Oh Snap!

Ruin

ohsnaphs5.th.jpgthpix.gif

For those who want the abbreviated version...

ohsnap2zz5.jpg

t3h wo0t!

Got the other 4GB I've been after. Same as the first 4, so now I'm completely matching for 8GB. I think that's only half my mobo's potential, I can't remember.

Thought I'd share... because it made me :grin3:

Yes, and yes. It's pretty sweet. I also flushed and refilled my WC system for a slight noticeable gain also. Now I just need to OC again, probably only to 3.4 instead of 3.6 this time. Problem was that last time I did it to 3.6, it was a rough OC, not fine tuned for my system. So time to do it again. That's where the major gains are.

I didnt think that there would be much difference from 2 to 4

It's actually from 4 to 8. :ph34r: Noticeable difference...

Especially now that I'm back to being OCed at 3.6GHz (440x9 @ 1.4V - still need to stress test though).

Um... your not rated... run the wizard. You may gain more performance or functionality as it rates it by that. Also if the memory you put in was faster or you replaced your original you will gain more points.

My system is a 5.4, everything is 5.9 but the ram. 5.9 is the highest... granted i only have 2gb in it now.

Windows Vista pre-loads into ram. The more ram you have, the more apps you use the most are preloaded, meaning less hard drive access. MS did right with management of ram in Vista. The more you have, the more it benifits.

Nice, I know my mobo supports 16GB, I just ordered 64bit dvd of vista and Im getting itchy fingers....

Thinking about the

2.6ghz Black Edition AMD Phenom

2 more 2x2gb sticks

and an x-fi for christmas since my old one is AWOL!

And seriously contemplating buying 2 ATI video cards to do some crossfire.

Edited by pz3

2.6ghz Black Edition AMD Phenom

Granted, it's late, and I read the articles a few months ago... but if my memory serves. You get a lot more bang for the buck going with Intel. The the Black Edition was something to grab attention, but offered little more at a higher price.

I know some other guys will know better... but it was easy for me picking quad-core.

Do you have any idea the speed and power of a Q6600 @ 3.6GHz :o It's seriously nuts... I had no idea until I started running mine.

Good luck on your build.

Oh, had the SATA1 port on my mobo just snap off (weirdest thing). Functioning fine right now, but gives me an excuse for an upgrade later. :)

You get a lot more bang for the buck going with Intel. The the Black Edition was something to grab attention, but offered little more at a higher price.

The phenom 2.6 is actually the same price as the Q6600, but as far as best bang for the buck goes I have no idea.