New Ogr Map: Nowhere To Hide

Palyarmerc

My third map available for download.

Nowhere To Hide

A shanty map, rising in enemy AI difficulty from Guerillas, through Infantry to Special Forces as you progress thru the map...

Still learning, so it's very basic.

Fellow modders (as we are so few) feel free to use the map for mission modding - you can change the Areas, and Humans to create new missions, even add more Props if you want.

If you do, please re-name the whole thing to something appropriate, like Nowhere to Hide 2.

• 2 weeks later...

nice map - we tried it last night and got about 3/4 through it on single death with a 9 player team first try. We probably won't need to mod this map. I'm hacking up your Dragonfly map, though - that one has some rather deadly 50 cals that make the place somewhat "whatever-esque" in single death mode. The modded map will be called "dragonfly_fish" - releasing it tonight if I didn't mess it up (changed everything in the xml - never loaded it in the game yet). All I did on that map is turn the heavy weapon spawns into random spawns with 40-50% chances for each weapon, plus, I randomly changed half of them to mk19's, which in general are easier to tackle than a 50.

Yeah, 50's can be taken out with certain techniques, but that requires learning and no-respawn attempts negate that approach...

I have exported dragonfly as a night map too, that was even more fun when going nice-and-slow stylee... ( keep an eye out for a download for that)

Glad to hear you liked Nowhere to Hide, I try to make my towns a little realistic, not just random object placement...

But I've still not created my masterpiece...

My next map I will supply you prior to adding AI (Historical again, but with elevations now I've learnt how), we can then maybe release 2 versions to the community :):thumbsup:

My next map I will supply you prior to adding AI (Historical again, but with elevations now I've learnt how), we can then maybe release 2 versions to the community :):thumbsup:

my next one is historical, too - and lots of elevation (total rise from spawn to zulu is 30 meters). Big map, two weeks of work on the statics and props so far. very fun onbject set compared to ghetto - much more stuff to work with.

If you want to, I can send you my world file for this one - be warned - lightmap render is taking 23 hours on an x2 5600 cpu... should be done in a few hours for a first look at the place in all its glorious late evening light...

If you want to, I can send you my world file for this one - be warned - lightmap render is taking 23 hours on an x2 5600 cpu... should be done in a few hours for a first look at the place in all its glorious late evening light...

:o

Looking forward to seeing your collaborative efforts, sounds awesome.

lightmap render is taking 23 hours on an x2 5600 cpu...

It would be interesting to see how long it takes to render lightmaps on my machine, an AMD 64 x2 6400 :yes:

a few percent faster - my gaming box is a 6400 but it just doesn't go that much faster. It actually doesn't render the map at all, for some memory reasons. The slower PC my son usually uses is much more forgiving when rendering big maps (it crashes first try, but then I just reopen the editor and do it again, and bingo, it starts).

this latest map creates two atlas dds files - and it takes 2+ hours to run the atlasgen at the end to squeeze all the pieces into those files. Very BIG map. I just rendered a second day version, but found one single item that's from the wrong texture set. I'll remove that and then get you a copy of that map including day lightmaps, so you can skip the render and just put some AI on it.