anyone interested in Modteam ?

thanks heaps - will contact him for sure.

potential working title for a ModTeam -

'Ghosts in the Arma'

kwik question - I have always disliked the fact that I have to play as US soldier - I'm Aussie after all. Im sure many others feel like this.

in GR you could only choose one camo basically - is it possible in Arma to create a multinational Ghost Team?

You can do that easily mate, just add whatever units you want and set them as playable, if you were feeling particularly nasty you could even allow a spot on the red side for a sniper to hunt you down while you're playing your coop mission.

If you want to play as the Aussies this might interest you

http://www.armedassault.info/index.php?cat=news&id=379

Edited by CrowmanUK

so it would be possible to run a platoon with say German, UK, US, Australian, Dutch flags etc and players could choose which uniform they wanted on the fly?

although, maybe better if we design a unique Ghost multinational skin.

also read recently that Ghosts got their names for possibly several reasons - but one of them was possibly becoz they painted on face paint with skull looking faces to scare enemy - surviving tangoes would tell their comrades about this force of death - the Ghosts.

As long as you've got the addons installed you could start a mission with 20 slots and pick what you want from the skin packs. Obviously once you've made those choices when you make the mission they are set in stone at the game start screen. So if you've picked 10 adf sniper kits and 5 usmc spotters then thats all you'll be able to pick from.

Its probably easier to make the intro so you can pick what weapons you want or have crates in game with all the gear in.

You can have custom faces too, making them isnt that hard, you have a template and just add bits to it.

yep - but we will be looking for a complete package that suits GR fans.

once the pack is up and running, i will build a tournament around the mod to generate the publicity to draw the players in.

im v excited about this.

kwik question - is it possible to add new objects such as buildings, tents, bases basically to the map as you create new missions, or are they all fixed?

People... Why can't you make one for arma?... Instead of arma II for the time being... Then you might be able to just port everything to arma II, save the time?... :whistle:

I could drop in a few tips with editing and how to use .sqs and .sqf files... :whistle:

Co-Operative tournaments where individual stats, while tabulated (for bragging rights only), do not net personal points or unlock weapons, etc.; only the units actions as a whole -both accomplishments and failures- determine the conditions of the next mission, the result of the campaign.

____

This would probably never fly, but has a no-respawn campaign co-op ever been attempted?

A lottery of sorts could be set up to determine the original elements members and if and when those players are lost they are lost for the duration and the unit either carries on with the mission, or if the losses are too great, retrogrades.

As the loss occurs -and based on the mission/campaign progress and/or script variables- those losses are replaced by the next player(s) in queue, either at a staging area (not Spawned On Leader) in the present mission- slot to be filled by an observer in the JIP setup lobby, or at the beginning of the next?

Make leadership count...since he gets to call all the shots out there there should be some accountability...pull up short on one too many objectives or lose too many men with bonehead moves, and the PL/SL faces demotion to assistant gunner - or kick vote.

On the up side, something like this would tend to encourage teamwork and discourage some of the risk-taking that goes on -life is precious, even online...the down side is that these conditions would amount to alot of frustrating hurry up and waiting for those sad saps who drew a short straw as well as fly smack dab right into that 1-2 hour window of yours (with all of the additional low-crawling :tumbleweed: ).

____

Just throwing it out there to see if anything sticks.

@ NoQuarter -

Throw it, throw it - that's what it's all about.

I'm thinking maybe you never did Alpha Squad, +SD, or any of my Tournaments in Ghost Recon.

They were all no respawn missions - you insert with one platoon and server locked - observers along for the ride or replays recorded as proof of mission outcome.

You choose which objectives to do, how far to push the limit - risk versus reward.

You cannot win without teamwork, period.

It is the only way to play a Coop Tournament - and can it be modded into Arma - why not?

@ squad_e -

That is the plan actually - I bought Arma today and plan to start learning and building missions in Arma which might be imported later into Arma2, or rebuilt in Arma2.

I figure its going to take a while to learn the tool properly, but looking forward to creating GR-style play.

Obviously, the more ppl who jump on board the better - sharing ideas, sharing work, learning as a team, sharing knowledge, etc etc

@ NoQuarter -

I'm thinking maybe you never did Alpha Squad, +SD, or any of my Tournaments in Ghost Recon.

I think he knows them well. But is implying Arma has never had this sort of coop tournie, with no respawns.

Maybe you are to go outside of Gr.Net with this? Useful place to post for modders: LINK

Good luck

• 2 weeks later...