regards/ ingeloop

i may have broken the rules, but hey, sue me :) [GR] rocks on!!! :thumbsup:

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Sorry for the very late entry.  This is a nearly impossible list to narrow to one person.  Every single one on this list contributed in incredible ways that were not only enjoyed by others but they

Three cheers for Wombat

I'm having a bit of trouble editing OPs at the moment, so I can't add him to the list there just yet, but I hereby irrevocably nominate wombat50 to the Hall of Fame, for his invaluable contributions t

Monoman, who has created, converted, supported, and collaborated on so many Ghost Recon mods for Mac. His Mac Gaming Mods web site is hosting many essential downloads for Mac GR gamers since the game's release, and the online Mac GR gaming community would certainly not be the same without him.

GRPA Mod

X|Map Pack

being a rookie around here and since everyone has listed anyone I would have a clue about (whomever did Frostbite were awesome) Also YOTM and Centcom are some of my favorites and are shoe ins. I am sure these dont fall under mods but They are things me n my friends always play and always use everyday we play GR. So Someone please add these as well. For they are 2 products we always play and for the layman like me are essential.

AFZ Gametypes

DeadPreachers maps

Also who ever did the UADD Gridmaps (Hope I got that name right)

Like I said not quite sure who made these but I drop them in pretty much everything I play.

Thanks for your contributions, njmatrix.

I have found DeadPreacher's "Preacher's Maps" mod here at GR.net. Will try to locate the other ones you mentioned too, so we can properly list the author.

The AFZ game types are probably by AttackForceZ, but I want to make sure. I recall some *AFZ* clan members visit here quite regularly, so maybe they could confirm this.

It's nice to see =DRAG= Raven get recognized. I doubt that a lot of folks even remember =DRAG= or the stuff that he and and the rest of us in =DRAG= did, but =DRAG= led the way in innovative modding. Raven found ways to do things that no one else had done before. If we could think of an idea, Raven could find away to get it done, or find someone to help us do it. What an incredible time to be a modder that was! While I was usually crunching numbers for ballistics or working in PhotoShop, Raven was churning out new weapon models or collaborating with other folks to help us do things like Robocop (which I don't think ever got released).

IMO, Raven is the great-grandfather of Ghost Recon modding. =DRAG= started as just Raven and myself, but in time, we worked with almost every major player in the early days of GR modding. Bajabravo, Wolfsong, Harntrox, DonMiguel, Oso, the list goes on and on. So many of us got introduced to each other through Raven. It was he who introduced me to DonMiguel, Oso, and BajaBravo. His name should be at the top of the list, followed by DonMiguel, Oso Wolfsong, Mike Schell, and BajaBravo. So many people have done some amazing things, but those guys really are the ones who paved the way.

Lest anyone asks -- no, this is in no way a pitch for myself. I did contribute to a large number of very big projects (such as Canadian Ops 2, Black Sun, and WOI) and there was a time when I thought of myself as being a "big name" modder. In retrospect though, the ballistics calculations that I worked out aren't really that important to Ghost Recon, nor are the few other little odds and ends that I did. Raven, Mike Schell, BajaBravo, Wolfsong, Oso, Piggyson (God bless Piggyson!), and the other people that truly made modding possible in GR's early days are the people who sit in my personal hall of fame.

Edited by Parabellum

Para, you are the man behind the most innovative GR project never released!

Apart from that you were a contributor to other mods, your name is indeed an omission!!

Parabellum!

I nominate Tim Leary

Nice one :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Apart from that you were a contributor to other mods, your name is indeed an omission!!

Parabellum!

Hah! Thanks Rocky, but in all honesty, the true magic of DYNACOMP was in the mission scripters, and in DonMiguel's launcher. I still have the last WIP candidate on a disc somewhere, and I wish that you could see the wonderful things that the team did. We lacked a few more scripters, or the mod would have been released. :) Anything that I said "Hey, can we do this?", DonMiguel found a way. So again, I say, he's the man.

the ballistics calculations that I worked out aren't really that important to Ghost Recon, nor are the few other little odds and ends that I did.
I beg to differ! Where would weapon modding be without your calculations?!?!

Parabellum!

x2! :thumbsup:

Alpha Squad has been mentioned,but I've not seen any of the members names brought up,so I'll start it off with the first that I remember having a big hand in scripting the early tournament missions. Lets all give a nod and hoora tooooooooooooo..................................................................

Chavez_AS

There are others,and I plan to mention them(per topic rules) when it's my turn again.

Best regards

4X

Bad oversight to wait this long for Chavez..

lets continue with scripters who may not have been mentioned yet...

NGRU Crazy1

NGRU 2pt

OG Gulf Zero - SBTO

these guys were also about pushing IGOR as were others mentioned above....

If anyone has NGRU Crasy1's Castle Mania mission there is a mission worth finding and getting back on line...forgive me Rocky if its in one of the mods online already..

mig :ph34r:

4x' date='Jan 14 2009, 11:26 PM' post='532960']

We're missing some kinda obvious ones

Havent seen Serellan mentioned yet......................whaaaaaaaaat ya'll got your head up your arses >_< or just mental block done kicked in ? :lol:

Well, thanks, but I only ever technically released one minor mod for GR. :) Don't think I belong on this list.

Now RS... :D:D

I'll put a shout out to Para too. He was more hands on then he likes to admit with some of the biggest projects (or unofficial expansions) released for the original GR. And Para, the ballistical calc we did has been used more times than I can count (at least by the number of messages and emails I've received over the years of modding thanking us for making it). So you are definately one of the cornerstones of [GR]'s modding scene.

(and I thought real hard about releasing a dynamod campaign editor a couple years back that gave the "dyna" concept ability to any modder that wanted it. but I'm lazy now and didn't do it, LOL :P)

Havent seen Serellan mentioned yet......................whaaaaaaaaat ya'll got your head up your arses >_< or just mental block done kicked in ? :lol:

Well, thanks, but I only ever technically released one minor mod for GR. :) Don't think I belong on this list.

I stand corrected,however having a look through the GR mod forums here reveals that you have indeed helped others with your knowledge. And who knows,without said help their mods might not have been released ? So I thank you for your contribution . :thumbsup:

4x' date='Jan 15 2009, 10:49 AM' post='533014']

I stand corrected,however having a look through the GR mod forums here reveals that you have indeed helped others with your knowledge. And who knows,without said help their mods might not have been released ? So I thank you for your contribution . :thumbsup:

Beyond that, some of us got into modding Red Storm games because of Serellan. Regardless of how much you released, Serellan, you helped to influence a great many modders.

dunno if he's been mentioned yet or not, but Mike Schell. Without him many of us that started modding GR at the very beginning would've been unable to. It was his tools that gave us the ability to get a head start before the long wait for RSE's tools.

Also have to mention Piggyson, while he wasn't actively modding, his tutorials and tool tips gave a good many of us the insight and knowledge in GR modding to explore new things.

• 2 weeks later...

To all the map makers - I wouldnt have had the inspiration to make missions nor play GR for so long without you guys.

I still see new maps now that I haven't played on that give me a desire to script again.

thanks heaps - my scripting is nothing compared to what you guys have done for the community.