Ghost Recon.net Forums

L4D1 - GR.net group for L4D ?

Just curious, but how do you guys feel about starting up a little GR.net group for L4D. Just so we can play with some people instead of bots or random people. I know that members here are from all over the world, so we'll probably have to work out some times to play.

WytchDokta, just need to get yourself a cheap headet/mic. Should be under $20.

I bought the game from steam and the game has a voice service in it.

(Though I use my own ventrilo server so I can not comment on how good the ingame service is).

You cld. always set up a Ventrilo server...it's dead easy to do.

Dav.

Alright then, let's do it. We can just use friends lists unless we get a lot more members, then we might have to start a Steam group.

My SteamID is GriMReapeR[VvV] if you want to add me.

In-game VOIP works pretty well. It's been fairly clear so far.

• 1 month later...

My ID is: james_g

Catch me on Steam and I can show you a place on the Farmhouse Finale map where the (standard) Infected can't attack you because they can't climb up there. Tanks can still throw concrete blocks up there and Smokers can still pull you off there. But, we noticed each time we did the finale by holding out on that rock that no Hunters or Boomers ever approach that rock. Smokers do approach from the right.

There is also a way to superjump by playing about with the games' physics and it only works with the minigun (you use the minigun as a launching pad :whistle: ) Lost two team members to these 'stuntz' the other day on the fourth map of the second campaign. On the Runway Finale, its possible to get on top of the left wing of the escape plane by pulling these 'stuntz.' :whistle::lol:

There's even a door on the third mission of the first campaign that you can break through to get into the building rather than using the lift which alerts the horde. By breaking down this door, using melee attacks, you can get inside the building without the horde coming after you.

Played VERSUS mode tonight with some people who were very good. Great game. I hope they release more content though. It's getting a little old playing the same maps over and over.

I'm not sure why Valve didn't include the second and third camapaigns in Versus mode. One thing I'd like to see is those campaigns in Versus mode. I hope that they will one day allow us to play as the Witch instead of Tank in multiplayer (alternate it, one round a player 'turns into' Tank', on another round a player will 'turn into' Witch)

Edited by WytchDokta

Good games tonight.

No startling the Witches and splitting into two fire teams when there are two ways to go/cover. That's what I'm talking about.

Good job I swapped my autoshotty for the M16 ready for last horde at the Farmhouse - almost the entire the last horde came towards the window I was covering, those of you covering the doorway seemed to get all the Special Infected come up the stairs when I had the main Infected horde come around the back to the window I was covering. Being that it was a second storey window, and due to the amlount of Infected closing in, shotgun wouldn't have been practical there. I didn't even have time to reload, did a straight switch to pistols after firing off an entire M16 mag (2-3 rounds at a time)

The Tank climbing on the roof of the building we were inside on the map before was funny. :rofl: Did he think he could attack us from up there?

Edited by WytchDokta

my Steam _ID: Papa6! (How bout that?) I'm on from time to time. :D WD, I'll be on this weekend mate care to get a game going sometime on saturday? 0:)

Roger that. Although it is dependent on whether or not I'm working on Saturday and at what time.

Firefly, are you joining us on Saturday? If so, that's three of us from GR.net. Anyone else want to drop by on Saturday (to be the fourth tem member)?

I played with some friends from France the other day. Those guys were good players but I was still the only one to escape during the finale. I fi remember correctly, two died fighting Tanks during the finale. One died shortly thereafter. So, being the only left, I ran to the pier with a Tank and a horde on my tail. Picked up a fuel can on the was and was going to set fire to the pier with it (to keep the horde off my back). I placed the fuel can down, and turned around to shoot it. As I did so, the horde were already behind me, less than 1 meter away, blocking my line of sight to the fuel can. The boat arrives. I run backwards, shooting at the horde surrounding me. But I can't get on the boat for some reason. Quickly turn around to see an Infected had climbed onto the boat and was hitting me in the back, blocking the entrance to the boat. My health was rapidly going down. Next thing I know, the boat leaves and it said I escaped, so I don't know I got onto the boat. After I somehow escaped, the other guys who were dead were like "Haha, tu est Rambo" :rofl:

Edited by WytchDokta

Yeah, I'll see if I can get on. I'll be pretty busy this week because I'm moving to a new place so there's a ton of stuff to move/unpack. We just got the Internet hooked up after a huge amount of hassle. It seems a little slow.... I dunno, I'll have to check into it before I go playing any games.

Okay, I'm not working on Saturday, so you guys should let me know when you want me to set the lobby up.

Although No Mercy is overplayed, a 'secret' place has been discovered at the Rooftop Finale. Just like the Boathouse Finale map, the Standard Infected cannot climb up to this secret place to attack you, although a Tank managed to climb up there when we discovered that 'secret' place earlier. This one is alot easier to get to than the Boathouse Finale 'secret' place (no jumpcrouching required), but there is alot less room to manouver.

Edited by WytchDokta

Found a 'secret' place to hold out on the Runway too. I'm not talking about the closet either. This one is even better. For a start, the Standard Infected cannot climb up the sides of it. Just need two on back meleeing any Infected climbing up the back and two with assault rifles towards the front picking off any targets at a 360 degree angle. It seems that if all players crouch while on there, Smokers cannot pull them off because the sides are protected (provided the players crouch - the protection does not go up high enough to protect players while they stand up)

I'll have to get a thread going with screenshots of these 'secret' places. :whistle:

Edited by WytchDokta
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...

I'm on a Killing Floor tip right now mate. Makes sense as I'm more often than not the last man standing.

See, it's not what you do, it's how you do it. Last time, the rest of the guys went down just after we had about 60 Specimens remaining. I got it down to 20 alone, being the last man standing. But in the end, I went down while I was reloading my flamethrower (they NEVER attack when I'm shooting, they ONLY attack when I'm reloading. WTH?) I had ran out of grenades out that point too, had low desert eagle ammo and only one fuel cannister for flamethrower left. There was a big group of them coming in from the front. Behind me was open ground but they weren't attacking from there for some reason. Couldn't get into cover of any sort, there was too many of them, I just had to run in the open, running backwards while shooting (I do not resort to such extreme measures unless there is absolutely no other option whatsoever.) Although, my 'survivability' probably comes from the fact that I'm at level 4 in most of perks (5 is the highest level.)