Ghost Recon Modders Hall Of Fame

ApexMods

To all the map makers - I wouldnt have had the inspiration to make missions nor play GR for so long without you guys.

Hear hear! :yes:

I still see new maps now that I haven't played on that give me a desire to script again.

I sure hope you follow that desire, soon! :)

thanks heaps - my scripting is nothing compared to what you guys have done for the community.

Admittedly, the countless new maps expanded Ghost Recon's horizon immensely, but on the other hand - where would GR be today without all the superb campaigns and missions that have been scripted for all those maps? I think it is just a perfect synergy between the (map) modelers and (mission) scripters that has driven this game far beyond its original scope and realized that nearly infinite replayablility we can find in Ghost Recon, today.

Here's another modder who must not be forgotten in the Ghost Recon Modders Hall of Fame:

Rebar, for his outstanding efforts in so many mods.

ARVN - Army of the Republic of Vietnam (YOTM Expansion)

Ghost Recon Trilogy

Ranger Mod for War of Infamy

War of Infamy / Frostbite Add-On

Year of the Monkey (YOTM)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Remembering back... if there was one GR modder who really opened my eyes to what GR could do, it was Mauti.

Over at DAMN, while I was still stuck with GR on a steam-powered Mac, he talked me through all the technical bits of getting Frostbite to run on the Apple system, going to an outrageous helluva lot of trouble for a complete noob stranger.

That mod showed me what GR really could do, and the GR community too: OK, so a year or so later it seemed a good idea to move over to PCs for my writing business, but it may have been something to do with IGOR and modding being PC-based too...

BIG THANKS, Mauti. You clinched this one for me.

:thumbsup:

Theo

PS: the fact that I've yet to release a campaign to anyone except beta testers should be neither here nor there <wince>

Edited by TheoRetiKule

i know this wont be popular, but i'm gonna nominate everyone who has ever made any effort towards or taken part in the making of a mod. (this way everyone gets a shout out, past and present)

thank you all. :thumbsup:

I second that! :D I'd like to give shout outs to *everyone* involved with GR mods. From the person whose idea generated others with the skills to do the work, to the graphics gods who create the maps, models, textures, characters, to the scriptors who make the missions & game types, to the play testers, to the end players who shout out "Great Job! Awesome!" and the inevitable "We Want More!". If it weren't for everyone the mod state we find ourselves in would be far less, and it is the encouragement from the community at large that keeps a lot of people going on continuing add-ons to this great game. I'd also like to tip my hat to those "shade-tree" modders who have done work on a small scale for their small gaming groups, whose work may not have reached the rest of the GR world.

Also, let's not forget some of the great players who have helped the community with their comments, walkthroughs, and multitude of suggestions. Many are modders themselves but not everyone, but their contributions have kept the game going too.

I can't pick just *one* person as everyone stands out to me for one reason or many. I do remember though, when wondering if I was good enough for the competitive tourneys, browsing through the pages of this site and seeing Soto's walkthroughs. At the time I was considering myself lucky to get through M10-Vilnius with my squad intact in SP, and here was a player that does it (successfully) with one team member in SP with an M4/AT kit...I was like WOW! There's a goal to set for myself, and his Scout/Sniper mod has never left the mod folder on any of the machines I've had GR installed on.

The fact that mods were capable of being done w/o reprogramming the game was something new back then, and the releases of mods over the years has kept the game playable and enjoyable. My hats off to the scriptors who take an old map and make it new. It keeps us on our toes and takes care of that wondering "Am I really good, or do I just know where everything is at 'cause I've done this map so many times?"

Edited by P@LaD!n

all of Alpha Squad and the other Tourney hosters who spent countless hours building, testing, hosting, and scoring tournaments.

and yeh, to the players of COOP who taught me to play the way it was meant to be played.

after years of MP with respawns, COOP reinvented GR for me for another few years and inspired me to mod missions and campaigns and tourneys.

AS was largely responsible for all of that - thanx Bughler, Robalo, Chavez, Das Limpet, Cruusher, AT, 2VP, Billybob, and Creatch and SimDood for a while there and all the other guys who played on their servers. Love you all.

• 1 month later...

Picking just one is kinda hard for me, I like all the mods I have played and in some cases they were a collaboration of several peoples efforts and time. So while it is against the rules of the thread I would like to thank them all for their hard works and the time they have invested in making my gaming enjoyable.

Just one?

Harntrox...

Just for the random stuff he brought, It was so... ''refreshing'' like someone said.

Mission HX is such a cool mod.

Hats off to all the others anyway. :)

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I'm thankful for all modders who spent their time creating a mod for GR. But if I had to name one it would be SIXPENCE. His mods gave me the best time in Ghost Recon.

But again, thanks to everyone who afforded that this game didn't end after Island Thunder!

Edited by Twiller

• 1 month later...

wow! what a difficult choice. truly thankful to all modders who made the game so enjoyable. to have to pick just one is challenging at best. i would have to make my vote for my fellow canadian, bajabravo. starting with sabre teams, then the canops mods, and probably other mods that i cant remember. it seems that after sabre teams, that it opened the door for other countries and modders to make skins/mods for their countries. being a ex military person it was nice to see some of the old equipment that i used ( fnc1a1). to be honest this was a extremely hard choice to make, if i had another vote it would defineatly go to sixpence, who seemed to grab the ball and run with it.

thankyou to all modders, your work is enjoyed by all !!!

wolverine

• 6 months later...

Flattered to be mentioned, though not sure I belong amongst the names mentioned here. I couldn't name just one, but Jack57, Cobaka, Wolfsong, and couple of others whose names escape me at the moment were the cats I always remember answering the questions, spending the time in the forums that made the community strong, encouraging new modders. All the other cats like Chavez, Oso, the Don, Harn, Para, Cocobolo and others kept it alive through lots of hard work. I've been lucky to work with a few of these guys and to know them via this board over the years. All the people who wrote tutorials and walk throughs deserve credit too. Rocky for pulling us all together and dealing with the bad children when they get out of line. My good buddy Dannik for being the inventor of google. hehe. Each person played a role in moving the modding of GR forward, I can't pick one. Sorry.

This is a very nice idea with a single failing, for we are bound to forget someone... Just by looking at the list I came up with four names that are not there, yet have all rights to be:

- Slugg

- 10mm Auto

- Battleborne

- Lisa2ck

If somebody is unsure why these names should be on the list, I will point finger at d/l section of GRnet. And if that is not enough, I will be happy to elaborate about each of the above noted names.

:thumbsup:

Hehe, cheers, kind sir! There is so many people who contributed - it is just amazing.

When I think about games that outlived its own expiration date I think about GR and NWN. Now, while in my mind they are both very good games, they would never be what they are, or live for as long as they have, if it wasn't for these two reasons - community and modability. As far as the GR is concerned, it is this very site that was heart and soul of the GR community. It provided home for everything that followed for so many years. Community and especially wonderful moders did the rest - hundreds and hundreds and hundreds of modifications...

Again, it is amazing story, and again, thank you, for everything you have done, kind sir :thumbsup:

Edited by Vozd

• 2 weeks later...
  • 11 months later...