Co-op Ideas

BS PALADIN

First, I apologize to Palladin if I repeat any of his fine suggestions. I hope someone at Ubi is reading his posts.

The first thing that must be improved is the quality, far better polish in things like animations, AI, etc. The maps, map sizes and missions are excellent, just improve on the existing product.

I do like the OTS and cover system in SP, but, if MP is going to be done by another studio, I would like to see OTS replaced in MP with FPV. (I know, ain't gonna happen.)

Agreed, however with the map sizes i would like to see GR4 go into the open world and just get it over with already! Or at least a look a like open world like Black Hawk down did. Just think of the countless ways you can take on a enemy when you can come from any direction? Plus think of the replay it will bring to the game. You can then flank the enemy to the back side or go straight in. Also FPWV is almost a most. They can keep OTS, but i want FPWV out of anything else for GR4. One more thing for at least snipers. I would like to see bullet drop.

On a side note, i know it may never happen EVER. I would like to see GR go back to its roots of STEALTH!!! A Sam Fisher GR would be amazing. Also haven the AI look for you after a shot not the all knowen AI where one shot gives you away to them all. I want to be hunted/flanked as i take them down one at a time if i dont use a silent gun or not being stealthy until im found/spotted. I feel like the devs forgot what Ghost is ment to mean! I just want to see real thinking AI and not the all knowen AI that know just where you are and dont think on how to find you or flank they just know and charge. Would also like to see comandors and radio enemy units. Where your first shot can count on how the enemy attacks you like taken down the leader first or taken down the radio guy so they dont call in support. This would bring back the recon before you attack on taken down key enemys first or key elements like radio towers or power supplys.

• 3 weeks later...

I would love to see the following in a Future GR title:

1) Like Paladin said above, definately the option to create teams, and also to set way points for those teams and even certain members of said teams.

2) Different extraction zone options, i.e. extract using boats, as well as choppers

3) The option to choose your own insertion point and extraction points in the pre game menu.

4) option to change weapons and mod weapons in pregame menu

5) 1st person view with weapon like RBSV.

6) The ability to walk through a bush, or jump down from a small ledge.

7) Run without the gun pointing forward, or your character bobbing up and down.

8)Fix the A.I. In Exfiltration mode. The officer don't duck, or even use the gun he carries to defend himself much. And on occasion he does not follow you like he should.

9) Effective camo, the A.I. can still see you a mile away even if your covered in grass at night it is really annoying. If the camo is affective enough you should be able to remain undetected even at close distances.

10)The use of the M-72 Light Anti-tank Weapon (LAW) as an option for a secondary, it is smaller and more compact than the Zeus and they should be different warheads that you can choose depending on the mission at hand. All done in the Pre-game menu.

11) Proximity mines, or trip mines should be available.

12)The ability to fire your pistol when injurd, to defend yourself or crawl to cover

13) Various missions around the Globe.

14) return of the Gillie suit

These are just a few i would like to see, and i'm sure they're more, but simply put if they stick to what made the original GR a hit and keep it realistic then GR 4 will be amazing.

I'd prefer the coop to be seperate from singleplayer. Some of my best experiences with coop on the console has been with Graw and Splinter cell:Chaos theory. These were levels designed specificly for co-operative play. Coop tacked on to single player ends up, for me anyway, far less enjoyable. Only problem is that you generally don't get enough content on the disc and end up forking out more for dlc.

I'd prefer the coop to be seperate from singleplayer. Some of my best experiences with coop on the console has been with Graw and Splinter cell:Chaos theory. These were levels designed specificly for co-operative play. Coop tacked on to single player ends up, for me anyway, far less enjoyable. Only problem is that you generally don't get enough content on the disc and end up forking out more for dlc.

You should have played GR then. Coop had the same missions as the SP campaign and had other Coop game types to go with it such as Firefight and Recon to start with and the expansion packs added Defend too, not to mention that others created Coop game types like Firebomb which could be played both in Coop and TvT (this was an innovative game mode if ya ask me). I love playing Coop and completing missions whether developer created or user created.

I think it better if Coop did include the SP missions along with other types of Coop game play.

they need to have co-op intergrated into the main story. if they do that, then they sould make the campaign long

Yes but limit the "story" to mission briefings, once we get boots on the ground, stuff the story. They've been cramming the story down our throats since GR2. ENOUGH!

You should have played GR then. Coop had the same missions as the SP campaign and had other Coop game types to go with it such as Firefight and Recon........

And that's why replayability is important. And these television inspired mini-campaigns of late are the opposite of replayable, more so than on the pc versions.

