How Bad Was Your Hit?

NoQuarter

I lost some too...but I look at this way...there are more people who cannot afford to invest towards their retirement, and are now facing $2,700/tax-payer responsibility...

let's try to be constructive with this thread...since it may lean towards politics... :yes:

my understanding is that its a safer bet for the next couple of years to invest in Bonds.

my employer and myself can only afford to invest with Fidelity Investments...there are two mutual funds I'm leaning to.

i'm still waiting for my appointment, and hopefully learn a thing or two and may share it here.

what say you?

Yes, but because they're low-risk, they're also low yield.

Remember... you only lose if you sell. We WILL bounce back.

No assets on the market, so it didn't matter to me. People I know have lost some, but you accept the risk with stocks and only sell when you're prepared to. Sure wish I had had money to invest with a week ago though... wow.

We don't have any stocks, and we only have one annuity. If we lost any, it wasn't much. Slightly OT, my parents used to own stock in Berkshire-Hathaway. They had to sell their stock about 25 years ago to help pay for some of my dad's medical bills. B-H stock is now worth six digits. :(

For once i'm glad i don't have any retirement nor investments. (was just looking into some ira options when everything went to crap) I'm also debt free as if last week paying my truck off and my wife's student loan. I rent though... but am looking at the market to see if something nice pops up cheap from the foreclosures and sherif sales.

Also i'm with a smaller bank so there not effected as much

I rent though... but am looking at the market to see if something nice pops up cheap from the foreclosures and sherif sales.

Your lose is in the rent...your throwing your money every month...your win though is in the price-war between new house contruction.. :yes: they will throw every incentive your way. maybe 1 yr no-pay, a flat screen (insist on 40"+ coz that is pretty much standard), some developers threw in a Toyota Prius...FOR REAL! You may think that is awesome...but in Chicago, there was a condo built above a bar----buy the condo you get a $38,000 bar tab credit...I think 3 college students bought that deal :rofl:

It's a buyers market right now...you can get a 4bedroom 3 car garage 3.5 bath for $250,000 which was priced around $450,000+ before the market fiasco.

A house in our area sold at close to $500,000 now selling at low $300,000...that's robbery right there.

Win for you, since you dont have a house to sell first (it would be a lost) contingent to your new purchase.

Foreclosure would be a 2x win if you can get the bank to give you a 4% interest over 30-years to pay...just dont give in to the adjustable mortgage rate....that's the culprit right there. tell them you'll walk out on deal if nothing better than 4%+30yrs.

Good luck to you and wife...I'm pretty sure she was nice to you when you paid her loan :shifty:

Sure wish I had had money to invest with a week ago though... wow.
:pokerface:

If I had a hair I'd have jumped onto some of those selling below break up value last week, but the way things are now, the more than usual irrationality of it, I just grit my teeth and stood pat.

Well all my Stocks & Bonds are +15% :rofl:

I'm so happy I invested into gr.net thx rocky, zjj & crew for increasing the value of my beloved gr.net

Seriously, those lucky to invest in stocks, bonds & other luxury commodities should remember all those that have not got a penny and have no investment but trying to get by week to week... I always knew it, why don't those that buy bonds & stocks notice it, Investments can go down aswell as up !!!! you can loose, it is not guaranteed when you gamble on the stock market then you gamble, don't get upset when once in 10-20 yrs is looses.

I have no sympathy, except I do feel sorry you all lost money to someone else that gained it, because money always goes somewhere, except too me, let me take this opportunity to add money to my santa list :santa: