What A World We Live In.

Papa6

I can't believe the world that we live in. there was an incident that happened at my work that I'll explain what happened. but mostly I need to get this off my chest.

I had an argument with a co worker which lead to her taking some implements at work and striking me with them. AS a man I knew to never hit back as I being the man, would be automatically in the wrong. But she struck me twice with a work tool then, she set it down and walked around the table to my side where I was and started to flail her arms trying to hit me, which she did get a lick or two in. again, as being the man, i never hit her once as I know that I would be made out the bad guy if I had hit her. after things settled, I went to the emergency room and had a deep, bone contusion on my thumb and couldn't move it or use it, let alone use the hand. doctor send me home for a couple days and upon returning I filed an assault report with security and the provost marshals office.

Today;

What i neglected to say is, she's black. but what disgusts me is, people who were there, a couple of them are taking her side as well as other black people who weren't privy to the incident and weren't there. most didn't even see what happened so based upon word of mouth they are judging me. they are only standing on her side because of her color and being one of them. the most ugly racist situation I've EVER seen. nobody seems to care about the truth, they seem more concerned just for "their own". needless to say but I'm REALLY having a bad taste in my mouth towards black folks and I probably shouldn't but, when an incident goes from being what it was to changing into a matter of skin color, well, it makes me want to vomit.

last word I got is, I'll be moved into another section away from these arses and HOPEFULLY get my piece of mind. but this whole group on her side is a clique, all of them of the same race and they are rank and file behind her.

I spit on them all! :rant:

You should have called the police right then and there, before going to the doctor and let HR know what happened.

I agree, I hate it when people use race as an answer for such antics. F-em mate. You should still press charges against her and then present here with a case to pay for the medical needs you have now.

What i neglected to say is, she's black. but what disgusts me is, people who were there, a couple of them are taking her side as well as other black people who weren't privy to the incident and weren't there. most didn't even see what happened so based upon word of mouth they are judging me. they are only standing on her side because of her color and being one of them. the most ugly racist situation I've EVER seen. nobody seems to care about the truth, they seem more concerned just for "their own".

Too many still continue to take what they see/hear for face value, and judge people accordingly. The truth is within, we must look beneath the surface to find it because the surface can hide many lies. My philosophy is, nobody knows you like you do, so who is anybody else to judge you?

I have been subject to more of less the same situation before because of the music I follow. Seriously. They say my music is violent etc. Our kind, those that follow, do not harm anyone, yet the 'outsiders' become violent with us when they hear our music. Although some of it IS coming from within recently, more specifically from the pretenders/wannabes. These situations and even some wars are started over such petty things.

Edited by WytchDokta

Well if she assaulted you that would be a case for instant dismissal, you should have reported it to your manager and she should have been sacked on the spot. Your employer has a duty of care to its employees and allowing you to be assaulted and carrying on to employ the person who assaulted you is wrong.

First of all, relax - take a deep breath, gather your strength and senses, call a good lawyer, and then:

- Sue her and her friends for "hate crime" against you and demand monetary compensation

- Sue your colleagues for not helping and false accusations against you and demand monetary compensation

- Sue your employer for not doing anything about it and demand monetary compensation

If you let things like this pass over without an adequate reaction, you become responsible for the lamented state of the world (see my signature). You have my sympathies and I wish you the best of luck!

First of all, relax - take a deep breath, gather your strength and senses, call a good lawyer, and then:

- Sue her and her friends for "hate crime" against you and demand monetary compensation

- Sue your colleagues for not helping and false accusations against you and demand monetary compensation

- Sue your employer for not doing anything about it and demand monetary compensation

If you let things like this pass over without an adequate reaction, you become responsible for the lamented state of the world (see my signature). You have my sympathies and I wish you the best of luck!

It's ironic how people change when you threaten to file a lawsuit against/threaten to sue them.

Edited by WytchDokta

Raw deal, Papa6, and I would agree with some of the other posts that you should not drop it or let it rest but to make every effort to get your side of the situation known, as high as possible, and with as large a paper trail as you can manage. Because if you don't, more than likely than not the incident could be turned against you in the future.

I would not make too much of an issue of race and gender however, because in todays climate you will lose points, and probably the argument, by even bringing them up, no matter how relevant they are to the case.

Don't you work in the VA? They have a whole dept. devoted to this type of stuff.

Chris,

In this day and age you could have and should have thumped her as hard as you can - I don't advocate the beating of anyone regardless of gender but if they are assaulting you then you have the right to defend yourself.

I'd not blink an eyelid - she'd certainly stop hitting me :brucelee: .

As for the Race card - it's the same over here. An excuse for some people to behave in a disgustibng manner and then try to pass the buck in order to avoid blame. But, it works both ways and surely you could put a claim that you were assaulted due to your colour?

Hope all is well with you over there, MSN me when you see me online.

Rich

not that it changes the point of your story...

...but out of curiosity...

...when you say implement...do you mean like a stapler...or a shovel. I mean, I don't know what line of work you're in so I don't know exactly what an implement is...

