GL Bug [only have 1 grenade]

As a temporary work-around to correct the loadout (in v1.05) you can extract the \data\sb_templates\sb_weapon_data.xml

(from patch.bundle) and edit the following variables...

<var name="gl_clip" type="number" default="0"/>

<var name="spare_gl_clips" type="number" default="0"/>

from 0 to 4, then place the file in...

*:\*\Ubisoft\Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter 2\Local\english

____EDIT: patch from quick

Edited by NoQuarter

^

It sounds like you are trying to run the bundler.exe on its own, which won't work.

All Programs>Accessories>Command Prompt (XP) and then run the bundler (and its process) from there.

Sorry, no, the sb_weapon_data.xml was appended (2 new weapons, and hence the needed edit) so you have to extract the file from the v1.05 patch.bundle, and not from the quick.bundle. My bad.

Ok, what do I need to key into my command prompt? When I state the path and location, it keeps saying that it is "not recognized as an internal or external command"

This is my path specified. It is installed on my external harddisk. Thanks.

E:\Program Files\Ubisoft\Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter 2\public_tools\bundler

Prior to running the app, remember to create a new folder within the working dir -named "data"

C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator>E:\

E:\>cd E:\Program Files\Ubisoft\Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter 2\public_tools\bundler

E:\Program Files\Ubisoft\Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter 2\public_tools\bundler> bundler extract -r patch.bundle data data

The folder structure in local\English needsto be the same as for where you extracted it from...

ie.if it's in data\sb_templates\sb_weapon_data.xml

the modified file needs to go to...

local\English\sb_templates\sb_weapon_data.xml (note no "data" folder in this pathname)

Make sense? This file is then takes "priority" over the "standard" file in the bundle.

Hope that helps. Keep at it. Once you get your head around how it works, it's quite easy to change stuff.

Dav.