Compass Mod?

foxyboy1964

• 2 years later...

The compass is true. Turn in game until it points west, then look at the command map. You will see you are pointing west.

Wait, wat? The compass style threat indicator you can find in 9ms just points north wherever you turn. Is there any way to add the other true compass points to it?

Edited by metavoid

North is at the top. Then a dial will spin to the direction you are pointing.

Here you clearly see the blue dial pointing in each direction as I move around, this shows as true when you view the command map. No other way to do it:

Ah I understand now, apologies for my retardation, for some reason I thought that the arrow always pointed north! Don't know how I missed that...

• 2 weeks later...

It points in the right direction because E(ast) is in the left and W(est) is in the right. The arrow always point north, but this way it also tells you wich direction you are looking. Starting looking at north, if you turn 90º to the right, the arrow now will be in the left side, turning 90º in the other direction. It still points north, but it's indicating you are looking East.