Why Is The Ai In Graw 1 Better Than In Graw2

Actually i find the ai in graw 1 to be pretty unfair for the most part.there were many times on every level in graw 1 where the enemy would spot you when they shouldnt have been able to.Graw 2 fixes this problem and sneaking now works pretty well.dont get me wrong i loved graw 1 as well i found the levels nicely done and all that but graw 2 ai for the most part is much more realistic.graw 1 ai isnt better then graw 2 ai more unfair would be a better term

Or is it just me imagining things? In Graw 2 they usually just sit on their ass and spray until they run out of ammo, it also seems like they move around more in Graw1. Is it just me or how did this happen?
You must be imagining some things, because other than the AT weapons, the AI will never run out of ammo...they are Advanced like that.

____

If you were to hunt around the forum you might come across a post from BoGRIN where in addressing the new features of :AW2 he basically stated that the AI was dumbed down based on/due to complaints about the lack of player control over the Ghosts in the previous offering.

Instead of the devs trying to find a happy medium of AI control, we got served one, and then the other, but not both...and it showed, especially considering the limited playing scope of the program.

• 4 months later...

Or is it just me imagining things? In Graw 2 they usually just sit on their ass and spray until they run out of ammo, it also seems like they move around more in Graw1. Is it just me or how did this happen?
You must be imagining some things, because other than the AT weapons, the AI will never run out of ammo...they are Advanced like that.

____

If you were to hunt around the forum you might come across a post from BoGRIN where in addressing the new features of :AW2 he basically stated that the AI was dumbed down based on/due to complaints about the lack of player control over the Ghosts in the previous offering.

Instead of the devs trying to find a happy medium of AI control, we got served one, and then the other, but not both...and it showed, especially considering the limited playing scope of the program.

Of course I meant run out of ammo as runs out of the clip and has to reload, as everyone else understood.

Personally I liked GRAW 2 better. You could actually sneak up on them. Unfortunately, if you run around crouched with a silenced rifle you're practically invisible to them.

Wolfsong posted some details on how to edit A.I. awareness a while back. i worked with it a bit but I can't remember what my results were. Here's the thread.

This would be an immensely welcome mod, if someone were to make the detection more reasonable. Frankly I'm mentally drained from trying to edit Arma, just the thought of doing any modding right now makes me cringe.

As for the difference between graw1 and 2, I like what the devs had in mind with 2. It just needs to be tweaked. What they BOTH need is some way to get your A.I. mates to mimick your stance. I HATE when I go prone and my team stands in the open.

MAN I hate that, LOL.

Edited by doubletap