For me, co-op missions are everything. LMS type modes are fun, but to me the heart of GR is simulating squad based tactical missions, as realistically as the game will facilitate. And If I can't come back and replay a mission without seeing and doing the same damned thing over and over, I will not own it.

Additionally, and read this slowly Ubistubborn, I do not need "command", or HQ, or "Bud", or Carlos, or any other ****head constantly on the comm gving me minute by minute direction, encouragement, warnings, suggestions, or any other type of babysitting. Can that be made any ****ing more clear?! Thank you.

That is annoying enough in SP, but it's a huge distraction in Co-op.

Many of the suggestions for co-op already posted are great, but if the core gameplay is wrong, yet AGAIN, then none of those features will matter one bit.

Edited by doubletap

In order for Ghost Recon 4 to be a major success it has to incorporate tactical realism. It must include eliments from the following Tom Clancey titles: The [Ghost Recon], Rainbow Six, and GRAW2.

The Menu system in the [GR] looked more tactical and the break down in the AAR looked more detailed. True fans of tactical shooters like to see things of this nature, it gives them more performance related feedback and they can assess other players performance and see who is more effective and who needs to work harder at certain things. The menu's in the [GR] need to be included or an updated version of them. Missions are important, and the prep work for the mission should feel that way as well. This sets the tone in the pre-game lobby even for players who are not that military minded, and it also sets the replay value very high. Simple put, keep it tactical even down to the menu's.

FPWV is a must have at this stage in the game and RBSV has one of the best ones to date. 3rd person view or over the shoulder view is nice and everyone likes to checkout their characters uniform and gear however it has it's drawbacks, one being the ability to see more than you should. This takes away from the realism big time. The second drawback comes from the lack of not being able to see your gun and it's animations at a FPV. RBSV allows you to not only see your weapon but the awesome reload animations that is unique to each weapon. Attaching the suppressor in RBSV is simply a thing of beauty, and running with your weapon is much more realistic. Your more in control of your weapon and what you want on it but still they can do so much more. The ability to Tag enemy targets is very tactical and should be included as well, but in a tactical warfare enviroment it is all about the equipment, and in the long run it is all about your weapon. Not only should the new Ghost Recon 4 include FPWV as a default but it should give the ability to change features on your weapon in the pre-game menu as well as in-game. Give us the Rainbow view experience minus the peek-a-boo feature.

Customizations in GRAW2 is what makes it a great game. The ability to host up to 16 players, good graphics and large maps has kept a lot of players satisfied to say the least over the pass few years. However it can be even better. As of now the customizations are limited only to the game play i.e changing difficulty settings and enemy number and in some modes the time of day, enemy helicopters on/off or enemy vehicles on/off. Also you can change the camos and the kind of weapons class your team takes with them i.e, silence only, no grenaider weapons or pistols only etc. For the most part it ends there. Should it??.. For a special forces team we should have more options to perpare for the mission at hand. Even a special map to train on where paper targets pop up, and where you can try out all the guns and their different features to keep your team in battle readiness.

The tactical map is nice but should be more intuitive. We should be able to do more with it, like mark certain sectors for air strikes, and extraction points. Plan our own path in the pre-game or go the route the A.I chooses.

We should have the option to set teams Alpha, Bravo, Charlie, etc

We should be able to cutomize our weapons and outfits before missions with special outfitting for sniper classes and Grenidier classes, and over view the map with the objectives at hand as an option.

Large open ended maps, with Gobal missions

Ability to set the weather and time of day and also the way you want to be inserted. Via water craft near a river source or by helicopter. how about a few civilians on the maps for realism.

Missions should be diverse. i.e. Pilot down, P.O.W, Key target assasinations, Recon, etc.

Smarter A.I. with distructable limbs

Incorporating key features from pass Clancy hit titles in Ghost Recon 4 will pay off. Just stick to what works, it is the simple things that made these franchise titles great at one point they shouldn't go away from that but bring it all together to make one great game.

I play with a bunch of people that love 3rd person. I love both 1st and third but would honestly love to go back to 1st person. I PRAY, HOPE, AND PRAY SOME MORE that we have access to all the great maps that we currently have on GRAW2 and even some more WITHOUT HAVING TO PURCHASE THEM AGAIN! (I know... ain't gonna' happen) >:(

Outstanding post DBest1 :thumbsup:

I agree with every bit. I was sure there was nothing I like about R6Vegas but there is ONE thing and you nailed it; the FPWV is superb, and as you said, adding/removing the suppressor in real time is a thing of beauty.

Thanks doubletap, let's just hope that UBISOFT thinks the same way. Here's to a GR4 that we can all be proud of :cheers: