Ghost Recon: Heroes Unleashed

ApexMods

The next (beta-)update for Heroes Unleashed is in the works and should be ready in about a week. This is mainly going to be a bugfix release addressing any issues reported so far. Some kinks still need ironing out, but it looks like the minor problems mentioned in this thread can and will be fixed.

If you have found any other matters that you think should be addressed in this update, now would be a good time to post them. Hopefully, development can concentrate on feature expansion like mission scripting etc. after this patch, as there is still a lot of work to be done until the full release in summer. :thumbsup:

ApexMods Posted Today, 08:08 PM

If you have found any other matters that you think should be addressed in this update, now would be a good time to post them.

We have played this mod on a dedicated server for several Sundays in a row almost entirely without issues

except for these two maps in firefight mode which caused a CTD for all playing.

From the ike.logs:

1.Loading map c:\program files\red storm entertainment\ghost recon\mods\heroes unleashed\map\mlp04_persian_fortress\mlp04_persian_fortress.map

2.Loading map c:\program files\red storm entertainment\ghost recon\mods\heroes unleashed\map\bb02_woods_night\bb02_woods_night.map

When everyone readied up all CTD for the maps listed.

No errors were listed in my ike.log for either map.

We didn't try to replicate. Seems we have played the persian_fortress.map on the server before

so both CTD may be a random thing but thought I'd report it as it gave a CTD for everyone.

Both of these maps work in SP for me.

My team members and I are all very impressed with the mod.

At first I wasn't too sure about the fov for scoped weapons but have grown use to it and think it fair and reasonable solution.

The weapons and reticules look fantastic and I enjoy the weapon sounds you have added.

Of course we all like the many maps we had not seen before. :thumbsup:

We have played this mod on a dedicated server for several Sundays in a row almost entirely without issues except for these two maps in firefight mode which caused a CTD for all playing.

From the ike.logs:

1.Loading map c:\program files\red storm entertainment\ghost recon\mods\heroes unleashed\map\mlp04_persian_fortress\mlp04_persian_fortress.map

2.Loading map c:\program files\red storm entertainment\ghost recon\mods\heroes unleashed\map\bb02_woods_night\bb02_woods_night.map

When everyone readied up all CTD for the maps listed. No errors were listed in my ike.log for either map. We didn't try to replicate. Seems we have played the persian_fortress.map on the server before so both CTD may be a random thing but thought I'd report it as it gave a CTD for everyone. Both of these maps work in SP for me.

Hmm... I could not replicate any issues with the maps in question. Since December 31st I run a little dedicated server for the mod on GameRanger and join in to play a bit whenever I have a little spare time. We played both maps several times in all CO-OP game types without problems (although I noticed that the current Recon insertion/extraction in Persian Fortress does not make much sense - this will be fixed). Will have to try SOLO and TEAM modes some more, still.

My team members and I are all very impressed with the mod. At first I wasn't too sure about the fov for scoped weapons but have grown use to it and think it fair and reasonable solution. The weapons and reticules look fantastic and I enjoy the weapon sounds you have added. Of course we all like the many maps we had not seen before. :thumbsup:

Very glad you guys enjoy the mod. I am aware that the scoped FOV is a point of some debate, and it is very nice to hear that you consider the implemented solution appropriate. I literally tried dozens of different approaches to this aspect of the game, and chose the current way of representing weapon optics after long consideration and extensive testing.

The reticules are inspired by and based on Ingeloop's amazing work in this regard. When I first saw his e.g. ACOG and ELCAN reticles, I knew this was the way to go for all weapon optics. Luckily, the Internet provides quality photo examples of almost any reticle type in existence, which can be used as a base to build authentic game reticles. Sadly, this cannot be said for weapon sounds, though.

There are many weapon sound libraries out there, but many are just not authentic at all, and none that really fit Ghost Recon's sound setup. The same goes for self-recorded sounds, so although muzzle reports in Heroes are based on authentic sound samples, they all required additional sound design to make them "fit in". It is still not perfect, and some sounds will require an overhaul in the future, but I tried to get it right as far as possible and am happy you like what you hear. :)

We have also been multiplaying all the original missions through Heroes Unleashed, and it's been a treat!

Nice work, Apex, keep it up!

