Fallout 3

Rocky

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Completed it once, found Dogmeat and all the other familiars/followers. On my second playthrough this time and blew up Megaton this time.

Why can't I get Liberty Prime as a familiar/follower? :rofl:

The new patch also adds four new achievements - the achievements for completing the three expansion packs. Not sure why they've added them all before they've released the expansions.

Dogmeat may be fragile but he can be used to get weapons/ammo out of locked safes.

And the guy in the Rivet City broken bow is invincible? I shoot him until his HP reaches 0 then it says he's unconscious, do it again and the same thing. :blink:

Also, this time around I found the 'secret' power armour in Fort Constantine. I kept the four keys for myself. That power armour has a damage resistance rating of 50. There's prototype 'medic' power armour in the sewers below Old Olney too, if you're brave enough to fight off hordes of Deathclaws to be able to get it (it's not like the Protectron was much use at all, he died in one hit from a Deathclaw)

Edited by WytchDokta

Hmmm...If the NPC only get knocked out, that may mean that he is needed for some kind of quest.

Oh, and just as a warning about the T-51b. Although it's fairly good armor, you CANNOT repair it yourself. No other power armor can be scrapped to repair the T-51b, even if your Repair skill is at 100 (as mine is). You can only have someone else repair it.

Has anyone else found the Medical Power Armor yet? I found it and it was pretty cool to use. There is one small nuance with the armor that's amusing (or annoying depending on your POV).

Has anyone else found the Medical Power Armor yet? I found it and it was pretty cool to use.

Yes, a long time ago. Old Olney sewers. The town and sewers are overrun with Deathclaws. Bottlecap mines work well against Deathclaws though, as they did in Deathclaw Sanctuary. Just lure them into the mine, it won't kill them outright but you can finish them off with Vengeance/Burnmaster before they've had chance to hit you.

Lincoln's Repeater combined with Finesse perk, Sniper perk and Better Criticals perk is awesome in VATS. Oh, and watch what happens if you place a grenade/mine in somebody inventory while you picketpocket them. You can get an achievement for doing that. :whistle:

Noticed on my second play through that the captive Behemoth in the cage in Evergreen Mills actually managed to esacpe from the cage somehow. I didn't open the gate, I was on the walkway nearby sniping the Raiders (with Lincoln's Repeater) and all of a sudden the gate to the cage seemeingly opened by itself and out came the Behemoth. Unless one of the Raiders opened it, or the power generator near to it (making the cage into an electric fence) was destroyed by the Raiders somehow.

Edited by WytchDokta

Another patch has been released? I just went to play the game (via Steam) and it went through the Steam update process for the game. This is odd because the games on Games for Windows Live download updates via the Games for Windows Live client (as it did with the last patch and as have my other games on GfWL)

I don't see what's been updated, and Steam update news doesn't list an update for Fallout 3.

BTW, there's a manhole outside of Paradise Falls. It's listed as Grate To Toilets when you hover your crosshair over it. If you click to enter it you get the message something like: "You're are too big to fit down the manhole cover." My brother gets the same message on the Xbox version (I'm wearing power armour, he isn't.) So what's all that about? I tried sending Dogmeat to find stuff down there, he just stands there and barks at me when I do that.

Just happened upon this item at Amazon, the Prima Guide - collectors edition. How cool does this book look!!

http://www.amazon.com/Fallout-Collectors-P...e/dp/0761559973

OMG ~ the UK version is OVER £100, somehow that makes me want it even more!!

The customer reviews make it sounds like an exceptional book.

The thing is though, how to you use such a book. Do you play a while, then read that "chapter" to see if you missed anything, or do you play with it by your side and play the game "with" the book, or do you read the book - then play the game...? I'd be in such a dilema.

Okaaaaaaaay....

Some say they get Operation Anchorage 'quest' (via radio distress signal) when loading a previous save then randomly walking around the wasteland. Some say that after you start a new game, the quest comes up after you exit Vault 101. I have done both and I have still not received the distress signal from the Brotherhood Outcasts.

Great. Payed money for this and it won't even give me the quest. :angry:

It didn't come right away for me. I walked around for a bit and then I got the message about a distress signal from Outcasts. You might want to try entering and leaving a city to try and trigger it. If that doesn't work, then just keep waiting. You should be able to get it at any point in the main quest.

As a little warning, you can't replay Operation Anchorage once you've completed it. If you just want to play it again or if you miss certain items on the playthrough, then you should save before going in.

