAT job of illustrating its enormous flaws.

I swear that several months ago I saw a listing for a mod for HU that replaces the camo with something else.  It was late at night when I came across it, so I was too exhausted then to remember it now. 

Playing the default campaign for the first time using HU.  It keeps CTD every time I try to load from a prior Save.  Also, the game seems to be auto-saving every 2 min. - is this due to how HU is setup?  I don't ever recall the default GR doing auto-saving.  The type of Save I try to reload from doesn't matter; Quick Saves, the Auto Saves, etc., always CTD after the scenario has been (presumably) reloaded.

Any advice?

I have not tried the campaign, mostly play MP with friends. You can check the ike.log immediately after a crash to see if it has info. Sometimes it will and sometimes not.
It usually is the last few lines that give the hint/hints. Ignore that it can't find light halo effect as that is always in there. It will say what map is loaded then give clues if any. Ignore the IkeCrash.log. I don't think anyone ever got help out of those. Unfamiliar with the save details. 

• Like 1

Thank you Wombat50 for your help.

I tried to load the mission from an auto-save that was created at the 4:00 mark.  The loading screen appeared, and right as the mission launched, it CTD agin.

Here's the text from the Ike log:

***** User's system configuration *****
      CPU: AuthenticAMD 3206 MHz Recent AMD
      RAM: 4096 MB
      O/S: Microsoft Windows NT Family 6.1 Service Pack 1 build 7601
Ghost Recon (RELEASE)  version = 1.4.0.0(0)
RSDisplayMgr::CreateGameWindow: Creating a 1600x900 window at 0,0 on monitor Dell IN2020M_Digital attached to AMD Radeon R9 200 Series
RSDisplayMgr::CreateGameWindow: Game running on primary display Dell IN2020M_Digital attached to AMD Radeon R9 200 Series
HAL (hw vp): AMD Radeon R9 200 Series R5G6B5
RSSoundMgrPC: Selecting sound device Speakers (Realtek High Definition Audio)
   driver is {0.0.0.00000000}.{9d1ebd4c-b98b-4f53-9542-bcc7ff8195e3}
RSInputImpl: Could not acquire keyboardE_ACCESSDENIED
RSSoundMgrPC: Selecting sound device Speakers (Realtek High Definition Audio)
   driver is {0.0.0.00000000}.{9d1ebd4c-b98b-4f53-9542-bcc7ff8195e3}
Failed to Reset Device
Loading map c:\program files (x86)\steam\steamapps\common\ghost recon\mods\heroes unleashed\map\m09_swamp\m09_swamp.map
RSFILEDATA: FindFile could not find file opposing_force_120.atr
RSFILEDATA: FindFile could not find file opposing_force_1000.kit
Failed to Reset Device
RSSndMgr: Error downloading effectE_INVALIDARG
Failed to Reset Device
Loading map c:\program files (x86)\steam\steamapps\common\ghost recon\mods\heroes unleashed\map\m09_swamp\m09_swamp.map

It's failing to find opposing_force files and having an error downloading effects.

Should I download a new copy of HU, and reinstall it, or...?

I read in HU's promotions how it significantly altered the campaigns - and that's no understatement!  With the very first mission, the changes are almost immediately noticeable and VERY welcomed!  It makes me want to find a fix for the CTDs all the more desperately. 

Again, thank you for your help!

I downloaded HU again, this time from ghostrecon.net, just in case ModDB's listing is defective.

After I acquired it, I decompressed it, and did a keyword search for the two missing files, " opposing_force_120" and "opposing_force_1000" --- no luck.  Neither of those files were found.  I searched for those in case they were accidentally misplaced in the wrong folder, but they're missing altogether.

Assuming that it's these two missing files causing the CTDs, does anyone have these two files that could (hopefully) be provided here?  If so, please inform me where I need to insert them for the Campaign to function/reload properly. 

The missing opposing forces is probably an effect and not the cause of the CTD. I have seen this myself with CTD using HU.
Most of the time, for me, when a map crashes in HU I can restart the game and the map will play. Not sure the cause but I'm not playing the campaign either.
I may try the campaign to see myself. 

The ike.log you posted shows it loaded  \m09_swamp.map twice. Did it crash both times or only on the second load?
Does it always crash when the map loads or later in  the mission?

Edit: The missing opposing forces are red herrings. It is the ike.logs feeble attempt at saying something is wrong but it can't put its finger on it. 
I have seen this with other mods as well. They are fictitious.

Edited by wombat50