Hitting her back might have been questionable whether it was right or wrong; justified or not justified...but not hitting her back is always right...remember though, in this day and age...sometimes our "words" can get us in as much trouble as our actions...whether that's fair or not is irrelevant...it's just the way it is.

Hope your doing well and things are better for you...

Welcome to America. If you're white, you're fair game my friend.
I've been subjected to all sorts of subtle and not so subtle prejudices, comments and remarks whilst living in America, even by the military :lol: The ignorance behind it makes me laugh at times because they are so dum. I'd like to think it was just isolated to the 'South'. Fortunately I don't see it too much. It cracks me up when I sense people are concerned if they think they've over stepped the mark PC-wise and then I see the sigh of relief in their eyes when I just agree and go along with their jibes and banter.

It helps in the workplace if your boss and people around you are all on the same wave length and know each other well that enough, that when words or actions could be interpreted by an outsider as harsh or severe, they just shrug it off.

@P6 the world's not fair and even if you believe you've done or are doing the right thing in your life, there's always some b-###### out there that's more than happy to pull the rug from under your feet, take advantage of you or seize an opportunity to screw you over and you'd be a fool not to take such things personally. In the Legal 'industry' there is no such thing as impartiality or fairness. It usually boils down to money and that's where you find human nature at its weakest.

DS

A stapler can be as deadly as a shovel, when put in the right set of hands.

- Mr. Miagi

I was reading the thread with great care and concern only to reach your post and literally laugh out loud, I could hear his voice and imagine him holding the stapler while instructing on its power :lol:

I've been subjected to all sorts of subtle and not so subtle prejudices, comments and remarks whilst living in America...The ignorance behind it makes me laugh at times because they are so dum. I'd like to think it was just isolated to the 'South'.

Ya state you've been the subject of prejudice, and then supply your own. N1 :thumbsup:

Ya state you've been the subject of prejudice, and then supply your own. N1 :thumbsup:
You've lost me there, unless you mean my 'South' comment! I'm not prejudiced towards the south. For one thing I'm not American and for another I've only ever lived in the south. If I'd lived in other regions of the US then it could be seen as prejudice.

Perhaps I should have used words "the parts of the US I've lived".....and then you wouldn't be on my case about....nothing. :rolleyes:

DS

It dont matter about the color here she assulted you and brought harm to you. It dont matter if you where calling her ever colored word in the book. It still doesnt give her the right to do physical harm to noone. I don't know what you did to get her all wond up if anything, but she is still in the wrong and should be fired and charges included. If she had a problem with you she should filed a complant. Plus you should of called the cops right than and there unless you had to go to the hospital right away yet even still you should of had the cops as soon as you could. Even if you waited afew days which you shouldnt of have you still should press the issue and leave the race thing alone and just keep it for what it was assult and bodily harm!

I would'a knocked that $%#& to the ground, then go find some dimension lumber to finish the job!

Or a face full of DPS Foam.

But now that its over - I'd sue and cha-ching.

lol, see! That's the problem with our litigious society. Nobody can take hit without whining to their lawyer. It's turned everyone into a big (insert desired body part here) :devil: (jk)

Welcome to America. If you're white, you're fair game my friend.
I've been subjected to all sorts of subtle and not so subtle prejudices, comments and remarks whilst living in America, even by the military :lol: The ignorance behind it makes me laugh at times because they are so dum. I'd like to think it was just isolated to the 'South'. Fortunately I don't see it too much. It cracks me up when I sense people are concerned if they think they've over stepped the mark PC-wise and then I see the sigh of relief in their eyes when I just agree and go along with their jibes and banter.

It helps in the workplace if your boss and people around you are all on the same wave length and know each other well that enough, that when words or actions could be interpreted by an outsider as harsh or severe, they just shrug it off.

@P6 the world's not fair and even if you believe you've done or are doing the right thing in your life, there's always some b-###### out there that's more than happy to pull the rug from under your feet, take advantage of you or seize an opportunity to screw you over and you'd be a fool not to take such things personally. In the Legal 'industry' there is no such thing as impartiality or fairness. It usually boils down to money and that's where you find human nature at its weakest.

DS

You know mate, as much as I'd like to disagree, I have to agree that maybe, just maybe, some of this nonsense does happen more often in the South. In the week that my wife and I were up North, it was like being in a different world. The people just seem .... different. I don't really know how to express it clearly, but I'm sure you know what I mean. The rest of your post mate, I agree 100% as well. I could have written that myself, it's so spot-on. Well said indeed, mate. :)

I had the same incident, except this time she was Hispanic.

My story was never heard by HR, I never bother to state my case since the company no longer carried the benefits that I needed for my family.

Fast forward to new job.

My current Dept Director & Senior is same race as the tardy part-timer that relieves me at night...often coming in 1hr late.

My Manager hired offspring who just ######/moans/use the work PC to watch online movies, getting in the way, while on the clock disappears to pick up chicks or take care personal matters.

Coworkers are same race, loud obnoxious, uneducated and uses the race-crutch all the time.

I have to carry voice recorders to capture my daily discussions of race and arrogance towards another minority.

I'm only staying coz of the benefits.

I agree with suing her, coworkers, and company...just blind them with legal paperwork.