Edited by GrimeyAK

I fixed the problem - Live decided it wouldn't install the DLC properly, so I had to reinstall it. Also, if you have SP Fawkes with you, part ways with her before you even think about doing the 'Aiding the Outcasts' quest, because she will get killed in a matter of seconds.

Also, why do all the Outcasts in the Outcast Outpost suddenly start shooting each other after you complete the simulation? I was in their armory taking what I needed, as they told me to do, when they started shooting each other.

All the American soldiers in Operation Anchorage will call you 'Sir' even if you play as a female character.

One thing I did notice with the simulation was that while in the simulation, my computer would crash frequently. Frequent saving got around this to an extent. After compleing the simulation/before going into the simulation, there was not crashing whatsoever.

I think Enclave activity has increased since I completed the simulation - I was walking around by Vault 101 along the road there, and I ran into an Enclave checkpoint that I'm 95% certain wasn't there before I did the simulation. Three Brainbots (aswell as two Deatclaws) were fighting alongside the Enclave. That's the first time I've seen them using any bot type. I'm not sure why there was such a heavy Enclave presence right ther ebecause there was nothing there, and there was hardly anything in their crates.

• 3 months later...

Does anyone know if the Broken Download, I mean Broken Steel DLC download/install issue has been fixed yet? Last week, after paying good money for Broken Download Steel, I had the same problem as anyone trying to download/install it on the PC - it kept giving an error when you clicked install, it simply would not install no matter what you did. Even one of the Bethesda devs posted on their forum to say that were getting the problem too. Then Microsoft removed it from GFWL Marketplace altogether, so those of us who, in a fit of 'work you piece of ######' rage, had removed it and went to download it again couldn't actually download it again. I see tonight that it's back on the GFWL Marketplace now, but does that mean it's been fixed?

What the hell? I thought they fixed this?

- Ghoul Reaver's have some seriously messed up attack animations, they are convulsing at hyperspeed.

- Ghoul Reaver's don't take ANY damage from Vengeance, atleast, the Sentry bots had to damage them first before the game would allow Vengeance to harm them.

- I play Broken Game Coding Steel all the way through to almost the end, I'm in the Enclave Crawler working my way to the launch pad. I see a sign by a door that says 'launch pad.' The door is very hard locked. I break 2 bobby pins picking the lock. I go through.....

CTD.

I load the game back up and load my save. Where's the HUD gone? Seriously, no HUD. Wait a sec, I can't move!! What the hell? My W, S, A & D keys are working for typing this. I go in console and turn collisions off (noclip). Great, I can move.... UP and DOWN only, not forward or back. I turn around, and press E on the door I just came though. I get the lock broken sound.

I try to go back to an earlier save. Save #35 is the autosave coming out the other side of the door, the save that is seemingly broken. Save #34 is Jefferson Memorial building BEFORE turning the Purifier on, yet I made a large number of my own saves through the Broken Steel quests, including making my own saves in the Crawler (I meaning making saves aside from the autosaves the game already makes. Quiting the game causes it to freeze, last time I had to hardboot (use the reset button on my computer tower) to shut it down.

Great. Just great.

Edited by WytchDokta

Second playthrough of the Broken Steel DLC seems to be fine, don't why it had so many problems when I played through it the first time.

One thing though: Now your character will always "Goodbye Dogmeat" in place of "Let's go Dogmeat" (the latter speech option has been removed and replaced by the former speech option - Dogmeat will still follow you as if you told him "Let's go Dogmeat."

Also, with the Puppies perk, are all the Dogmeat offspring (litter of puppies, one of which replaces Dogmeat wshen he dies) given different names, like Dogbreath (:rofl:) etc? Or are they all named 'Dogmeat'?

Met an Albino Radscorpion for the first time yesterday. Damn, they're tough. Their health is 3 times that of a Deathclaw, and their attack are as powerful as Supermutant Behemoth attacks - atleast according to the Fallout 3 wiki anyway.

Did you guys choose to blow up the Citidel or the Adam's AFB Crawler with the orbital strike? I blew up the Crawler, I know you can get a new unique scoped .44 magnum if you blow up the Citidel, but whatever, upset another faction just for the sake of a .44 magnum..... Yeah right. I'd rather not upset the Brotherhood.

Shame about what happens to Liberty Prime. Anyone know if there's a mod that put's him back into the game as a companion :rofl::rofl: or to replace the 'Mysterious Stranger'? It would be awesome to do that. You know I'm right. :D