Mods(can Bret's And Snow's Co-op?)

COLWcF

Hi. I was trying to get the acog relflex from snow's mod to work on bret's M468. CRASH! I didnt think of copying the crash data, ill check it morrow, its 10:00 were I am. So, I put snow's mod in local english, over writed nothing, and then added the mod to mod_data, with proper ids, and then to weapon data, and it crashed. Any help? Or, even better, since i must likely installed the files wrong, does anyone have files to get snow's and bret's awesome mods to work together?

Here is my crash:

Crash in application version: 30899.3048

data\lib\units\types\weapons\bulletweapon.dsf(-1): cant find member: material in type <void>

SCRIPT STACK:

data\lib\units\types\weapons\bulletweapon.dsf(0)

data\lib\units\extensions\inventory.dsf(0)

data\lib\managers\instancedescriptionmanager.dsf(0)

data\lib\script_network\gametype\gametypecampaign.dsf(0)

data\lib\managers\briefingmanager.dsf(0)

Renderer: threaded

Physics : threaded

Edited by COLWcF

Hi. I wanna get the AK74/SVD, M4 and Brett's and Snowfella's to all work together. Does anyone have the files I have to edit to do this? Or just 2 or 3 of them together, so it becomes easyier for me to edit. Not all files, but the 10 or so that need to be edited. Thanks.

Sorry I've been unable to help her, I only run a single mod. Bretzies.

Nice collection of guns though Darth. I assume they are running from the 'local" folder?

COLWcF, as I am sure you know, it can be very difficult to identify the "crossover" xml file issues that are causing the crash and integrate them into a single working set of xml's...so suggest the best way is to take the files from Dath.

If it all goes smoothly, (or if you work out how and do it yourself), I'd be keen to get access to it. So cld. you pls. upload it to filefront and include the link here?

Thanks,

Dav.

PS, I assume you know that you'll have to have the same mods. as the server uses if you are playing online.

Well clearly it DOES work otherwise you wouldn't be seeing any changes.

I created the mix for my own purposed - it was never intended to go to anyone else so if you don't like it you'll have to edit it yourself. That is easy to do, it's just a simple text file edit, but the basics of the mod combinations is there.

I love the thanks I get for getting the file to you as well, makes things like this so worthwhile :rolleyes:

The SOCOM isnt even in weapon data.

I did what you said.....

And the AK and SVD dont show up. This mod is for GRAW2, right?

I did what you said.....

And the AK and SVD dont show up. This mod is for GRAW2, right?

The SOCOM isnt in units/weapons, either.

I think you may have just forgot to include something. This mod works for you right? With the 1.05 patch?

Edited by COLWcF

Idk. It does that by default and im too tired to remove them. Its 12:30AM here.

Ok. Goodnight. I would of stayed up, but that dang show Fearless Music came on, so I have no reason to be awake right now. Anywho, post anything you find out that coud be wrong. Also: it works with the 1.05 patch, right?

• 4 months later...

Hi. I was trying to get the acog relflex from snow's mod to work on bret's M468. CRASH! I didnt think of copying the crash data, ill check it morrow, its 10:00 were I am. So, I put snow's mod in local english, over writed nothing, and then added the mod to mod_data, with proper ids, and then to weapon data, and it crashed. Any help? Or, even better, since i must likely installed the files wrong, does anyone have files to get snow's and bret's awesome mods to work together?

Here is my crash:

Crash in application version: 30899.3048

data\lib\units\types\weapons\bulletweapon.dsf(-1): cant find member: material in type <void>

SCRIPT STACK:

data\lib\units\types\weapons\bulletweapon.dsf(0)

data\lib\script_network\gametype\gametypecampaign.dsf(0)

data\lib\managers\briefingmanager.dsf(0)

Renderer: threaded

Physics : threaded

i got this same error when trying to add a weapon i made for GRAW 1. i need this weapon in GRAW 2 but don't know how fix this error.

PS: i have read and understand brettzies basic weapon tutorial.

Alright very simple once again.

Install bretts mod first.

Go to snows mod

Take out these files and put them on your desktop

LOCAL/ENGLISH/ objects/weapons/addons/ reflex sight

LOCAL/ ENGLISH/ Textures/atlas_weapons/addons/ reflex

LOCAL/English/textures/atlas_weapons/3rdperson/addons/reflex

Now put all these files in bretts mod. They all come from the same place so obvisouly you put them in the same directory in bretts mod.

Now you are only half way there.

ALL You have to do now is edit some lovely xml.

Go to English/strings, edit the mod.xml - if you do not know how this works go into the mod.xml and find something like looks like this <aimpoint_"aimpoint"> copy that and then paste and fit it in between two nodes. After that make it look like <reflex_"reflex"> basically just change the names but make sure you did not cut out the aimpoint node.

After you are done with strings get yourself in gear to the MOD_id and Weapon_data.xml in the lib/managers/xml directory. Now i am assuming you know something about this because you've stated your knowledge up above.

In mod id, all you have to do is copy the aimpoint node, and paste just like you did in strings, now only your are just giving the new weapon sight a slot. Change the names in the copied aimpoint node to reflex like you did. Now you need to make sure you give the reflex an ID that does not overide another addons ID. So if the highest number is 45 make it 46 you get the idea. now go into weapon_data.xml and add the node to the m468 or whatever you want the reflex on. it should like like this <reflex_id:56>

Now that you've edited the weapon_data.xml and the addon.xml or whatever it is, the mod_id.xml or what not.

You need to go to

Units/weapons/addons.xml

in the addons xml you need to find where the weapon sights are.

It should have a list of nodes and paragraphs with one section of grenade launchers one section of iron sights. Find the one with "NON-IRON SIGHTS"

Copy and paste the aimpoint node, replace anything in that node that sais aimpoint to reflex. DO THE SAME THING FOR THIRD PERSON NON IRON SIGHTS"

so you have to copy and paste two nodes.

You should be sqaured away now!

One very common error. YOU NEED TO MAKE SURE YOU'VE gave everything the same name

for instance you've put in the strings id

Reflex

and then you wrote

reflex with a lower case R in the addons.xml in the units directory.

You need to make sure all "reflex" names, in your case, are exactly the same . goes the same for everything else. Hope this HELPs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

by the way its almost the same for adding a new weapon, thats just for adding a new sight

Thanks. But, I dont really play much GRAW2 anymore. But thanks for the help. Also, what program do you use to make models? Cause I just got 3DS MAX 9 and I was thinking I might get back in the game if I can make a nice SIG.

Edited by COLWcF

Thanks. But, I dont really play much GRAW2 anymore. But thanks for the help. Also, what program do you use to make models? Cause I just got 3DS MAX 9 and I was thinking I might get back in the game if I can make a nice SIG.

3DS MAX 9 won't work straight with either GRAW or GRAW2 as the exporter only is compatible with max 7 and 8.

• 5 months later...

I have all of the files completely added. It includes Brettzies mod, the SOCOM .45 pistol from the M-4 SOPMOD mod, and the AK-47 and SVD from the...AK-47 and SVD mod.

I can zip up the folder you need so all you need to do is dump it into your GRAW2 directory if you'd like?

Can i take that offer? plez w/ cherry on top