Market (respawn And Graphic Bug Fixed)

Whiskey

Hi. =TanAtoS=B52

Think there is lightmaps but they are brightned up a little so the inside of the building dont

go total dark as it was with the first lightmaps.

If the light maps dont work it looks like this:

http://i284.photobucket.com/albums/ll5/Whi...No_lightmap.jpg

If u play this map with gamma rised in u graphic card driver it can looks like "no lightmaps" :thumbsup:

Hi all,

first I want to congratulate with Whiskey for his work. The map take us back to [GR] and it is absolutely funny to play.

But....I have a problem (maybe all can have this problem): some days ago we uploaded the old version of market on our first server. All of us downloaded this version and we played it. We could notice it was full of bugs, and as I am reading here today, u said the problem was solved with the new version.

Yesterday the new version was uploaded in our second server, I did not know that the server had the new version and I joined with my old version. Here is the problem....the server (with new version) let me play, I did not crash as usually happens in theese situations, I played the new version with people who had the new version, and there was a little litte and insignificant :P problem: I did not see in the map a lot of objects (expecially the bookstalls) which were seen from the people who were using the new version. As u can image my field of vision was quite better than them and I could kill them without they could see me.....

Just to let u understand better I show u 2 screens taken in the same place, in the same moment, from Iceman(using the new version) and from me (using the old version).

PGS_Iceman screen (NEW VERSION): NEW VERSION

PGS_Ten, me (OLD VERSION): OLD VERSION

Pheraps to solve this problem could be enough to change something in the maps' files of the map which make impossible to people who have the old version to play in server with the new version.

Hope I succed in making u understand the problem.

Thx again for your work.

Edited by PGS_Ten

Hi...

Thougt that folks download the newer file so the havent to look at thouse dark objects ,but realise now that

it can be funnier for some to play the old and take advantage out of it :ph34r: so the best would if Rocky or someone in staff

erase the old version from download section ,until it fixed.

The problem is that the maps has same name inside bundle and some xml has been changed in the new one.

Can fix and bundle it again but think thouse who download it a couple of times now are tired about it.

After all problems with the map i dont know if i dare to make a new one :P but i have learned a lot because this

is my first map ,and must thank u all for the feedback of the problems sofar... :thumbsup:

G'day Whisky....First congratulations on making this map...one of my team mates said it was one of their favorite maps from GR. Thankyou for letting us enjoy it again!

Don't worry if there are issues with the map, and please do not let it stop you making more maps. Not every map will be perfect and this is how we all learn. And as you said, you have learned alot so don't waste it!

So please keep making maps!

Re. the version issue...there is a simple, one line fix for this.

You can change the name in the "world_info.xml" and GRAW2 will only allow maps that have this same name to join...When you bundle it, it will still have the same bundle name, but it will appear in the map list in GRAW2 with the new name and only those with a matching name (ie. same version) will be able to play.

Suggest you call it something like "MARKET_v3" in world_info.xml.....

<world_info name="MARKET_v3" mission_time="day">

Hope that makes sense...post if you need any more information.

Dav.

Edited by davros

• 3 months later...

Hey rocky

Do not think there is a newer version than the one released, and I have decided not to make more with Market.

I am not satisfied with the map as it is and it was just an attempt to copy the original games feeling.

Graw is different and better game that requires its own maps. :santa::santa::santa:

Whiskey.

Hey Whiskey, sorry to hear it did not shape up the way you wanted.

I know many many people are keen to see some of the GR and GRAW1 maps in GRAW2.

As you may see, there are now a heap of people making coop missions and more having a go each week! Is there any chance wee could get you to craft a new map for us?

Perhaps we could give some suggestions (or pictures) about layout and gameplay elements - they you can focus on crafting it rather than having to do it all?

I'd love to learn more about map making and put it on the wiki (graw2.pbwiki.com) with some videos - it's such a mysterious art!

Dav

As you may see, there are now a heap of people making coop missions and more having a go each week! Is there any chance wee could get you to craft a new map for us?

Perhaps we could give some suggestions (or pictures) about layout and gameplay elements - they you can focus on crafting it rather than having to do it all?

I'd love to learn more about map making and put it on the wiki (graw2.pbwiki.com) with some videos - it's such a mysterious art!

Dav

I definitely second Dav's request. Of course that's a lot of work.

One thing that would be helpful would be having more pre-built buildings that could be imported into the Editor. I have no idea how this is done so don't even know if it is possible. But trying to make bunkers using what is in the Graw2 editor is a pain. I feel like a construction worker!.

Edited by AJ59