Thanks a lot, guys! I'm happy that you're having fun with the mod. Can't wait to finish the mission scripting for the campaign - have a couple of new ideas (and surprises) for the missions that will hopefully give everyone a reason to play them all over again. There is still so very much scripting potential for the original missions alone, that I sometimes think this will be a never-ending quest (but don't worry - they will be completed.)

p.s. You planning on adding the HH-Airport map to the collection?

Although this spoils the surprise, but yes, I am honored that H-Hour has graciously allowed me to include his excellent Airport map in Heroes Unleashed (thanks, mate!), and it will be implemented in the next update.

p.s. You planning on adding the HH-Airport map to the collection?

Although this spoils the surprise, but yes, I am honored that H-Hour has graciously allowed me to include his excellent Airport map in Heroes Unleashed (thanks, mate!), and it will be implemented in the next update.

And it's a new and improved version, too! ;)

without issues

except for these two maps in firefight mode which caused a CTD for all playing.

From the ike.logs:

1.\mlp04_persian_fortress\mlp04_persian_fortress.map

2.\bb02_woods_night\bb02_woods_night.map

I'm feeling a tad sheepish. :ermm:

We tried these maps again yesterday on the same server. No issues. :thumbsup:

Thank you, hawkeye_8083 and [srod]`. I'm glad you enjoy Heroes Unleashed. :thumbsup:

And good to hear your issues are resolved, wombat50. No reason to feel sheepish, at all. Sometimes I think Ghost Recon is a living breathing entity with inexplainable moods. No telling why it refuses to work properly, on occasion - maybe it just had a bad day. :)

On a more serious note - due to some additional real-life work load and other time-demanding circumstances the February update of Heroes Unleashed is facing a slight delay. No worries, it will stay a February update, and should be ready soon, but I had planned to get it out the door last week and that obviously did not happen. Keep your fingers crossed - hopefully next weekend I'll find the time for the finishing touches.

Hi, I'm new here, been a long time fan of Ghost Recon (and most Tom Clancy games) however me and my friends have mostly owned consoles so we have played arcade style games more.

I always wanted the realistic shooting game and missed the old Ghost Recon as GRAW was a fine game on console it lacked the open tactical stylo of the original.

Recently I jumped on a offer on Steam to get all the games for a fair price. Now I ran into this very attractive mod and was wondering if it works with the Steam version?

Also some of my friends have mac's, can mac and pc co-op together?

I'm guessing Heros Unleashed will work if the steam game came with Desert Siege, Island Thunder and patched to 1.4. Check your version in the lower right hand corner of the main menu. If it reads 1.4, you are go to go.

Otherwise get the patches in the d/l section of gr.net.

Mac's and PC's can play together. I think Apex is a Mac player so He can answer any questions about that.

`' date='Feb 6 2009, 01:13 PM' post='534750']

This mod is the best out there, over 170 kits for the rifleman alone, every class over 100 kits, it's ridiculous, over 100 maps, and the AI shoot pretty good, actually, really good, it can be frustrating at times!

lol yeah they can be pretty persistant as well. Watch for dirt kicking up around you as well.

The FileFront download links for Heroes Unleashed were broken for a couple of days. FileFront had mistakenly deleted the files, but I uploaded them again and everything should be back to normal now. Sorry for any inconvenience this may have caused.

• 2 weeks later...

First the good news: The content for the next update is ready. Now the bad news: The update installer for PC still gives us trouble. We are working hard to overcome the issue, but it will require some additional time, so there is yet another delay. Hopefully, this is fixable in a couple of days, so please keep your fingers crossed that the update can be released this weekend.

OK Apex made me change my awesome sig to this new one that . in MY opinion lacks something that I just can't pinpoint. Oh wait... wheres that pink marker....

Wow... what a nice sig, Crash! :rofl:

Yep, I run a tight ship! Gotta keep order around here! ;)

Come on - you have to admit this one is nicer - even without the pink marker!

Still working on the updater applications, but should be ready tomorrow. You have the pre-release, so your TechWarriorZ can play the new version already- it's really just minor installation quirks I'm working on. You know - it has to be perfect.

:)

Here it is - the next (beta!) version of Heroes Unleashed (v1.0.0b4). It contains a number of bug fixes and fine-tuning of many features, plus there are new maps, weapons, and a couple of game types for you to enjoy.

The update comes as installer applications for Mac and PC that automatically patch your installation of Heroes Unleashed v1.0.0b3 to the new version 1.0.0b4. Below are the first couple of download links.

Have fun with a new version of Heroes Unleashed! :thumbsup: