CoD 6 is "Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2"

Pave Low

• 1 month later...

goood. cod5 sucks @$$

LOL

I actually kind of like the game. I used to play a ton of medal of honor allied assault online for the pc, and when I'm on some of the maps for cod5 it reminds me of that game. I also love the zombie mode, but I really haven't had a chance to play any coop and most likely won't for awhile.

Should be fun to see what they come up with for 6.

:yawn:

They should really try to stretch themselves out with one of these titles one of these days...bayonets fixed, over the top and into the gas World War 1 trench warfare hasn't been done yet, has it? Or better yet, something pitting Yankee against Johnny Reb just might draw in some of those who are sick of the old same old every year.

If it is going to be on rails, at least try and make the ride interesting.

Well CoD has 2 developers, Treyarch and Infinity Ward, who share resources. That's why games come out twice as fast as some other companies. They alternate releases. IW did 1 and 2, 4 and now 6. CoD3 and 5 were developed by Treyarch. Good strategy IMO. And all of the games have been good, IMO. :thumbsup: I think this will help explain your question, Rocky.

Well CoD has 2 developers, Treyarch and Infinity Ward, who share resources. That's why games come out twice as fast as some other companies. They alternate releases. IW did 1 and 2, 4 and now 6. CoD3 and 5 were developed by Treyarch. Good strategy IMO. And all of the games have been good, IMO. :thumbsup: I think this will help explain your question, Rocky.

You know this is the same strategy Ubisoft used, right?

Anyway yeah, snake summed it up. 2-3 year development cycle per game, 1-2 year between releases, by cycling developers.

Already?! Are they putting these games out kinda quick, or is it just being stuck in a GR timewarp makes it seem like other games come out kinda fast? :unsure:

ROFL, Both I think, if I have it correct they come out with these about every year? GR on the other hand waits for the hand of god to sweep across the land.