X360 End War - Win Keys

Rocky

The End War private beta starts tomorrow for X360 owners, but you need a key to get in. I have 20 to give away, news posted details are below - email me quick before they are gone!

This coming Tuesday there's a private demo for the next big thing in the Tom Clancy gaming universe - End War. This RTS from Ubisoft is going to be huge, and X360 owners are clamouring all over for beta keys.

End War

Lucky for you, we've got 20 (yes twenty) beta keys for the private demo of End War. To have one of these keys delivered directly to your Private Message folder on our forums all you have to do is send in the missing word in the following sentence correctly, and hope you're one of the 20 drawn from the correct answers on Sunday 5th October at midnight GMT.

"End War ... the first video game controlled entirely by your *****"

Mail your entries to Rocky@GhostRecon.net with "End War" in the subject line!

Sure thing... I have only been able to play for like one or 2 hours and so far I'm liking it.

The Good:

• Excellent voice command response.
  • Maps seem big enough
  • Sounds are great
  • The feeling of chaos get to you quickly if you are in the wrong path.
  • Controls are very intuitive.

The Bad:

• Not really bad but hard to play when you are not really used to the equipment. Need to practice more and find better ways to use vehicles.
  • Lack of map access/view. Maybe I don't see it but I just can't guide myself using the minimap on the right. I wish there was a way to zoom in and have a tactical or commander view. I hope is there somewhere. <-- Never Mind I found out the "Select" button will give you the commander view. This is great.
  • A little hard to locate my forces in the minimap. Most of the time I wasted precious time trying to locate my forces. Would be great if the unit numbers are displayed all the time in the minimap. I only see the unit numbers when I select them. The number will flash in the minimap for few seconds then will be gone.
  • Lack of world view. You are stuck with the zoom of the unit. I'm fine with this I guess brings more tactical feeling to the game. Just need to get used to.

Edited by 1Bravo [CV]

Yea thanks Rocky,

Im loven the Demo i been playing for hours at a time all day. I only lost 1 match all night of playing. A UK guy just tore me up on the Link captures. Think he almost did nothing but riffleman and transports to start off with. Also after afew hours i see the game starts to glitch. I lose the intel voice in the mic and only goes over the TV. Plus my voice commands start to go bad and i have to restart and resink my voice to the game and it runs fine. Other than that this is a great game and should not be missed!

Anyways wanted to answer afew things on the bad you listed.

[*]Lack of map access/view. - If you use a Command vechile you get two options. 1 you can use a UVR to scout for you like in GRAW. Go into the command vechile and you can hit (Y) to bring out the drone. Than anytime you want to move the drone just look where you want it to go and hit (Y) again. 2 if you hit the select button if you have this vechile you get a full map to look at and even able to fight the whole game in this veiw if wanted.

[*]A little hard to locate my forces in the minimap. - Agreed it can be hard at times, however you can say unit# and it will show on the min map or you can use the D-pad left and right as you go through the list and it highlights as you cycle. This is alittle faster usen the D-pad.

[*]Lack of world view. - Well i really love this feature really. It keeps the field of battle view to only what you can see with your vechiles like in a real battle. It doesn't let you scout ahead with the make believe fly cam like all the other RTS. You have to go there or use a scout to see if any enemys are there and whats going on. Only bad thing is the Link Intels always show and it always shows if its taken or not and by who. They should of left this to sight only for that info. Other than that im glad they did it this way.

Good points DeadPreacher, I later discovered the "Select' button will give me the commander view I was looking for. I knew I just needed to play a little more :)

Now as I said using the d-pad to see what unit is what in the minipad kind of make you think "What were they thinking". It's fine if you only have few units but when you have too many it's get hard to scroll through all of them and get the one unit you need. I'm sure they will correct this.

Overall the game is great fun. It's like World In Conflict but more serious, more strategy based.