FC 2: Great Game

=warcloud=

Not played the SP but MP is great there are a few issues that need addressing to make for smoother gamplay and a few updates that could make it a great game, if you look at the forums at UBI its all doom and glume but most are having the same problems so hopefully a patch is in the works :) it reminds me of Gr slightly slower gameplay no need to run around although you can do that if you wish you dont last long though.

Apart from the server and connection issues it needs

Rate of fire selectable

Scopes for more weapons to balance them up

Names should be turned off on enemies

Prone and or peak

Unranked servers to be weapons free its a pain upgrading the weapons all the time.

Otherwise not to bad.

I agree it's a great fun game, Multiplayer has connection issues but the game has been out a week, compaired to other games, I would not push the problems to hard as it's early.

On the plus side the Map editor is a dream to use... GRAW users eat your heart out ;)

I've made 4 maps in 1 week, dam it's so easy to use.

SPARTA is running a multiplayer server, SPARTA - Legion of Sparta, listing in CTD (Capture the diamond mode).

It fills up fast, when servers are full they de-list, so get on Teamspeak for whats happening 206.71.154.229:8072

or direct connecting http://www.tsviewer.com/ts_viewer_connect.php?ID=37093

I'm only treating this game as a fun game, but the tactics are strong, weapons & privileges have to be earned and are reset once you leave any server.

Overall I rate it: 8/10 for fun and originallity, as a military shooter, it's not in that category so no need to be too serious there...

:)

This is a very fun game with some very fun game modes, it seems to accommodate all styles of play wreath you like to be a lone gun or prefer to work as a team with 1 or 2 others (the more the better)

I’m very much enjoying FarCry 2 it’s a nice change, sure it has a few small problems but no more the any other game straight out of the box. :gun:

Direct connect to the server 74.86.116.136

PC] TuG Team is running a dedicated server in London, UK on our monster dedicated box.

Server Name: TuG Team TDM Funhouse

Server IP: 193.93.46.63

Gamemode: TDM - Unranked.

Players: 16

Punkbusters: ON

Map Rotation: All stock TDM Ubi Maps + TuG Customs.

Connection: 100mb

Note1: Players may be kicked to make way for TuG Members. Sorry in advance.

Note2: We will kick abusive players if admins are on and we will kick anyone found recruiting on our server.

We will be uploading some custom maps to it over the coming weeks as we get working with the editor.

We will be attempting remakes of alot of the Ghost Recom maps (as we are an old GR clan from 2002).

You can visit us at - www.tugteam.com - and join our community forums and say hello.

We'll be posting details of upcoming maps there and will be offering somewhere to report bugs and/or offer feedback.

Thanks.

Beaver has made a remake of the map CP04 Island Village so far, with more to come. :)

Enjoy

• 2 weeks later...

I just upgraded my video card from a 7600gt to a xfx 9800gt and my friend let me try out the single player on my computer and the game is freaking beautiful.

It's amazing seeing a game like this on a HDTV with everything on ultra high and 2x aa. Right now I'm a little tied up with several projects at work and home but I look forward to playing the single player.

Now I have to try out all my other games with the new hardware. Can't wait to see graw2.

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah i agree, its a great game. Im playing it all ultra high settings + AA 8X and physics maxed too, at 1680 x 1050 , its a GFX blast, the fire is unbelieveable what you can do, i.e. you can burn grass and trees and destroy an enemy post without aiming the soldiers, but burning around the post and wait for fire destroy and kill - a true blast.

Here it is a mini video, jeep jump mini video lol, not like the official videos but cool anyway hehe - enemy vehicle "flies" over your head after being hit by the rocket launcher.

YOUTUBE - MINI VIDEO

:thumbsup:

Edited by thales100

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all, i go by Butter_Cup on FarCry2

Thanks for having the SPARTA - Legion of Sparta server up,

its the only FC2 server that actually allows me to connect for more then 5 seconds. I still get disconnected from it every 20 minutes or so where i lose my rank, and i can only get on it and stay on it between 10am-1pm and 9pm-whenever, buts its still fun wen FC2 works. I hope the people at Ubi fix the MP so we can have clan wars.

As for the game itself, i love it but i spend more time trying to get it to work then playing. :wall:

Edited by BadAss

Finally got this the other day for free from BFG Tech. :D By far the best freebie I've ever got and might very well be the best looking PC game I've ever played. Gameplay has been fun so far and it sure is good to roam around and scout out your objective and be able to plot out different ways to attack. :yes: Now I just can't seem to figure out how to jump on that zebra and ride off into the sunset. :lol:

I've put quite a bit of time into the game the last several weeks and I'm at only 20% complete on the 1st act or whatever.

It is such a beatiful game and the explosions are insane. I also can't seem to help but think about how the gameplay could be changed in order to make it a cool coop style of play like ghost recon. This could be a very very fun game with coop added to it. Lots of tweaks would have to be done of course since it's an open ended objective game (you couldn't just create a server and take on a mission and be done with it). It would just be nice every once in a while to have someone riding around on the mounted gun while I drive so I don't have to get out all the time.

I have noticed a few irritating glitches though with the single player. Many times an enemy AI will be looking in the completely opposite direction and fire and it hits me. It also seems like every time I take someone out with a silenced weapon it still alerts everyone in the area that there is trouble.

I've been able to get up onto some of the mountains that seemed impossible to climb by driving a jeep up to it and using that to climb up. In a few places though I've gotten up to the top and when I look over the other side, half the map is just a blank white. I don't think they meant for people to actually get up where I was.

I also need to practice my hanglider skills.

Apart from the server and connection issues it needs

Rate of fire selectable

Scopes for more weapons to balance them up

Names should be turned off on enemies

Prone and or peak

Unranked servers to be weapons free its a pain upgrading the weapons all the time.

Otherwise not to bad.

I have only played SP so far, starting on the easy level then went thru on normal now I'm play at infamous and the biggest gripe I have is the ammo loads get smaller the higher the level. It's pure BS imo I can understand the quicker dieing that is to be expected at higher levels but not how much ammo you can carry.

Do they tell the Special Forces guys that now that they are part of an elite fire team thay have to carry less ammo in to battle? ###### them.

Scopes should be added to the weapon when you purchase the Accuracy Upgrade.

I agree with the rate of fire selector as well.

I am also not happy that the M-16 is not available to late in the game as well.

I rarely ever use a shotgun because I would rather have a rifle, if I could add the shotgun as a second weapon I would like that.

My favorite load out so far is the AS50 as primary, the M-79 as Secondary, the PKM as my special weapon. I like having the M-79 to take care of those anoying buttheads that show up out of no where in the assault trucks.

Edited by Fletch