H-Hour's - Airport: New Map/mission Release

H-Hour

H-Hour's Airport Map

Download 13mb

hha01_evac_coop.mis Coop Compatible Mission (right click "save-as", place in mod's "Mission" folder)

What is it?

A 400m x 400m map with a woodland setting playable in all single and multiplayer modes except for coop mission (sorry). I originally hoped to have a three-mission campaign on this map, with night and "battlefield" versions of the map, but it has been sitting in a near-finished state for probably twelve months now. I finally decided just to polish up the mission I had and push it out the door.

Mission Briefing

We've got an emergency situation. Russia's stepping up its pressure on NATO's eastern line. A Georgian rebel group acting at Russia's urging has moved on a small island in the Black Sea that we've been using as a covert relay station for operations in central asia.

We're caught in a bad situation, here, and Russia knows it. The entire operation is fronted by a civilian offshore shipping company and a private service airline. If we stay and fight, we expose our cover.

We already evac'd the majority of our personnel, but a skeleton crew stayed behind to make sure sensitive data was cleared out of the computers. We thought we'd have another 24 hours before the Georgian forces reached the southern tip of the island, but we just received intel they're on their way.

We're sending you in fast on a little bird chopper. You'll land at the airport, but you'll need to head north as well to check out the shipping complex. Our friendlies have already gone to ground, so we won't be able to tell you where they are. Search all the structures in the area and rendezvous back at the airport for pickup.

The situation is developing by the minute, so we don't know what you'll be landing in at the airport or what kind of enemy forces you'll be up against. Prepare for a hot insert, but remember that's a friendly airport.

Some Teaser Images

screen_3.jpg

screen_4.jpg

screen_1.jpg

screen_2.jpg

com_map.jpg

Usage

Feel free to use this in your own mods. All I ask for is a nod in your credits and notification. You don't need to ask my permission, but let me know if you release something that uses my map. It makes me happy.

Edited by H-Hour

looks nice H-Hour, thanks for the new terrain n action!

Heh, perhaps Theo and I can get a mission or two on there in the future with some more SP and some coop action too? That would be a UKSF related thing if it happened or an individual project for me...maybe an update to the mod?

mig :ph34r:

looks nice H-Hour, thanks for the new terrain n action!

Heh, perhaps Theo and I can get a mission or two on there in the future with some more SP and some coop action too? That would be a UKSF related thing if it happened or an individual project for me...maybe an update to the mod?

mig :ph34r:

I'd love to see some missions on it. And if anyone wants the max files/textures to do a night render or a re-texture I'm happy to oblige. I've also done quite a few interior objects (shelving, computers, plants, etc.) if anyone wants to pull the material out for their own maps.

I went ahead and tweaked the mission for multiplayer coop compatibility. No helos or cinematics. I added another 20 enemies, as well, though they are all only available on Elite setting.

hha01_evac_coop.mis (right click "save-as")

This should be placed in: /Ghost Recon/Mods/HH - Airport/Mission/

It should not overwrite the original mission.

We tried MP coop earlier in the week. :whistle: Hope you don`t mind! Had a great time, awesome map. Needed a few extra patrols, but looks like you have done that, cheers.

Only issue was the guy you bring in from the canteen room. Sometimes he triggered at Extract, but did not take on his new plan to run to corner like the rest, had to push him a little into center of hanger to activate.

Building a fun mission for us to try Sunday, will upload it if goes ok.

:thumbsup:

We tried MP coop earlier in the week. :whistle: Hope you don`t mind!

Yeah no worries. Glad you went ahead and edited it some.

If you don't upload your mission, at least pass it on to me so I can check it out. I've got one friend I still play GR with every now and then.